Thai hotels ranked among world's cheapest

webfact

Will you, please, stop complaining.

Generally Thai Hotels are very cheap and offer a very good service.

Just think of the rip off prices back in your own country, especially in Europe.

i have never before in my life seen such complaining and bitchy criticism as i see on Thailand expat forums and fb.

Are they all British or are some Americans?

Just think of the rip off prices back in your own country, especially in Europe.

i have never before in my life seen such complaining and bitchy criticism as i see on Thailand expat forums and fb.

Give it time, you've only just arrived.................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Better get used to it. A lot of bitter people on this site, I suspect people that are in LOS for the cheap booze, women, and sunshine but hate everything else.

Clearly the undisputed world leader too. What other nation thought to design balconies specifically for the assisted suicide of its foreign guests?

Or to turn off the fire alarm and sprinkler systems to minimise discomfort to residents in the event of a fire?

I remember hotels being much cheaper than what they are saying just last year when I visited Pattaya. I think 1000 a night was on the expensive end for ac room. Are those prices for hotels with 3 or higher star rating?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hahahahahaaaaaa.....

Clearly the undisputed world leader too. What other nation thought to design balconies specifically for the assisted suicide of its foreign guests?

Or to turn off the fire alarm and sprinkler systems to minimise discomfort to residents in the event of a fire?

I am obviously staying in different hotels from youwink.png

i live here mate

but i do read the news

Hotels. com is wrong - it is not that Thai hotels are cheap rather less expensive - and it is more that hotels in Europe the US, Caribbean are totally overpriced for the level of service they offer!

I travel a lot and stay in hotels all over the world - and while there are a few exceptions - I found that Asia especially Thailand has the highest standard when compared to a similar hotel category in most other countries - reasonable prices with a higher level of service in most 3* and 4* to 5 * hotels.

Cheap is of course relative - if one would ask a regular citizen of this country if he thinks that a hotel costing 2000-3000 Baht a night is cheap the answer would definitely be "terrible expensive".

Many hotels in Europe the US and the Caribbean are totally overpriced for what they offer!

I recently stayed at hotels in the US, UK, Italy, Paris, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dubai, Singapore, HCM-City, Hanoi - hardly any of these places can compete in price and service with hotels in a similar category in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Thailand surely has a huge advantage there.

• Like 1

cheapest for us sometimes...in bangkok a cheap room is most of the time synonyme of bad or very bad.. but..in a country where most people have less than 10 000 baths a mounth can't afford 4000 baths for a room a night.....

coffee1.gif

Unfortunately, when I walk around MBK, it's clear to me that many people can't even afford 4 baths a week.

• Like 1

i live here mate

but i do read the news

Fair enough. I stay in about 30 different hotels in Thailand every year and have had no problems with either balconies or absence of fire alarms.

i live here mate

but i do read the news

Fair enough. I stay in about 30 different hotels in Thailand every year and have had no problems with either balconies or absence of fire alarms.

I think he is inferring that there is a surprising number of tourists "falling" off balconies and a high number of hotel fires that highlight non functioning alarms and sprinklers as well as "locked" fire doors

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app