Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Clear as mud.

Therefore fishy.

What do professional intelligence agencies make of this conflicting information?

Or is everything being covered up so even the professionals can't get a look in?

hey psssht the professionals are doing this ,,hush don't tell (THIS MESSAGE WILL SELFDESTRUCT IN 10.7 SECONDS)

Send with Commodore 64 using Thaivisa Connect Mobile App

coffee1.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clear as mud.

Therefore fishy.

What do professional intelligence agencies make of this conflicting information?

Or is everything being covered up so even the professionals can't get a look in?

hey psssht the professionals are doing this ,,hush don't tell (THIS MESSAGE WILL SELFDESTRUCT IN 10.7 SECONDS)

coffee1.gif

I'd love to know what the CIA or US Counterterrorism Agency is thinking.smile.png

My concern would be Malaysia or the PRC or factions within are not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

I'd love to know what the CIA or US Counterterrorism Agency is thinking.smile.png

Look them searching , using minimal of our tech and manpower , we find the plane allready cos its right where we told our chinese buddys to drop it

Look them searching , using minimal of our tech and manpower , we find the plane allready cos its right where we told our chinese buddys to drop it

With the greatest of respect, your flippancy does not help.

wai2.gif

With the greatest of respect, your flippancy does not help.

wai2.gif

I know, excuses .

Lets get back to the topic

Got this , some korean kid managed to hack the remote control of the plane and while thinking its a simulation making the crazy turns and turning off the devices crashed it somewhere , just theory no source exept braincells

Got this , some korean kid managed to hack the remote control of the plane and while thinking its a simulation making the crazy turns and turning off the devices crashed it somewhere , just theory no source exept braincells

Yes, the remote control. Shame they leave those laying around where anyone can just pick them up. They probably forgot to take it with them and were then stuck having to pilot the plane from the cockpit instead of the front row of first class.

Even tho the news is centered on the pings off the Ozi west coast now I am left puzzled why the press reported the following THREE stories and never seemed to close them out with answers? Anyone else help?

1. What did the New Zealander actually see from the offshore platform in the South China Sea he said was a crashing airplane falling from the sky - same time as MH370 flight went missing?

2. What were the various different peoples in Mauritius all seeing and hearing when they reported a low flying aircraft flying by at same time MH370 might have diverted there?

3. Why have the FIVE people who checked into MH370 and but never got on the flight and had their bags removed never been identified and had their faces and good luck stories pasted all over the newspapers?

Just wondering how these stories can be thrown out there with no closure at all.... but with such long threads as this maybe all answered and I missed it?

I'm not doubting yo ubut having like most of us followed the news Mauritius which I know well would I sincerely belive be beyond range of a 777 fuelled for Beijing.Airlines esp Malaysia are notorious for flying light,as LHR pointed out extra fuel has a multiplier effect.

Or are you suggesting it refulled at DG or some other location.

BBC News | UK | Airline meeting over 'low fuel' report
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/339810.stm‎
1 Malaysian Airlines is to meet government officials after allegations that it repeatedly flew across the UK with dangerously lowlevels of fuel. ... Monday's Flight International magazine reported that the airline's jets had flown into London's Heathrow Airport up to 10 times with less

A source for this astonishing claim please.

On the box the other night they were saying that one of the military giants probably knows where this plane is but they won't reveal what they know because they would be giving away there capabilities or incapabilities.

We haven't heard much from the States, have we?

(Just a necessary opportunity to change topics to Faux News bashing.)

Flight 370 effort could soon shift from search to recovery

Published April 09, 2014
FoxNews.com

bluefin.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

The Bluefin 21, the Artemis autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV), is hoisted back on board the Australian navy's Ocean Shield in the southern Indian Ocean. (U.S. Navy)

The team of international investigators hunting for Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 has "unquestionably" located the missing jetliner and could soon have high resolution images of the wreck site, an expert in deep sea recoveries of ships and planes told FoxNews.com.

There is virtually no chance that the pings picked up by ships towing sophisticated listening devices could be anything other than signals emitted by the plane's flight data recorder, or "black box," David Mearns, of Blue Water Recoveries, a United Kingdom-based company that holds the Guinness World Record for the deepest ocean recovery and has assisted searches for sunken planes.

"This cannot be coming from anything else. This is the best equipment there is, and the signal is unmistakable.”

- David Mearns, Blue Water Recoveries

If Mearns is correct, what remains is to pinpoint the precise location, map the debris field on the seabed and begin recovering parts of the plane and, possibly, the bodies of victims. The site is some 15,000 feet, or 2.8 miles deep, Mearns said, and in a remote part of the Indian Ocean that is deeper than the Titanic's final resting site and too deep for humans to dive.

..."The reason they haven’t announced it is what the families have gone through in terms of all the false leads, and they are demanding that they see pieces of wreckage," Mearns said.

More

Edited by NeverSure

3. Why have the FIVE people who checked into MH370 and but never got on the flight and had their bags removed never been identified and had their faces and good luck stories pasted all over the newspapers?

Just wondering how these stories can be thrown out there with no closure at all.... but with such long threads as this maybe all answered and I missed it?

Think this once again. If you would be one of those 5 people, would you like to go to the front of the media and say how lucky you were.. while the families of the people who died are mouring their loved ones?

Furthermore there would be all kind of suspicious rumours about these "5 survivors" and the media would be knocking their doors. Not an pleasant situation to be.

By protecting their identifies, the authorities and the media has done more good than bad.

Where have you been ? This angle was cleared up 4 weeks ago. NOBODY checked in then did not board the plane. Five people that had booked and paid for the flight failed to show up on the day. This happens on a lot of flights. That is why they have wait lists. And in this occasion five people from the wait list were bumped up on the manifest.

You are totally wrong... They did check in and then didn't show up and their luggage was removed..... 144 pages later and no one remembers this ...http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/10/malaysia-airlines-plane-hijacked-missing-5-passengers/

And yes they should <deleted> well be questionned !

Some people. rolleyes.gif

On the box the other night they were saying that one of the military giants probably knows where this plane is but they won't reveal what they know because they would be giving away there capabilities or incapabilities.

I've been wondering why the US hasn't dispatched a sub.

Maybe it wouldn't do well to parade the Big Hardware in front of someone who one day you may be at war with.

The ocean bed in the search area is very mountainous, sadly, I think a life time would be closer to the mark.

There is not much bathometry in this area. From what I can see on google earth it does not look too bad. I would call it hilly rather than mountainous. The topography of the seabed may complicate the the seach slightly but not significantly.

Topography of the ocean floor in the current search area...

attachicon.gif74080604_ocean_depths_976.jpg

attachicon.gif74080603_ocean_depths_2_976.jpg

Link to the surface ships working the area....click the drop down & look for MH370

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

Thanks for that. I thought the search area was further north. That topography will make the search interesting. I can see a tow fish or two being lost.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I did see a posting by someone on an aviation site who said there is in fact a circuit breaker for the cockpit voice recorder, but it is located in the lower electronics bay, not in the cockpit. Perhaps a 777 pilot here could verify that. It would truly be the final bizarre twist to this incident if the plane is recovered, and the cockpit voice recorder is.............blank.

Hi,

That is correct. The circuit breakers are not located in the flight deck for the CVR/FDR.

The CVR can be erased in the flight deck via the erase switch, but only on the ground with electrical power established and the brakes set.

I'd heard the CVR/FDR could be disabled by tampering with something (breakers?) beneath the cockpit floor. A hatch? ...and no mention of the craft having to be on the ground, etc.

I don't think anyone could disable power to the FDR without getting into the floor with some tools.

And he would have had to turn the plane around first to buy himself some time.

AFAIK the recorders are inaccessible, so he wouldn't be able to wipe what was on there while he was doing it.

Still the key to the mystery if you ask me.

More 'pings' raise hopes that Flight MH370 will be found

PERTH, Australia — Planes and ships hunting for the missing Malaysian jetliner zeroed in on a targeted patch of the Indian Ocean on Thursday, after a navy ship picked up underwater signals that are consistent with a plane’s black box.

Thursday’s search zone was the smallest yet in the monthlong search for Flight MH370 — 22,364 square miles of ocean — and comes a day after the Australian official in charge of the search expressed hope that crews were closing in on the “final resting place” of the vanished jet.

Angus Houston, who is coordinating the search off Australia’s west coast, said Wednesday that equipment on the Australian vessel Ocean Shield had picked up two sounds from deep below the surface on Tuesday, and an analysis of two other sounds detected in the same general area on Saturday showed they were consistent with a plane’s flight recorders, or “black boxes.”

“I’m now optimistic that we will find the aircraft, or what is left of the aircraft, in the not-too-distant future,” Houston said Wednesday.

No further sounds had been picked up overnight, Houston’s search coordination center said Thursday. But the Ocean Shield was continuing its hunt, slowly dragging a U.S. navy pinger locator through the ocean’s depths, hoping to find the signal again and get a more specific fix on its location.

More here - dallasnews

Experts give reasons for lack of debris from Flight MH370

EXPERTS inside the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH 370 Joint Agency Coordination Centre believe there are just two possible explanations for the lack of debris on the ocean surface from the downed jet.

The wide-bodied Boeing 777 was either flown under control into the ocean, largely intact and sank to the bottom in one piece or its wreckage was scattered by a cyclone that passed through the search area soon after the search began.

In late March there were fears that Cyclone Gillian, which set off a cyclone warning in the southern corridor, could hamper search and rescue operations.

More here - news.com.au

Personal note: From the photos in the link, the seas in that area appear to be very calm and smooth so their statement of flown in is plausible.

Experts confirm pulse signals are from a black box

MH370-black-box-signal-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Experts in Australia and the United States have confirmed that the pulse signals picked up by vessels searching for a missing Malaysian airliner in the southern Indian Ocean are from a man-made device and are not natural sounds from the sea, according to the Joint Agency Co-ordination Centre (JACC).

Its chief co-ordinator, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, said Wednesday the experts, from the Australian Joint Acoustic Analysis Centre (AJACC) in New South Wales and the black box manufacturer in the United States, had confirmed that the 33.31 kHz signals were from the flight data recorder of a black box.

However, it could not be confirmed whether the signals had come from the black box of the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight, MH370, he said.

“The two recent signals were detected by the Australian Defence Vessel (ADV) Ocean Shield at 4.27 pm and 10.17 pm yesterday,” he told a press conference on developments in the search for the Boeing 777-200ER aircraft.

The first signal lasted for five minutes and 32 seconds and the second, seven minutes, he said.

Last Monday, Ocean Shield detected two signals after having picked up one on Sunday, while a Chinese ship, Haixun 01, traced two signals last Friday and Saturday.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/experts-confirm-pulse-signals-black-box/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-10

Maybe it wouldn't do well to parade the Big Hardware in front of someone who one day you may be at war with.

Looks like the search/rescue teams have access to the equipment they need.

No need for US sub.

And because the Dept of the Navy didn't email you (or the New York Times...) about it, you assume one wasn't? IF a sub's sensor capabilities WERE used to help localize the pings coming from the black boxes, I doubt that fact would be released for the public to read about, at least not until it became unavoidable. Not that it's going to be of that much help with something at those depths. The unmanned deep-diving submersibles can go far deeper to listen and look for things. I can think of some other reasons for military subs not being everyone's first choice for search platform as well.

I do hope they've found the remains at last. Finally some closure for a lot of distraught families who did absolutely nothing to deserve this.

I'm not a pilot, but pilots on this thread can tell me whether a plane might have been ditched, with as little structural damage as possible, in the following manner: maneuver down close to sea level, as if ditching at sea to save passengers, except in this scenario, saving passengers is not the goal (they may already be dead, anyway). When close to touching down, point the nose up, thereby slowing the craft even more. That's a similar maneuver to some modern fighter planes which suddenly point their noses up, in order to slow dramatically, and thereby force closely pursuing craft to pass it. Granted, 777's maneuver more cumbersomely than fighter jets, but the concept is similar.

When slowed as much as possible, the commercial craft falls in to the sea - thereby causing least amount of structural damage. If the pilot was intending to ditch in as inaccessible a region as possible, he was successful. Furthermore, he may plausibly have been planning to cause as little floating debris as possible. If so, this too was a success. In sum, I allege he committed suicide/mass murder, with the intent of leaving as small a 'footprint' as possible - and was successful.

The US has stealth subs that are nuclear powered and very, very good at listening. I've wondered why there aren't a couple in the water. But the listening devices that are being towed by the Aussies are US made.

I just hope they've really found the spot for closure for the friends and families.

I'm not a pilot, but pilots on this thread can tell me whether a plane might have been ditched, with as little structural damage as possible, in the following manner: maneuver down close to sea level, as if ditching at sea to save passengers, except in this scenario, saving passengers is not the goal (they may already be dead, anyway). When close to touching down, point the nose up, thereby slowing the craft even more. That's a similar maneuver to some modern fighter planes which suddenly point their noses up, in order to slow dramatically, and thereby force closely pursuing craft to pass it. Granted, 777's maneuver more cumbersomely than fighter jets, but the concept is similar.

When slowed as much as possible, the commercial craft falls in to the sea - thereby causing least amount of structural damage. If the pilot was intending to ditch in as inaccessible a region as possible, he was successful. Furthermore, he may plausibly have been planning to cause as little floating debris as possible. If so, this too was a success. In sum, I allege he committed suicide/mass murder, with the intent of leaving as small a 'footprint' as possible - and was successful.

No. And explained already.