How to open 100% Thai company

Similar to street food vendors?

My wife is a thai and want to open a company and start reselling imported tobacco products.

How shall we proceed?
We have visited 2 agency's and seems that they just trying make me open Limited company and get involved. That's really not what i want.
It's gonna be 100% my wife owned company. We just need to get started somehow.

How a regular thai woman can open a company without expensive help of lawyers or agencies?

As it's imported cigarette product, maybe she need Tobacco lisence. As far as i know, she can obtain that from local Amphur (district office)
It's gonna be real small business, just couple thousand bahts here and then. Lucky if she get's 10 000b a month. It's gonna be just side business, main focus is studying languages anyway.

If i understand correctly. Street vendors usually have just tax id (though, they don't pay taxes as incomes are quite low). They even don't have company behind them?

It's quite frustrating as i really don't know how to get started, agencies could do it, but at expensive prices. Even my thai wife doesn't know how to get started.
If she could do all by herself, she will. If not, then we use agency help, but it's gonna be pricy and i doubt regular thai people don't use them.

Any help will be appreaciated :)

The license the Amphur issues only covers the sales side, it will not allow you to import, for that you need an import license, you may need a company limited for this and also FDA approval will be required for the products that are intended to be imported.

• Like 2

Oh, i totally forgot. She ain't gonna do any importing as there are big importing company already in Bangkok.
She only gonna be independent reseller to them. So no need importing lisences or anything.

Just to start webpage, couple commercials and spread the word to potential customers.

You guys think it's okay to obtain tobacco lisence and start selling in your own name? Or will she need company behind her? Yearly incomes would maximum be 100 000b i think.

You talk about importing products and now you explain that she won't import anything ! So clear !

Sorry, my english ain't perfect =(

Anyway, she's only gonna sell imported tobacco products. Only re-selling, nothing else.

Thanks for the thai PDF's. She will check them out :)

She will go to district office this week. I hope they have all the info she'll need to get started.

She just needs to register a Thai sole trader/sole proprietor business. In Thai, this is called a 'book Khon Tamada'. It costs only a few baht to register, which is done at the local Tessabahn.

Simon