Police rescue 31 girls in 'sting' operation

Lite Beer

Police rescue 31 girls in 'sting' operation
The Sunday Nation

Thirty-one girls were rescued and four human-traffic suspects arrested in a police sting operation early yesterday that targeted three karaoke bars in Chacherngsao's Ban Pho district.

Thirty of the girls are immigrants and one is Thai.

They were reportedly forced into prostitution at the bars in tambon Don Sai.

Thanachot Jaisiri, Sajee Thienthong, Thawatchai Wianglor and Ratchanee Khemkhot were arrested and items, including condoms, the victims' passports and accounting records of sex services, were seized as evidence.

The police operation followed authorities receiving information from the alleged human-trafficking ring's previous victims who had been rescued.

The ring allegedly lured girls from Thailand and neighbouring countries into prostitution.

Police transferred the rescued girls to Ban Pakkred Home pending their investigation, including alleged passport and document forgery.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-23

• Like 1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip of the iceberg... If authorities would really want to fight against prostitution, they would start to clean all entertainment venues, starting by ALL massage parlors on Ratchada, Nana Plaza and Cowboy and so on... This Chacherngsao operation is probably the result of the owner not paying enough money to the police. CORRUPTION is the CANCER of the Thai Society. Police = Mafia. They control all and nothing will never change unless there is a deep and final cleaning of the Police, main root cause of the rapid downfall of this country which is no more State and no more Authority, other than money and corruption. This country is a total ANARCHY. I am just reminding facts that are very well known, but it reaches such an indecent level of hypocrisy that the whole country is now DOOMED.

There are 30 million human trafficking's each year in the world, that they know of, more that the population of Australia.

Tip of the iceberg... If authorities would really want to fight against prostitution, they would start to clean all entertainment venues, starting by ALL massage parlors on Ratchada, Nana Plaza and Cowboy and so on... This Chacherngsao operation is probably the result of the owner not paying enough money to the police. CORRUPTION is the CANCER of the Thai Society. Police = Mafia. They control all and nothing will never change unless there is a deep and final cleaning of the Police, main root cause of the rapid downfall of this country which is no more State and no more Authority, other than money and corruption. This country is a total ANARCHY. I am just reminding facts that are very well known, but it reaches such an indecent level of hypocrisy that the whole country is now DOOMED.

How would they 'start to clean' Pattaya then?

What about Phuket then,and all the brothels for thais

How would they 'start to clean' Pattaya then?

easy

send in all the Red shirts

my friend tells me pattaya is empty of Farlang and a high quanty of girls have gone home

Red shirt and Falang just not mix

If every pimp, john and hooker was arrested in Thailand, there would be 25 million people in jail.

Most Thai men are either johns or pimps. It is almost a right of passage for young Thai men to have sex with hookers.

Brothels and massage parlors are the size of five star hotels and are on every street corner. 1/10 women who walk in the shopping malls have had sex for money at one point in their lives.

Thailand is the sex capital of the world for good reason - young, poor good looking girls and horny unethical men.

Expatriates love to criticize prostitution and lash out against young girls having sex for money - yet they are the most frequent customers at massage parlors and short time hotels.

What a bunch of BS and hypocrisy.

Hate to tell you this my friend

I have been living in Thailand for 8 years now and believe me Farlang and Thai girls for sex is the yip of the iceberg

If you are not in well with Thais you have no idea

A Thai Karaoke bar would never hire the girls you are happy to sleep with, most are the rejects that thai men will not touch

and short time hotels,, you only see what they want you to see

Have you ever wondered why they have curtains on the drive in

Most big business's I deal with have

Lunch break

Coffee break

and stress breaks

thats when the short time hotels get used

Most Thai wives are okay with her husband having happy times, as long as he is not seen doing it

and if you really want to see how the other house lives. ask the taxi driver to take you to Buffalo Bridge

You may have your eye's opened

• Like 1

Scum of the earth. I hope the girls are not ostracized after going back home.

You are joking

This is Thailand

The loan is made at home

and when they can not pay back the debt, their daughters become the payment till the loan is repaid

• Like 1

If I've a read the newspaper correctly both the police and the army have been involved in human trafficking or the organisation of prostitution in the past. Is it possible this place has gone over the limit? Or they didn't pay a percentage to the police?

Anyway, it's a good thing that at least one place has been shut down.

I went once to a girlie show in Chiang Mai. It wasn't x-rated, but it had tall attractive Thai women coming on to a stage in sequence, and dancing to music like trained horses. They were dressed nattily and 'danced' by standing still and lifting one leg, and then the other - nearly on beat to the (eternally crappy Thai pop) music. Both they and the audience looked bored to tears.

The message which clanged forth: There are a plethora of forces, in Thailand, which compel young women to be sexual floozies. Many elder Thai men and women make a career out of compelling Thai women to be vamps. Money is the main lure. Of course there are sex-workers in other countries, but in Thailand, it's a deep-set, embedded, wide ranging malady.

Is this not why men come to Thailand..? They don't come to be Buddhists.. and I have a friend called "nattily" w00t.gif

Well most Karoke bars are full of Police and government big wigs as clients, mostly is it not?

I've had brothel managers from two different places tell me; As soon as a 'new girl' shows up, chief of police wants to know right away - so he can be first to de-flower them. I'll let you guess whether he pays a fee. Next in line, Police and Army brass. Then, a week later, she's available for regular clients, but shopped out as 'a virgin' for the next 10 customers, who are charged accordingly.

Scum of the earth. I hope the girls are not ostracized after going back home.

You are joking - This is Thailand - The loan is made at home, and when they can not pay back the debt, their daughters become the payment till the loan is repaid.
You can be sure, as soon as the bust happened, the girls were not paid their due for however many prior days/weeks. A brothel manager (often they're police- or politician-related) who is fair-minded, decent with employees - is about as common as a hippo with butterfly wings.
  • Like 1

I applaud the police for rescuing these poor girls, and I hope the system will lock these evil traffickers up and throw away the key. The sun does not want to shine on these creatures ever again. This will send out a strong message to other cruel-hearted ruffians everywhere.

It sounds from the OP that some of the girls will now face prison time for forged documents. Out of the frying pan into the fire!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This has very little to do with prostitution, this is about people being held against their will and forced to have sex with customers. There is a massive difference.

Even though it appears to be window dressing, IMHO, congratulations to the police for following through on the information received. I would hope/wish that this would be an incentive for a proper crackdown on this area of the sex trade here in Thailand, but unfortunately the 'Mr. Bigs' are hidden in the very force that make the arrests or the people in government/politics who control what the police do.

Unless/until that issue is dealt with, then nothing much will change.

• Like 2

Human traffic is a lot like road traffic in Thailand.

Anything goes, no restrictions.

If you screw up and get caught, a few Baht fine is paid and you go on your way!

Don't want to stop it and screw up the economy would we?post-147745-0-52802200-1395549309.gif

Edited by willyumiii

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

jalansanitwong, on 23 Mar 2014 - 08:53, said:Quote

These busts are just publicity stunts. There are thousands of brothels all over Thailand not just Bangkok and nearby provinces.
The biggest brothel in Thailand and probably all of Asia is just down the road at a place called... Pattaya.
There are as many as 30,000 prostitutes operating there depending on the time of year, most from the poorest provinces of NE Thailand.
Thai gov will never shut down Pattaya. Too many powerful players involved.

And of the 30,000 prostitutes (nice figures those) operating in Pattaya, how many of them are kept under lock and key when not working with their passports/ID cards taken away from them as opposed to the ones that are there wanting to exploit the supply & demand scenario created by the sex tourist?

Those percentages should be in the same source that you get the 30,000 from................wink.png

There is a big difference between prostitution and what this article is about. I believe that Pattaya or any of the other tourist destinations would be furthest away from the sex trafficking/forced sex scenario the OP referring to. In other words, the P4P that you see is not what is happening outside the commercial areas.

Edited by chrisinth