Election Commission turns down CMPO's budget request

webfact

Election Commission turns down CMPO's budget request

PNPOL570328001000501_28032014_124858.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 March 2014 (NNT) - The Election Commission has turned down the Center for Managing Peace and Order (CMPO)'s budget request on the grounds of unclear budget proposal.

According to Election Commission Secretary-General, Phuchong Nutrawong, the EC did not approve of the CMPO's request for a budget of 2.3 billion baht due to the lack of clarity in the budget’s details.

Phuchong cited as a precedent the case of the Department of Investigation (DSI), which, for unknown reasons, had been allotted a much higher budget than most other departments.

The Election Commission will invite Police Chief Adul Saengsinkaew, who is also the Deputy-Director of the CMPO, to further clarify the CMPO's request next week.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-28 footer_n.gif

I'm a wee bit confused. I thought that the CMPO was 'downgraded' to CAPO with the Emergency Decree lifted and the ISA put into effect.

Wouldn't that mean the CAPO could have inherited this budget request? If so, wouldn't the 'more relaxed' security situation mean a lesser need for budget?

• Like 2

I'm a wee bit confused. I thought that the CMPO was 'downgraded' to CAPO with the Emergency Decree lifted and the ISA put into effect.

Wouldn't that mean the CAPO could have inherited this budget request? If so, wouldn't the 'more relaxed' security situation mean a lesser need for budget?

No, lack of clarity in the budget’s details is the given reason. In other words certain people from the CMPO will have to use their frequent flyer points now to visit the boss for instructions. It appears from an earlier report money was spent without approval, who is going to pay it back and will the Sot be held accountable for it.

• Like 2

Phuchong cited as a precedent the case of the Department of Investigation (DSI), which, for unknown reasons, had been allotted a much higher budget than most other departments.

I think the reason is clear. You help me, and I will take care of you.

From what was reported elsewhere this is the budget that (the DSI) CMPO has already allocated for the SOE.

It would seem they have paid 200 staff at the DSI 3333 B per day and the police 700 B per day as an allowance.

However the EC said the accounting for the money spent was "incomplete" and did not show where the money had gone.

Should also be remembered that the DSI had already been given 1.2 billion from the central fund for the CMPO.

• Like 1

From what was reported elsewhere this is the budget that (the DSI) CMPO has already allocated for the SOE.

It would seem they have paid 200 staff at the DSI 3333 B per day and the police 700 B per day as an allowance.

However the EC said the accounting for the money spent was "incomplete" and did not show where the money had gone.

Should also be remembered that the DSI had already been given 1.2 billion from the central fund for the CMPO.

From the 700 Baht the deducted a lot for food, which was incredibly expensive and the police complained a lot about the poor quality.

Some Shinawatra might has made a lot money again.....

• Like 1

Quite simple really,when they changed the name from CMPO to CAPO they forgot to change the Swiss bank account name for receipt of the funds.

• Like 1

Why does Chalerms deputy have to answer to the rejection? Or is Chalerm too busy still feverishly spending the money from the first round of bugeted funds? What a joke. When Chalerm wants to makes harsh baseless statements or threats he fears no one. Seems like he may fear this meeting by attending himself as he and only he knows how the moey would have been spent. Just shows what a true weakling he is.

Good job EC!!!

Yet the NACC budget was cut by 60% when the PTP came to power.

Interesting that the PTP have a perceived view that the independent agencies are not independent so as punishment they cut there budget yet by giving the DSI a lot higher budget when the DSI in fact is a tool of the PTP.

So what can be infurred from this is that the PTP don't necessarily dislike entities that are tainted as long as they slant to the PTP agenda. So if you share the same beliefs as us we will reward you.

This OP also gives prominence to their contempt of anyone that investigates corruption which is at the heart of the shin dynasty.

Did you read the OP with such an agenda that you missed the two most obvious facts?

1. CMPO is a PTP slanted agency and they were denied.
  2. What the 7734 is an election commission doing awarding budgets to any agencies?

Transparency and accountability.

Two words that are an anathema to the PTP.

Link to anathema

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anathema

Look under the second grouping item #4 and also under generic usage.

In general usage, the word "anathema" is employed mainly to describe vehement disagreement with or dislike of something.

How interesting that because you had to look it up you assume somebody else would have to as well. What's that saying again about being quiet, or removing all doubt?

I think that this is what the CMPO had already spent Rubl and they haven't provided enough details as to how it was spent that is the stumbling block here.

Maybe the 5 star hotel prepared meals that they were enjoying were a bit too embarrassing to declare allied to the fact that they just love secrecy when money is involved!!! Far better if only they are privy to such things and it gets a bit awkward when they have to provide proof in the form of receipts to justify their spending as, GOD FORBID!!! other people can see it!!

No surprise the Electoral Commission doesn't want the Department of Special Investigations to investigate crimes committed.

And as long as the Electoral Commission doesn't hold an election it remains in effective control of the government, able to block funding for the country, preventing criminal investigation of their crimes, and holding the country to hostage.

• Like 1

It seems that they are talking about the funds that were appropriated by CMPO from the Central Budget and spent while CMPO was still in operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yet the NACC budget was cut by 60% when the PTP came to power.

Interesting that the PTP have a perceived view that the independent agencies are not independent so as punishment they cut there budget yet by giving the DSI a lot higher budget when the DSI in fact is a tool of the PTP.

So what can be infurred from this is that the PTP don't necessarily dislike entities that are tainted as long as they slant to the PTP agenda. So if you share the same beliefs as us we will reward you.

This OP also gives prominence to their contempt of anyone that investigates corruption which is at the heart of the shin dynasty.

Did you read the OP with such an agenda that you missed the two most obvious facts?

• CMPO is a PTP slanted agency and they were denied.
  • What the 7734 is an election commission doing awarding budgets to any agencies?

Constitution requires any expenditures by a caretaker govt not already approved under the budget act or thro a cabinet resolution before the House was dissolved to be approved by the EC which must reject anything that would create an obligation on the next govt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

No surprise the Electoral Commission doesn't want the Department of Special Investigations to investigate crimes committed.

And as long as the Electoral Commission doesn't hold an election it remains in effective control of the government, able to block funding for the country, preventing criminal investigation of their crimes, and holding the country to hostage.

The topic is questions on a budget which the CMPO may have had, spent, but can't properly indicate how it did.