NHRCT urges officials to quickly find culprits behind political attacks

webfact

PNPOL570404001000401_04042014_021644.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 April 2014, The Office of the National Human Rights Commission of Thailand (NHRCT) has urged the government and the National Police Office to quickly find and bring to justice the culprits behind a spate of violent political attacks.

NHRTC Commissioner Dr. Nirun Pitakwatchara made the statement after visiting the People Network for Thailand's Reform (NSPRT)’s rally site on Phitsanulok Road, following the recent attack on the group that killed one of its guards and injured several other protesters.

According to him, the NSPRT has the rights to seek police protection as the government has failed to provide sufficient security to the people who are exercising their rights to protest.

Dr. Nirun said he would prepare an incident report and submit it to the government, adding that the report would be aimed at raising awareness of the government regarding politically induced violence. He also said the government should be responsible for casualties resulting from political gatherings.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-04 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

PNPOL570404001000401_04042014_021644.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 April 2014, The Office of the National Human Rights Commission of Thailand (NHRCT) has urged the government and the National Police Office to quickly find and bring to justice the culprits behind a spate of violent political attacks.

NHRTC Commissioner Dr. Nirun Pitakwatchara made the statement after visiting the People Network for Thailand's Reform (NSPRT)’s rally site on Phitsanulok Road, following the recent attack on the group that killed one of its guards and injured several other protesters.

According to him, the NSPRT has the rights to seek police protection as the government has failed to provide sufficient security to the people who are exercising their rights to protest.

Dr. Nirun said he would prepare an incident report and submit it to the government, adding that the report would be aimed at raising awareness of the government regarding politically induced violence. He also said the government should be responsible for casualties resulting from political gatherings.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-04-04 footer_n.gif

Sorry you have called wrong number please hang up and try again and again.....

Sent from my C1904 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wonder if he paid a visit to the guy who was kidnapped by the guards, beaten and thrown in the river? Doubt it.

I wonder if he paid his respect to the parents who lost their children to a bomb attack in Bangkok while just shopping?

BTW somewhat off topic, but the news on various 'PDRC guards are animals' cases seem to have dried up. Strange as the police even had this beaten up red-shirt who could recognise one of the PDRC leaders (no, not Suthep).

• Like 2

Maybe they can also look into the Human rights of people going about their daily business and voting in an election unhindered by blocked roads and voting stations.

If they had done that when they should have done, the country would probably not be in the mess it is in now. As it is, this useless quango only fails the very people it is supposed to help.

Maybe they can also look into the Human rights of people going about their daily business and voting in an election unhindered by blocked roads and voting stations.

If they had done that when they should have done, the country would probably not be in the mess it is in now. As it is, this useless quango only fails the very people it is supposed to help.

Well take you two and throw in Dr. Nirun Pitakwatchara and we will have three blind mice.

The country is deeply divided and two of you think an election will solve the problem.

The other one doesn't know there is a problem.

Just have to keep you three away from a farmers wife who has a carving knife.

Or the Human rights of Monks walking down the street and being attacked by a proven militant organization comprised of red shirts being supported by the police.

In all fairness the lowest estimate of attackers was only 20. I kind of wonder how the monk would have made out if he hadn't been on a cane.

Or the Human rights of Monks walking down the street and being attacked by a proven militant organization comprised of red shirts being supported by the police.

In all fairness the lowest estimate of attackers was only 20. I kind of wonder how the monk would have made out if he hadn't been on a cane.

As was pointed out many times to innocent red shirts who were murdered in 2010, cause and effect. If they were not there, then nothing would have happened.

If you want i can probably dig up posts from your previous alias before you were banned again.................

This situation has been caused by people trying to overthrow a elected Govt, which in any other country they would have been rounded up and dealt with long ago. There are obviously armed persons within the PDRC, albeit less than when the red shirts were there.

I dont know why the Govt does not just do the same as Abhisit and Suthep and order some friendly army regiment to mow down a few, and claim there were armed militia in amongst them! Despite exactly zero army being injured by these armed terrorists...........there must have been so many of them and so well trained.................

• Like 1

mmmmm, PT won't like that much . . . I await their statement dismissing this as being politically motivated and "out to get them" . . .

In fairness, they'd be spot on though wouldn't they?

"BANGKOK, 4 April 2014, The Office of the National Human Rights Commission of Thailand (NHRCT) has urged the government and the National Police Office to quickly find and bring to justice the culprits behind a spate of violent political attacks."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif We all know who has his or her dirty hands in the game...

Be careful what you wish for, or you'll get yourself shot...

Edited by MaxLee

Well take you two and throw in Dr. Nirun Pitakwatchara and we will have three blind mice.

The country is deeply divided and two of you think an election will solve the problem.

The other one doesn't know there is a problem.

Just have to keep you three away from a farmers wife who has a carving knife.

The only person here that is blind would be you. It's a constitutional right for people to be able to vote and have their say. In fact that was one of Suthep's original demands, government steps down and elections are held. Government steps down and he refuses to accept that. Election organized and he refuses to accept that. Not only does he refuse to accept it he violently prevented people from voting. he cares nothing for democracy, as you obviously don't being an anarchist.

mmmmm, PT won't like that much . . . I await their statement dismissing this as being politically motivated and "out to get them" . . .

Depends if they broke any laws or not. If they did nothing wrong, they have nothing to worry about.

It's irrelevant anyway what the Courts decide, at this point they'll just ignore any rulings made and the streets will run red yet again.

Depends if they broke any laws or not. If they did nothing wrong, they have nothing to worry about.

It's irrelevant anyway what the Courts decide, at this point they'll just ignore any rulings made and the streets will run red yet again.

Fair point

You mean the guy found dead in the river with a whistle around his neck with accompanying video from the bridge cctv?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did I miss something? Or are you referring to the UDD guy who was held hostage and dropped off a bridge over Bang Pakong River on Bangna-Trat Road?

As was pointed out many times to innocent red shirts who were murdered in 2010, cause and effect. If they were not there, then nothing would have happened.

If you want i can probably dig up posts from your previous alias before you were banned again.................

This situation has been caused by people trying to overthrow a elected Govt, which in any other country they would have been rounded up and dealt with long ago. There are obviously armed persons within the PDRC, albeit less than when the red shirts were there.

I dont know why the Govt does not just do the same as Abhisit and Suthep and order some friendly army regiment to mow down a few, and claim there were armed militia in amongst them! Despite exactly zero army being injured by these armed terrorists...........there must have been so many of them and so well trained.................

Typical red shirt response threaten people.

Are you trying to say the red shirts were unarmed and did not take over the business district of Bangkok and build barricades around it. Are you trying to say their leaders did not urge the people to burn Bangkok down? Do you have a clue as to what happened in 2010? Are you aware of the grenades launched at civilian travel centers the hospital being invaded. from the tone of all your posts you are not aware of it or you condone it which is it?

In 2010 I backed the red shirts until it became obvious they just wanted to cause trouble. The carrying of arms and pouring blood that could contain the HIV virus where many could catch it was enough to show me they did not want peace. They are the same today they just want to cause trouble until they can get there own way. They use threats, intimidation, guns, grenades and bombs to get there way. What part of the constitution allows that? Use there 1997 constitution if you want. Just answer the question.

• Like 1