Oversea Thai-chinese

hong

Chiangmai Chinatown is the top end of Chang Moi road, by Warorot Market.

What can be find over there? chinese people, chinese shops, chinese goodies..?

What can one find in (any) Chinatown? :o

LaoPo

All of the above :o

cv

That's nice, will make a visit

Don't forget to take your umbrella Hong, the Chinese consider them very lucky, and you will get extra special treatment.

That is to be sure - and keep a fresh fish in your pocket. That way you gain access to some of the more Chinese places. :o

Don't forget to take your umbrella Hong, the Chinese consider them very lucky, and you will get extra special treatment.

That is to be sure - and keep a fresh fish in your pocket. That way you gain access to some of the more Chinese places. :o

I nearly forgot the most important thing Hong, when you visit any "Chinatown" especially in Chiangmai, always wear a green shirt, the brighter the better. The Chinese will recognise you as one that has studied the ancient Chinese cultures, and it will gain you access to their inner sanctum here in Chiangmai.

I nearly forgot the most important thing Hong, when you visit any "Chinatown" especially in Chiangmai, always wear a green shirt, the brighter the better. The Chinese will recognise you as one that has studied the ancient Chinese cultures, and it will gain you access to their inner sanctum here in Chiangmai.

no, the most important thing is to remember your wallet and make sure its full, as you will be pleasing the modern day chinese when you buy their goods! :D

Lot's of cheap plastic crap, crappy clothes. If no-one told you then you wouldn't even know - I have lived in Chiang Mai for almost 4 years and never knew that street was "Chinatown" until the Chinese New Year celebrations last at the start of this year.

EDIT: What does "oversea Thai-Chinese" mean?

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

I was told you have to weare mauve or light purple - but perhaps green works just as well.

I was told you have to weare mauve or light purple - but perhaps green works just as well.

I really think a combination of the the two would work absolute wonders for Hong, and coupled with the umbrella, he is surely guaranteed a special time there. Don't you agree p1p?

I really think a combination of the the two would work absolute wonders for Hong, and coupled with the umbrella, he is surely guaranteed a special time there. Don't you agree p1p?

A pink umbrella would be perfect! :o

A pink umbrella would be perfect! :o

Agree absolutely with both MM & UG.

MM, you forgot the necessity to wear those slippers with bobbles on the toes. Unless, of course, it is raining - when he should tie them and hang around his neck.

Hong - when you go - Please, Please post and tell us when. We need to get photographs for the official guide.

MM, you forgot the necessity to wear those slippers with bobbles on the toes. Unless, of course, it is raining - when he should tie them and hang around his neck.

Hong - when you go - Please, Please post and tell us when. We need to get photographs for the official guide.

I was going to suggest that. We definately need to get some offical photographs for the records. Just let us know when Hong, and we'll organise an official photographer.

haha... look like i'm going to keep a pigtail...wearing red lucky underwear outside, fresh fish as my baton and use snake as a belt too, use a umbrella for parachuting.