Niwatthamrong testifies in NACC to defend Yingluck

webfact

Niwatthamrong testifies in NACC to defend Yingluck

niwat-1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan on Thursday afternoon testified in the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) against accusation that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has neglected duty in stopping corruption in the rice-pledging scheme.

He is the second to testify as a witness among three witnesses permitted to testify among 14 witness requested by Ms Yingluck.

Earlier caretaker Deputy Commerce Minister Yanyong Puangrat testified in the NACC on Wednesday defending the innocence of Ms Yingluck in the rice scheme.

Yanyong defended Yingluck’s rice-pledging scheme saying it has been a policy of the government which it promised with the people during election campaign and therefore could not be scrapped.

He also said the pledging scheme did not destroy marketing mechanism but a benefit to the farmers who have fetched higher price for their rice.

But defense of the scheme by Mr Yanyong was rebuffed by former Democrat MP for Phitsanulok province Warong Dechgitvigrom who said the caretaker minister did not defend what the NACC accused and wanted him to clarify but just a routine procedure which was helpless to defend the caretaker prime minister.

He then said what Mr Yanyong defended would not help but would only send Ms Yingluck to prison faster.

“The prison gate is opening slowly for her to enter,” he said.

He said that all significant points which the NACC wanted clarification from Yingluck and her witnesses were unanswered, adding that what Mr Yanyong testified in the NACC merely showed his poor understanding and knowledge that a man on the top position at a ministry should have expressed.

“I feel very embarrassed on behalf of all the commerce officials to have him as the top boss but knew nothing about his job,” Dr Warong, a rice expert said.

The NACC is to consider whether it will allow to add four more witnesses to the current three to testify as requested by Ms Yingluck or not this afternoon.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/niwatthamrong-testifies-nacc-defend-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-10

• Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that the best the star witness can come up with,ya gotta do better than that Ms Y, maybe you should testify for yourself and save your sorry ar..se and just admit you failed as a chairperson for your flagship policy and as the leader of your party,govt and the people of Thailand. One does not just squander in excess of 400 Billion Baht and say " Who Me"

• Like 2

Well one certainty is the non government groups who have evaluated the rice program and the ministeries involved in it, are in agreement as to the incomptence of those involved, yet the chairperson has managed to stay out of the interview/witness box to date. I can foresee a multiplude og postponements and several bus loads of witnesses before the Pm declares '' I decline to answer the questions, as first I do not know and I do not understand why your picking pn little me''

• Like 2

Wouldn't it seem reasonable to have the evidence of corruption laid out for all to see before anyone is accused of allowing it to happen?

I have heard accusations left, right & centre from Suthep, the Dems & the TV yellow cheer-leading squad of corruption, but as yet no-one has outlined what the corruption actually was.

Several times daily on TV I read ridiculous claims of how all the money from the scheme is being sent directly to Dubai, but I have yet to see a shred of evidence. There was one unsubstantiated claim of bank accounts in Hong Kong, but nothing came of it.

Could any of those who regularly jump up & down about the 'massive corruption in the rice scam' please enlighten me as to the form of this 'scam'?

Thanks in advance.

So, let me get this straight RT: Your proposed defense would then be that no corruption took place, and therefore there was nothing for the PM to ignore?

Well, it's as good a defense I have heard so far. YL's legal team should try that one and see how it goes for her...

This whole press release squeaks Kangaroo ... maybe it is all lost in translation but we will never be privy to the real machinations... the comments about prison door and all that are way over the top.. and certainly should not be uttered prior to a judgement/decision...IMO and far from what I think an independent commission should be releasing to the press...maybe it was meant to incite...who knows...blows my mind what goes on here... lo these many years ...lolol.... I think I have heard it all but more to come I guess. For sure gonna bring out the reds versus yellows here on TV though...I predict.......... uber gloating! YEEHAW!

Your posts start to take a form I used to see with my dear cuddly mutt. You better watch it rolleyes.gif

As for machinations, well, probably more like 'lack of' as in negligent.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it seem reasonable to have the evidence of corruption laid out for all to see before anyone is accused of allowing it to happen?

I have heard accusations left, right & centre from Suthep, the Dems & the TV yellow cheer-leading squad of corruption, but as yet no-one has outlined what the corruption actually was.

Several times daily on TV I read ridiculous claims of how all the money from the scheme is being sent directly to Dubai, but I have yet to see a shred of evidence. There was one unsubstantiated claim of bank accounts in Hong Kong, but nothing came of it.

Could any of those who regularly jump up & down about the 'massive corruption in the rice scam' please enlighten me as to the form of this 'scam'?

Thanks in advance.

Erm.... What planet are you from?

Since when does a prosecution case (investigation) lay out all the evidence before a trial?

Do you see it happen in court cases?... No you don't... you are put on the spot in order to catch you out, not give you all the evidence. That is what being in the dock is all about.

Also she was give a total of over 300 pages of evidence already remember.... or did you forget that?????

• Like 1

This whole press release squeaks Kangaroo ... maybe it is all lost in translation but we will never be privy to the real machinations... the comments about prison door and all that are way over the top.. and certainly should not be uttered prior to a judgement/decision...IMO and far from what I think an independent commission should be releasing to the press...maybe it was meant to incite...who knows...blows my mind what goes on here... lo these many years ...lolol.... I think I have heard it all but more to come I guess. For sure gonna bring out the reds versus yellows here on TV though...I predict.......... uber gloating! YEEHAW!

LOL should not be uttered prior judgment woohaaaaaaaa Mr Dirt farmer what the hell has Ms Y been saying prior judgment Ok for the reds to spout off lies before judgment? Blows my mind as well how the Militant arm of of the current caretaker Govt can spout their agenda on facebook media etc.Why is it always ok for UDD to spout crap the govt to threaten but when someone who is against said regime cannot? Takes two to tango cant have it all your own way Mr Farmer Just because people don't follow Thaksins mantra they don't have a voice?

So Niwatthamrong basically got in the dock and refused to answer any questions related to the evidence before him, and just rambled on about things not relevant to the prosecution?

So why was he called as a witness if he couldn't bring a defense relative to the prosecution evidence?

Seems to me that all YL's witnesses are =nothing more than character witnesses for the scheme and the accused.

This case is doomed for YL.

• Like 1

Great testimony in her defense. Clearly shows how (in)competent these PT Ministers are. Same goes for their legal team.

Please remember that Ms. Yingluck personally and hand-picked her cabinet using knowledge, capabilities and potential as criteria thumbsup.gif

If she did pick them it just goes to prove how crap she is at anything except crying.

• Like 1

Thanks in advance.

Since when does a prosecution case (investigation) lay out all the evidence before a trial?

Do you see it happen in court cases?... No you don't... you are put on the spot in order to catch you out, not give you all the evidence. That is what being in the dock is all about.

Also she was give a total of over 300 pages of evidence already remember.... or did you forget that?????

She hasn't been charged with corruption. She has been charged with negligence & dereliction of duty. As they are the Anti-Corruption Commission they should be ensuring that the corruption is stamped out immediately, before going after the PM. Once they have done their primary job, i.e. to stop the corruption then they can deal with such issues. Reality is though, eliminating corruption isn't their agenda.

There is no issue with the scheme as an election promise even it was a poorly thought out vote buyer. The issue is with the PM/Chairwoman's negligence in allowing the ensuing corruption to take place.

• Like 1

Thanks in advance.

She hasn't been charged with corruption. She has been charged with negligence & dereliction of duty. As they are the Anti-Corruption Commission they should be ensuring that the corruption is stamped out immediately, before going after the PM. Once they have done their primary job, i.e. to stop the corruption then they can deal with such issues. Reality is though, eliminating corruption isn't their agenda.

Stamp out corruption? I thought there was no corruption in the 'rice price pledging scheme'? Or maybe just a wee little bit only because it was a hugely successful scheme?

Anyway, someone asked the NACC to look into the negligence part and they did. That's what the NACC does. Already for many years even.

"The NAP later filed impeachment proceedings with the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) against Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai and the Minister of Finance Tarrin Nimmanahaeminda for violation of the Constitution.[5] The NAP argued that the letter of intent that the government signed with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to secure emergency financial support was a treaties, and that Article 224 of the Constitution stipulated that the government must receive prior consent from Parliament to enter a treaty.

The NACC determined the issue concerned a constitutional interpretation and petitioned the Constitutional Court for an opinion. The Court ruled the IMF letters were not treaties, as internationally defined, because they were unilateral documents from the Thai government with no rules for enforcement or provisions for penalty. Moreover, the IMF itself had worded the letters in a way that stated that the letters were not contractual agreements."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_Court_of_Thailand#Treaty_status_of_IMF_letters_of_intent

LOL should not be uttered prior judgment woohaaaaaaaa Mr Dirt farmer what the hell has Ms Y been saying prior judgment Ok for the reds to spout off lies before judgment? Blows my mind as well how the Militant arm of of the current caretaker Govt can spout their agenda on facebook media etc.Why is it always ok for UDD to spout crap the govt to threaten but when someone who is against said regime cannot? Takes two to tango cant have it all your own way Mr Farmer Just because people don't follow Thaksins mantra they don't have a voice?

Oh believe me there Mr dinooz..none of this is my way...or your way...but it is not the dems saying this... it is supposedly an independent commission...someone who is going to make a major decision soon... so your attempt to equate this to a red PTP vs Suthep and or Dems thing... kinda loses it's traction... There was no mention by any UDD REDS in this article as far as I can see...just a rice expert... the NACC guy and the witness...in case you missed it..and also this picture is of Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan...but the entire article cites testimony from yesterdays witness.......sol the whole press release is a bit daffy...and I still believe an independent agency should cap it till after a decision, is announced.. then give their reasoning behind it...but hey This is Thailand ..

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

Oh believe me there Mr dinooz..none of this is my way...or your way...but it is not the dems saying this... it is supposedly an independent commission...someone who is going to make a major decision soon... so your attempt to equate this to a red PTP vs Suthep and or Dems thing... kinda loses it's traction... There was no mention by any UDD REDS in this article as far as I can see...just a rice expert... the NACC guy and the witness...in case you missed it..and also this picture is of Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan...but the entire article cites testimony from yesterdays witness.......sol the whole press release is a bit daffy...and I still believe an independent agency should cap it till after a decision, is announced.. then give their reasoning behind it...but hey This is Thailand ..

and I still believe the accused should cap too

• Like 2

Your posts start to take a form I used to see with my dear cuddly mutt. You better watch it rolleyes.gif

As for machinations, well, probably more like 'lack of' as in negligent.

?

• Like 1

Yanyong defended Yingluck’s rice-pledging scheme saying it has been a policy of the government which it promised with the people during election campaign and therefore could not be scrapped.

He also said the pledging scheme did not destroy marketing mechanism but a benefit to the farmers who have fetched higher price for their rice.

They promised to PAY the farmers, didn't have any problem scrapping that part. "The farmers who have fetched a higher price for their rice" The farmers in Issan perhaps, the rest have nothing.

adding that what Mr Yanyong testified in the NACC merely showed his poor understanding and knowledge that a man on the top position at a ministry should have expressed.

Shouldn't be too hard on the guy, how could anyone defend this mess. Showed poor understanding and knowledge for a person at the top position should have. Sounds like an indictment against Yingluck doesn't it.