Former police volunteer tests positive for drugs, case goes to Phuket public prosecutor

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was denied bail because he is a flight risk. Unlike Thai offenders, he has a haven to run to. The prospect of a lengthy stay in a Thai prison as a farang would give him great incentive to run.

It's not hard to run without a passport, or even to buy one, from Phuket. That British murderer proved this.

This character won't get much sympathy from many of the tourists or local expats he has shaken down over the years.

You're kidding right...as if Thai have no place to run:

Where is the Criminal Monk?

Where is the Red Bull heir who killed the cop?

Where is the couple that tortured the burmese girl by pouring boiling water over her?

You want me to continue on with the list?

Hiding inside Thailand where they can be found eventually when they do something stupid.

Only the super rich Thais can hide elsewhere in the world, but Thai law treats them differently anyway.

Just about any middle class thai family could support a relative on the run in cambo, laos, burma, vietnam, indo.

He was denied bail because he is a flight risk. Unlike Thai offenders, he has a haven to run to. The prospect of a lengthy stay in a Thai prison as a farang would give him great incentive to run.

It's not hard to run without a passport, or even to buy one, from Phuket. That British murderer proved this.

This character won't get much sympathy from many of the tourists or local expats he has shaken down over the years.

But the man from Dubai wasn't a flight risk? How about the red bull kid? Really there is more to this.
  • Like 1

But the man from Dubai wasn't a flight risk? How about the red bull kid? Really there is more to this.

Why don't you read all the posts before you jump in?

Where is the couple that tortured the burmese girl by pouring boiling water over her?

Hiding inside Thailand where they can be found eventually when they do something stupid.

Only the super rich Thais can hide elsewhere in the world, but Thai law treats them differently anyway.

Just about any middle class thai family could support a relative on the run in cambo, laos, burma, vietnam, indo.

And one day the kid would pop up in his village for a festival, or songkran, or a family wedding or funeral, or just because he thinks everyone has forgotten about him.

Then, if the local copper is on the ball, he will be grabbed.

If this is the man I think it is, I met him once at Chalong Police station while I was filing a complaint. He is a New Zealander, a very pleasant and helpful fellow who spoke fluent Thai and knew the ropes alright. I imagine there is more to Nip's posting above than to any of the others here.

read the other threads and you will see a lot of people knew him before this shit.

he will get some time and deserved for what he has done, but l bet it will not be what many are predicting.

he was an outstanding bloke that did some very stupid things in the later years.

he is paying for it now in more ways than one, and so is his family.

I am always impressed with the extent of convincing, factual, anecdotal evidence that immediately comes forward through local expats in Patts and "Puke"when one of their local "mates" get rammed with the big fat Brownshirt bone.

Just lead me one o' them to-good-to-pass-up villa deals down there wouldja ;-?

I need to hang out with "blokes" like these and learn the wisdom of their ways.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

I am always impressed with the extent of convincing, factual, anecdotal evidence that immediately comes forward through local expats in Patts and "Puke"when one of their local "mates" get rammed with the big fat Brownshirt bone.

Feel better ?

This bloke must have seriously pissed some people off. Still can't understand how it takes 4 months to process his drug test though, unless I am misreading ?

Indeed. Halpin has unquestionably pissed off the Royal Thai Police Farce in Phuket and was not allowed back on the streets because liberated he can blow the corrupt Phuket police and lawyers playhouse down. Garry Halpin has all the inside knowledge not just to expose the rampant corruption in Chalong police station but within the entire legal system on the island. What is going on in Phuket must be exposed but I doubt Halpin will get a chance.

I am absolutely sure you are correct. It is hard to get justice when crimes are committed by police around the world as the blue/brown

line closes ranks. One can only hope he serves the maximum sentence for committing his offence (if guilty) as he was in a position

of trust. (Much the same as police want criminals who assault police to receive) After serving his sentence I wish him the best of luck

in writing an expose on the police/justice system he was involved in while he was a police volunteer on the island. It will make a great read.

Why doesn't so,some visit him and record what he has to say then se if the western media are imterested in reporting on it?

Feel better ?

Thing of it IS eezergood, I think you know *exactly* where I'm comin' from.

• Like 1

Yes, the Red Bull heir has proved to be very elusive for police. laugh.png

Yes, the Red Bull heir has proved to be very elusive for police. laugh.png

Ferraris are fast you know!

Feel better ?

Thing of it IS eezergood, I think you know *exactly* where I'm comin' from.

pure heresay sir! :)

Very tall guy.

How sad to see addicts get caught and charged with dealing. Addicts should get help, not 25 years in a Thai jail.

Who & where does it say addict? If I took a urine sample now, no doubt, traces of alcohol would be found, due to the 2 beers 1 consumed last nght. I am harldy an alcoholic though......

but junkies dont need 25 yrs in gaol

I've worked with a drug and alcohol treatment centre here for over a decade, I have met thousands of addicts and alcoholics. This guy is an addict IMHO.

This drug is very addictive and much different from alcohol.

Very tall guy.

How sad to see addicts get caught and charged with dealing. Addicts should get help, not 25 years in a Thai jail.

Who & where does it say addict? If I took a urine sample now, no doubt, traces of alcohol would be found, due to the 2 beers 1 consumed last nght. I am harldy an alcoholic though......

but junkies dont need 25 yrs in gaol

I've worked with a drug and alcohol treatment centre here for over a decade, I have met thousands of addicts and alcoholics. This guy is an addict IMHO.

I am sure he was not coerced

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Might be correct, the problem might be that he was potentially selling drugs to feed his own habit. I think he deserves all that looks like coming his way. Good ridence to bad rubbish.

Halpin was an addict by choice. Greed and gluttony got the better of him. His covert activities provided him a slush fund and a jaded pallet. He benefited on the misfortune even stupidity of others and did so without care, consideration or remorse. He leaves behind two lovely kids and a wife who did not deserve him. Halpin never did anything without expecting a return on his investment. He is where he belongs.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 9.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Halpin was an addict by choice. Greed and gluttony got the better of him. His covert activities provided him a slush fund and a jaded pallet. He benefited on the misfortune even stupidity of others and did so without care, consideration or remorse. He leaves behind two lovely kids and a wife who did not deserve him. Halpin never did anything without expecting a return on his investment. He is where he belongs.

What about all the "Halpin's" on Phuket that are Thai and wearing brown uniforms that are addicted to money and continue to do the same as Halpin, day in, day out?

Why do they get a free pass?

Oh, that's right, they are Thai, and so called, "real police."

• Like 2

What about all the "Halpin's" on Phuket that are Thai and wearing brown uniforms that are addicted to money and continue to do the same as Halpin, day in, day out?

Yeah, whats your point? Hardly a revelation!

Yeah, whats your point? Hardly a revelation!

Point is, Halpin is just a small fish in a big ocean of corruption on Phuket, and many posters seem to think he is the "catch of the day."

He only got done because he is a farang.

• Like 2

This is most interesting. After previously being informed by the press that Halpin was banged up in Phuket Provincial Prison... Seems he is still in a holding cell in Chalong police station? Curiouser and Curiouser !!! As per Phuket News? Today...

http://www.thephuketnews.com/arrested-tourist-police-volunteer-halpin-still-awaiting-court-date-for-ya-ice-45734.php

Capt Jamrun explained that “Right now he is still in the cells in Chalong no one has tried to bail him out yet. [bail] would be many hundred of thousands of baht. Is he going to bail himself out? I don’t think so.”

Edited by Nip