TAT plans to attract tourists from neighboring countries

webfact

TAT plans to attract tourists from neighboring countries

PNECO570421001000901_21042014_043214.jpg

BANGKOK, 21 April 2014 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has plans to invest 124 million baht in strategic planning to attract foreign tourists from the ASEAN region. The plan is expected to generate over 1.3 billion baht in revenue.

In 2015, the TAT plans to come up with marketing strategies in order to attract foreign visitors from Thailand’s neighboring countries, as they are a group considered to have high spending potential and could possibly increase tourism revenue up to about 1.31 billion baht.

Meanwhile, the TAT has also allocated a budget on marketing campaigns to attract tourists within each country. They plan to spend 16.6 million baht in Indonesia, hoping to generate 155 million baht in return, and 30 million baht in Malaysia with expectations to receive 415 million baht in return.

As for Singapore, the TAT plans to spend 44 million baht, aiming to get 457 million baht back, and 34 million baht in Vietnam with the hopes to generate 279 million baht in return.

High-potential spenders are willing to pay roughly around 5,900 baht per night at hotels, while usual tourists would pay around 1,700 baht per night. Overall spending for hotel rooms per trip around 25,000 baht for high spenders compared to around 6,300 baht for regular tourists.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-21 footer_n.gif

Malaysia is already the biggest provider of tourists to Thailand, I believe, albeit mainly border hoppers near Hay Yai, but they all count. Other neighbours, big spenders? I make that Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, though they seem to have gone beyond the borders to incorporate Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore.

What they haven't said is what the current budget is as marketing campaigns in these countries are not new.

A spend by TAT of 10% of the "expected" tourist revenue seems a tad high in these countries...especially if the tourist revenue does not happen.

It would seem better used for Australia, China, India or European countries, unless that's maxed out.

Then again, I'm no tourism expert, and I'm sure others know better than I do about regional market potential.

Give it a rest TAT you are really making yourselves look like complete tits.

You come up with all these stupid little pet projects so you can embezzle the budget for yourselves.... do we look as stupid as you lot???

If anyone needs a full accounting audit, it is this bunch of muppets.

TiT.....there won't be any news without TAT. They are always in the news at least once a week.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh, I sure want to see all those "high-flinging" tourists from Vietnam and Indonesia flocking to Thailand and not blinking an eye spending almost US$200 per night when they could get a perfectly adequate hotel in an excellent location in their own countries' beautiful holiday spots for less than half that - and without getting annoyed by much over-rated "Thainess".

Can't wait to see that!

• Like 1

Is it TAT are aware now that Westerners know exactly what the score is here, so we now are surplus to requirements, they wish to start to rob the Asians that are GREEN. Otherwise why not lower fares from Europe with the national airline for starters.

I speak rob, because indirectly because of inaction they are not getting rid of the scams. Most Chinese are not yet exposed to them so much. Most seem to be on group tours, sooner or later they will be on.....GROPE tours.

To get, to receive, to take in, to lure, to collect. These are the actions Thais know and think about with regard to tourists. They never think about establishing value, quality and service. Only to get, receive, take, collect and lure. Read the Thai newspapers , you'll easily see the way they think and act about tourists.

• Like 1

Oh, I sure want to see all those "high-flinging" tourists from Vietnam and Indonesia flocking to Thailand and not blinking an eye spending almost US$200 per night when they could get a perfectly adequate hotel in an excellent location in their own countries' beautiful holiday spots for less than half that - and without getting annoyed by much over-rated "Thainess".

Can't wait to see that!

Or ripped off by Taxi drivers, Tuk Tuk drivers, Jet Ski operators and any other scam that Thailand can think of. sad.png

Clean up Thailand and they wont need to spend money on attracting tourists, they will come without it.

With the current sleaze reputation it has decent people and families think twice about coming. To allow such a reputation to continue is an insult to the majority of Thai people who are decent people.

So please TAT get the house in order and the rest will take care of itself