Fatal Bangkok crash: Teenager sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for reckless driving

webfact

I think the mental anguish this young lady will carry with her for the rest of her life. Is sufficient punishment. Past is past. No reason to destroy her life, even more than it is. Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

you have a very strange under standing of life,may be your upbringing?.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And some still seem to think the Thai courts arnt corrupt to the core ? ............ Pathetic

There are some Thai apologist, who always have and always will think that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

Buddhist culture?! Thailand?! You're 'avin' a laugh, aren't ya?

And do us a favour. Leave off with the sanctimonious Confucious BS.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

When I first read the headline I thought "At last some justice in Thailand; 2-year-prison" but after reading the OP I was as disgusted as ever with this countries judicial system: "4-year-probation and 48 hours/year charity work" that will probably amount to 8 minutes a day outside 7-11 picking up trash and putting it in the bin.

And what happens to the parents who let her drive the car. Do they get off scot-free? The judges too should be investigated for being so lenient. Were they paid off?

But seriously, she probably was hacked off about the restriction of not being able to drive until age 25. Now that's a real killer!

Hahaha….funny. As if she'll take any notice of that ruling.

Just as she and her parents took any notice of 18 being the minimum age to drive here. She'll be back on the road as soon as daddy buys her a new car.

Edited by Keesters

Out of curiosity, what would be the punishment for 16 year old say in US or AU or UK?

Actually not much difference than this....

Below is link to case where drunk 16 year kills 4 in TX ... 10 years probation , no jail... Just 2 years Therapy

And this is worse in my opinion, as this kid was drunk driving...

Quote:

Juvenile court judge Jean Boyd accepted the defense's argument that Couch was too rich and privileged to understand the consequences of his actions, a condition that psychologist Dick Miller termed "affluenza."

A teen who met Couch said he lived alone in a Texas mansion bought for him by his father and bragged that he could do whatever he wanted.

When police breathalyzed him after the fatal accident, he blew .24, or three times the legal limit for adults.

http://m.policymic.com/articles/76779/this-kid-killed-4-people-in-a-drunk-driving-crash-here-s-how-he-dodged-20-years-in-prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, cop killer...sorry - ALLEGED cop killer, heir of the RedBull family still walks free... Just saying...money talks - bovine psychology walks.

Now now let's be fair he has the sniffles and his Singapore based doctor says he can't travel back to Thailand even tho he wants to. He was really brave to get out of bed and travel to Australia for the grand prix. Apparently when he recovers in 30 yrs he will return to face his actions.

If any one, ever, ask again, why so many road fatalities in Thailand, please point them to this article

and the court rulings, and as long as such disgusting covering up and apathy to the road carnage continue,

the number of dead will only continue to be the same, life is cheap here in the land of smiles...

well at least she didn't do a runner like others before her, why? maybe she

knew the out come in advance?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OK, and now it happens to YOUR daughter (God forbid)...

If you as a parent can buy your way out.... you will (I will)...

And YOU would allow your 16-year-old daughter drive a car.

No, I wouldn't but suppose she just took the car, I would buy my (her) way out, just like you...

"She appealed the sentence."

What an unpleasant little..................

And why not? she's on a winning roll here, one more throw of the dice and maybe she

can claim compensation for broken finger nails...

• Like 1

Just as she and her parents took any notice of 18 being the minimum age to drive here. She'll be back on the road as soon as daddy buys her a new car.

Why would Daddy buy her a new car ?

Or do you mean she will be back on the road as soon as Daddy buys her friend a new car ?

<

I think the mental anguish this young lady will carry with her for the rest of her life. Is sufficient punishment. Past is past. No reason to destroy her life, even more than it is. Western ideology does not fit in a Buddhist culture and it shouldn't fit in either. I understand restitution and revenge, when you go looking for revenge dig two graves, ........it was a tragic accident leave it at that.......

You tried this line on another thread recently didn't you?

If she had any 'mental anguish' she would not appeal the sentence.

I think you are so far away from reality that you have no ability to comprehend what is going on here. Perhaps if one or more of those great looking boys that are so affectionately clinging to Dad in your avtar were to be torn apart and squashed beyond recognition by a teenage driver who may or may not be under the influence also, you may not be so inclined to greet the driver with a warm hug and say, 'don't worry the past is in the past, I don't mind!' You think you are being clever, when you are in fact being something far from it, but you are not worth a 3 day holiday for the temporary satisfaction of saying it. By the way, jailing her would not ruin her life, it would prolong it. If I were the Father of one of those she killed the two years she spent in jail would be the only two she would be safe.

The prison term was, however, probated for three years, plus three year behavior control, 48 hours of working to caring road accident patients, and report authorities every three months. She appealed the sentence.

Perfect! That gives any responsible judge, the opportunity to see she has zero remorse and give her proper jail time for 5 years. Perhaps the Thai's need to start a Government 'petition' site as we have in many countries now, and then The Coven that Heavy Drinkers wife belongs to and the Coven my wife belongs to would make the first 26 signatures to have this girl behind bars for a long time.

I have to report to the authorities every 3 months and i did'nt even kill anybody. sad.png

Brilliant, on of the best posts for a long time,cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, what would be the punishment for 16 year old say in US or AU or UK?

Nine counts of vehicular homicide driving without a license & driving an illegally registered vehicle definitely prison time!

Her family would be sued into poverty!

OK, and now it happens to YOUR daughter (God forbid)...

If you as a parent can buy your way out.... you will (I will)...

And YOU would allow your 16-year-old daughter drive a car.

No, I wouldn't but suppose she just took the car, I would buy my (her) way out, just like you...
Not like me at all. I don't have a daughter and taught my sons to respect the law and not take other peoples property without permission. Plus my car keys were not just left lying around just as I wouldn't leave a gun lying around if I ever owned one which I wouldn't.

Please do not see everybody else as you see yourself. We are all different with different values and ways of raising our children.

Sent from my ZTE V765M using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Keesters

Why would Daddy buy her a new car ?

Or do you mean she will be back on the road as soon as Daddy buys her friend a new car ?

Either way it's the same. She'll be back on the road before her ban finishes. Thai people are not well known for learning from their mistakes. Even admitting to a mistake is a rarity.

Sent from my ZTE V765M using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Her birth certificate went missing soon after this accident.

ID she held in the US turned up indicating she was 19 years old at the time of the accident. (Which would have meant prison time).

So go figure.

Why couldn't they check her passport or ID card for age, why would they need her birth certificate ?