New Fitness Gym in Hua Hin

Hy everyboody

I want to let you knwo, that there is a new Gym in Hua Hin.

It is a fully air conditioned, fully equiped Fitness Center, with a wide range of machines, cardio gear and

free weights. There is also a personal Trainer, a massage&spa and a physiotherapists Office.

Check out the Website for further Information:

lotusgym-huahin.com

THB 2,000 a month or THB 15,000 per year.....you must be kidding especially if the opening hours are only 9am-7pm, no use whatsoever for those working. I pay THB 4,300 per year , three pools, sauna, steam room, massive selection of fixed and free weights pluse C.V equiptment, squash, tennis and badminton courts, 5 snooker tables 6am-10pm...no competition. What HH and Cha am need is a decent gym at an affordable rate of THB 800 a month, not another expensive place like this.

• Like 1

THB 2,000 a month or THB 15,000 per year.....you must be kidding especially if the opening hours are only 9am-7pm, no use whatsoever for those working. I pay THB 4,300 per year , three pools, sauna, steam room, massive selection of fixed and free weights pluse C.V equiptment, squash, tennis and badminton courts, 5 snooker tables 6am-10pm...no competition. What HH and Cha am need is a decent gym at an affordable rate of THB 800 a month, not another expensive place like this.

where do you work out if I may ask? Tony's? I did not think they had squash?

where do you work out if I may ask? Tony's? I did not think they had squash?

Ammbassadoor....Tonys is a joke, had a 3 month membership a few years back and was probably the worst gym have ever been a member of. We all know equiptment is expensive but I just dont understand the ridiculous prices people try and charge for membership. There a few here in Pattaya similar to the OPs but in my opinion, for such a small gym should be 500 a month at most. Hua Hin, really needs someone to set up a good value gym. Land space required isnt much and after equiptment there really isnt any ongoing costs/outlay.

The problem doing business in hua hin is the permanent expat pop is only around 4000 so to make a profit they have to charge more.with 3 or 4 gyms already here and working on about 5% will join up thats about 200 potential customers divided by 4..pretty hard to stay open if they charge 500bht a month!!

The problem doing business in hua hin is the permanent expat pop is only around 4000 so to make a profit they have to charge more.with 3 or 4 gyms already here and working on about 5% will join up thats about 200 potential customers divided by 4..pretty hard to stay open if they charge 500bht a month!!

Exactly, no market research carried out so another failure waiting to happen It's the same in Patters, 3 or 4 have opened and are rubbish and try charging 2,500 a month.

The website shows 2023 as the date at the bottom .. maybe those prices are 2023 prices taking into account rising inflation!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why not advertise in Thai as well then. Huge market potential!

Why not advertise in Thai as well then. Huge market potential!

That's what's needed but so many would have the Thai price but still charge unrealistic amounts for Foreigners. It's a known fact that people will join if the fee is low and a large percentage never bother going after a few times.

Its also a commitment problem for people as well..price is not always important.people are probably bored wth the same old work outs.

The gym on soi 102 powerfit is at least trying a different approach with its functional training..using tyres and ropes,wheelbarrows sledge hammers ,makes it a bit more interesting and fun

Its also a commitment problem for people as well..price is not always important.people are probably bored wth the same old work outs.

The gym on soi 102 powerfit is at least trying a different approach with its functional training..using tyres and ropes,wheelbarrows sledge hammers ,makes it a bit more interesting and fun

I think their fees are similar though. Ive been working out for over 20 years in many parts of the world and have never known a place like Thailand where fees are expensive in comparison to evrything else. I looked into a project 7 years ago but didnt proceed however will be in 2 years time. Luckily I own the land so a building and good equiptment of fixed and free weights with ample CV also will only be in the region of 1.5 million....and that will be on a par with whats at larger gyms, not these small shophouse ones. No need to charge more than 6K a year and monthly/weekly rates at comparale prices. With the amount of yearly members plus montlys and then visitors on holiday its only 5-6 years to get a return. I think a lot of these sets up have high rents to contend with and pass that on to the customer which then becomes their downfall