Investigation finds senior Immigration Police officers linked to visa scam

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But even though they have committed crimes, they do not get fired or spend any time behind bars, but mearly transferred to "head office"
"

Police and justice have opposite meanings here. These two are only the thin end of the wedge, but it's good to hear that someone is actually investigating. Now all they have to do is the same with every other office.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

This is how you fight corruption.

Your comment may be sarcasm, but if PCAd were really trying to stamp out corruption, they would be all over this story like a rash, The monk and his rent-a-mob would be besieiging immigration poloce HQ demanding these offenders be be thrown in gaol, but they are conspicuouis by their silence. We can discern two points from this: the first is that PCAD is not about stamping out corruption; and secondly, corrupt officials will rarely be prosecuted for their crimes. Corruption is endemic in Thailand. It has been for hundreds of years and will continue to be for many years to come irrespective of which political party, dictator or junta is in power.

Well done - first to introduce irrelevant off-topic crap to the thread.

Surely these two are prime candidates for future PTP ministers.

Chinese solution: A bullet in the back of the head, or is it the neck. Anyway, it's quick.

But there is a problem in Thailand. If prior to the execution we said: "Those without guilt may fire the first shot".

... silence

• Like 1

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

They have showed such potential, they've been promoted to the big league.

A transfer to HQ does not necessarely mean that will be all.

Transfer to HQ is just the first step...............

I do hope you are right, however, in my eight years in Thailand I have read and heard numerous stories about officials having been caught red-handed and then transferred to an inactive post...I just can't seem to remember any follow-up info on those cases (officer reinstated, case dismissed, officer fired, trial), maybe it's just my bad memory, but I have a nagging suspicion that these transfers are done so that everyone forgets...and then business as usual...

• Like 1

Investigate + find guilty = transfer,

In a civilized county (which omits Thailand), it would be...

Investigate + find guilty + suspension + prosecution + conviction = Fired, Fined, Jailed.

Don't be so hard on Thailand. In the US and no doubt most other "civilized" countries top government officials regularly commit crimes far, far, far worse and nothing happens to them.

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

I do hope you are right, however, in my eight years in Thailand I have read and heard numerous stories about officials having been caught red-handed and then transferred to an inactive post...I just can't seem to remember any follow-up info on those cases (officer reinstated, case dismissed, officer fired, trial), maybe it's just my bad memory, but I have a nagging suspicion that these transfers are done so that everyone forgets...and then business as usual...

The "inactive post" is a very coveted position here.....only the really worthy end up there.......though it is now very crowded with fierce competition to get on board

Transfered to HQ.

Joke of a country.

smile.png

A transfer to HQ for these guys is very bad, it is like life without parole.

Why?

Because they used to make millions but they will make 0 baht in the future. They will have survive on the cop salary which maybe 30-40 K baht / month for a senior officer.

You can pretty well bet -- any farang customers of the bogus retirement visas shop who end up getting caught in the wake of this will face far more serious punishment and consequences than these two police guys are likely to face even after their transfer to police HQ.

Just don't hold your breath waiting to read a follow-up news article reporting that these two have had criminal charges filed against them for corruption, accepting bribes, or anything related.

Based on past history, they'll probably be forced to sit on the sidelines for a period of time before ultimately being transferred to some other posts elsewhere, where presumably they'll do a better job at keeping their superiors' coffers fully stocked.

Maybe put Westerners in charge of everything in this country in order for it to progress out of the jungle and into the World.

Don't you mean out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Another valuable service muted by the inconsiderate immigration bureau upholding their draconian visa rules.

National security my ar-se..... What improvement to security when the foreigner is already inside the country?

If immigration eventually moves into the 21st century, they might realize they are missing out on an earner.

I am told that there are at least 100,000 foreigners living year round in Isaan alone ; which if you calculate on BT40,000 a month that comes to 40 million baht a month .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But even though they have committed crimes, they do not get fired or spend any time behind bars, but mearly transferred to "head office"
"

Hopefully they won't go to the Courts and get reinstated.

"

Which means out of the loop where kick backs travel upstream to the bigger fish.

Like being sent to Siberia, but there are still lots of people,

and the all laugh behind their hands and stare as you go down the halls.

i hear the same happens in ********* ?

The visa comp ###### lents you money ,it's only 1 day on your account (instead of 3 months) and it will be approved by immigration ,

costs 20 000 to 30 000 bht .

Could be a lie or real?

What do you think?

i hear the same happens in ********* ?

The visa comp ###### lents you money ,it's only 1 day on your account (instead of 3 months) and it will be approved by immigration ,

costs 20 000 to 30 000 bht .

Could be a lie or real?

What do you think?

I think that is about right but I think the fee is a bit lower.I do not really know I have just heard about it,
  • Like 1

If this was any other country they would be suspended from service, charged with the crime, and awaiting trial.

Leading by example is what Thailand must do and yet they don't. No wonder their is no respect for the system that

seemingly encourages their citizens to behave in a lawless fashion.

Saints preserve, Thailand lead who by example is what they need to do?

Over their yonder, or over there?

Just had to put my 5 baht worth in too.

Countless companies offer these types of visas, this is nothing new. All of them have immigration officials who take care fo them. The ONLY reason these guys got caught is because a hater who was pushed out of the ring outed them, or they didn't pay enough money to those above them. Everyone is getting paid on this on down the line. Nothing new, been going on for as long as they have been making foreigners get visas.

Nothing will come of this, as does any other news that is posted here. That is both the beauty and the curse of Thailand.

• Like 2

Why am I not surprised ... I actually know of someone who gets his extension based on retirement (money in the bank) extended each year for about 20,000Baht ... he doesn't have the 800,000 Baht ... says it cheaper than a flight back to the UK! I don't think that I will see much change in this area in the not-too immediate future!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, many things are possible in **** ****, He's not the only 'special case'.

"

Which means out of the loop where kick backs travel upstream to the bigger fish.

Like being sent to Siberia, but there are still lots of people,

and the all laugh behind their hands and stare as you go down the halls.

or laughing all the way to the bank, rolling over and over purging the country of all sinners until the surplus population of farang insurgents is decreased, groundhog day starts all over and we're back in Siam. Or still in Saigon or something.

What happens to those with a visa obtained from said company - nothing. This is why foreigners will continue to use these services. So many corrupt farang here tempting these officers.

How true. Corruption needs demand in order to exist. An interesting point that asks the question who is the bigger crook in this story.

• Like 1