The other nine ministers affected - Constitutional Court ruling who must step down

The other nine affected
THE NATION

The Constitutional Court ruled that Yingluck Shinawatra and Cabinet members who approved Thawil Pliensri's transfer must step down

Caretaker deputy PM and foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul

As then-deputy prime minister

A former Democrat Party MP for Chiang Mai and candidate in two general elections, Surapong switched to join the Thaksin-led camp after the 2006 military coup and became a member of two now-disbanded parties. He is now a party-list MP of Pheu Thai and a deputy party leader. Surapong, 61, remains a member of the Pheu Thai-led government's anti-protest operation Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO), despite his being ousted from the Cabinet.

Caretaker deputy PM and finance minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong

Serving previously as commerce minister and concurrently as a deputy PM from July 2011 to January 2012, Kittiratt, 55, was also made deputy Pheu Thai leader in October 2012. He is known for his "White Lies" statements, which led to a no-confidence debate about Yingluck Shinawatra.

Caretaker deputy PM Plodprasop Suraswadi

As then-science minister

A flamboyant figure, Plodprasop, 69, was a civil servant in the fishery and forestry departments. He held political positions as deputy minister at several ministries, before joining Pheu Thai Party and being made science minister in July 2011. He was given responsibility as general manager of the overall water and flood-prevention operations, and was appointed a deputy PM in October 2012.

Caretaker PM's Office minister

Santi Prompat

As then-social development and human security minister

A property developer, Santi, 62, entered politics in 1995, joining the New Aspiration Party and being elected a Phetchabun MP twice. He later joined the Thai Rak Thai in 2005, and became transport minister in 2007 under the People Power Party banner. He held the portfolio of social development and human security in Yingluck government.

Caretaker Deputy PM

Pracha Promnog

A career policeman and former National Police chief, Pracha entered politics after retiring as appointed senator in 1997, and was later a party-list MP for Chat Pattana Party. He then switched to the Pheu Pandin Party, which he left in 2011 to join Pheu Thai and was made finance minister.

Caretaker labour minister Chalerm Yoobamrung

A veteran politician and former leader of the now-defunct Muan Chon party, Chalerm is known for his hardline stance and harsh words against opponents. He joined the now-defunct People Power Party, which was associated with Thaksin Shinwatra, after the September 19, 2006 coup. He held several important Cabinet posts during his tenure associated with Thaksin.

Caretaker information and communications technology minister Anudith Nakornthap

A fighter pilot by career, he entered politics in 2005 as secretary to defence minister, and to then-agriculture minister Sudarat Keyuraphan in 2005-2006. He was later elected a Bangkok MP under Pheu Thai in 2011, since which time he had been ICT minister.

Deputy defence minister

YutHasak Sasiprapha

Yuthasak was a Defence Ministry permanent secretary in 1998, and later joined Thai Rak Thai, for whom he was made defence minister in 2011, and concurrently a deputy PM the next year. He was made deputy to Yingluck at Defence Ministry.

Deputy agriculture minister

Siriwat Kachornprasart

As then-deputy commerce minister

Son of late Chart Thai Pattana Party chief adviser Sanan Kachornprasart, Siriwat was first elected as Democrat MP for Phichit at the age of 28 in 2001, before he switched to Mahachon Party, for whom he was not elected as MP. He later joined Chat Thai Party, and then Chat Thai Pattana after Chat Thai was disbanded. He was deputy commerce minister in 2011, then became deputy agriculture minister the next year.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-08

One thing I haven't seen yet is if there were any "penalties" for those removed from office . . . do Yingluck and the other 9 get banned, jailed, fined or have any other penalty imposed? . . . or can they run again in the next election?

• Like 1

surely they should have been removed yesterday along with YL making any duties they performed yesterday void

Tell you what the CC didn't miss - all right in the Bulls Eye

Now the Senate needs to install a new CT PM as soon as possible

One thing I haven't seen yet is if there were any "penalties" for those removed from office . . . do Yingluck and the other 9 get banned, jailed, fined or have any other penalty imposed? . . . or can they run again in the next election?

you're kidding right ?

• Like 2

I would like to know the answer to this question also,seems strange that she gets booted from the CTPM position but retains her Defence minister position.Surapong and Charlem still head up CAPO,maybe the CC still has to issue the penalties I really don't know.

or can they run again in the next election?

No she is not banned and can run again, well, up until next week when the NACC drops the bomb on her. Then she will be banned for 5 years.

I would like to know the answer to this question also,seems strange that she gets booted from the CTPM position but retains her Defence minister position.Surapong and Charlem still head up CAPO,maybe the CC still has to issue the penalties I really don't know.

They are gone all of them from any kind of office, they just can't grasp the concept - you know when you remove a piece of chewing gum without wetting your fingers.....................

No she is not banned and can run again, well, up until next week when the NACC drops the bomb on her. Then she will be banned for 5 years.

and once reforms take place that ban will be extended to a life ban for all those convicted in the courts unable to run for office ever - that would be a big step in cleansing this country of unhindered corruption - wash cycle complete we are in the rinse cycle now - spin cycle yet to come

My understanding is that Snow White and the nine dwarves have nothing further to do with the Thai government.

The caretaker government now consists of those who were members yesterday morning minus the 10 above. This cannot be added to until a general election has been held.

A new acting caretaker prime minister (a great title for one's CV) has now been selected from that august body of people

The new acting caretaker prime minister may find himself ousted today when the NACC reads the verdict on the rice scheme.

David Bowie - "we can be heroes, just for 1 day"

There is no new acting CT PM - they did not have the authority to do that - they can put a new head of party in place but that's as far as it goes - the seat is vacant until the Senate selects someone and is endorsed by the His Majesty the King

Just because PTP says that's what they did doesn't make it so

Keep the feet for dancing

• Like 2

and once reforms take place that ban will be extended to a life ban for all those convicted in the courts unable to run for office ever - that would be a big step in cleansing this country of unhindered corruption - wash cycle complete we are in the rinse cycle now - spin cycle yet to come

100% agree on that.

Like the washing machine analogy BTW.

See the yellow loons are up early on this one. You better hope she receives a ban, because if she is allowed to run in the July election it will be a cake walk. Looking at the TV coverage when she left court she remains highly popular amongst Thais.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

See the yellow loons are up early on this one. You better hope she receives a ban, because if she is allowed to run in the July election it will be a cake walk. Looking at the TV coverage when she left court she remains highly popular amongst Thais.

All i saw was about 100 reporters looking for a last soundbite of epic proportions...they are still waiting i understand.

Sent from my LG-P970

• Like 1

Lets do the roll call and get it over with , congratulations must go to the instigator of this case Khun Thawil who stood up to these malcontents and showed that as in a democracy some one has a win, sometimes , although whether it was worth it, all will be told in the next action packed episode.coffee1.gif

Khun Thawil seems to have given them the big middle finger for canning him,

and it was a lot bigger than even he imagined it would be.

We haven't got the backlash from the Reds yet. You know what rowdies do when they don't get their way, don't you? They beat people up, and worse. I hope the justices who made the ruling have good security for them and their families. Hell hath no fury like a Red Shirt who perceives anyone blemishing Shinawatre face, whether by legal means or not.

I can imagine the lessons the Shinawatre parents instilled upon their son and daughters:

>>> Telling the truth is for wusses. Lies will bring you success in life.

>>> Never admit you've ever done anything wrong.

Yes it is strange that they can still head up CAPO and such.. they are no longer ministers, they are nothing anymore how can they still head this up. Seems like no punishment at all.

My understanding is that Snow White and the nine dwarves have nothing further to do with the Thai government.

The caretaker government now consists of those who were members yesterday morning minus the 10 above. This cannot be added to until a general election has been held.

A new acting caretaker prime minister (a great title for one's CV) has now been selected from that august body of people

The new acting caretaker prime minister may find himself ousted today when the NACC reads the verdict on the rice scheme.

David Bowie - "we can be heroes, just for 1 day"

There is no new acting CT PM - they did not have the authority to do that - they can put a new head of party in place but that's as far as it goes - the seat is vacant until the Senate selects someone and is endorsed by the His Majesty the King

Just because PTP says that's what they did doesn't make it so

Keep the feet for dancing

I think they are trying to call him 'acting caretaker PM'! Has such an elevated position ever had such little power? But, agreed, the Ministers have no authority to select their Prime Minister.

However, the Senate does have authority to select new Ministers without any new election. But again, there is the sticking point that the constitution says the PM (but not necessarily other Ministers) must be a member of the House of Reps. I suspect they could change the title to... The Big Head. <3rd rock joke>

Section 102. A person under any of the following prohibitions shall have no right to be a candidate in an election of members of the House of Representatives:

(6) having been expelled, dismissed or removed from the official service, a State agency or a State enterprise on the ground of dishonest performance of duties or corruption;

Does this apply?

Does anyone know the answer to this what the penalty time is ?

Section 102. A person under any of the following prohibitions shall have no right to be a candidate in an election of members of the House of Representatives:

(6) having been expelled, dismissed or removed from the official service, a State agency or a State enterprise on the ground of dishonest performance of duties or corruption;

Does this apply?

Does anyone know the answer to this what the penalty time is ?

All expenses holiday to Dubai duration unknown - I hope someone can post a photo of 11 people sipping cocktails by the pool at Thaksins rehab resort - maybe Tarit will make take up the empty lounger reserved for him if he realises the DSI is about to be investigated

Once Thaksin wins the next election, nothing will really matter at this point aka efforts of removing a Shinawatra puppet would've been in vain.

Sadly for you and the rest of the demented red sheeple, the only elections Thaksin will win from now on are the ones in your deranged red dreams giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

She remains highly popular with brainwashed red sheeple such as your foolish self, however your flock is thinning out rapidly and she will never be PM again. And though I am an aetheist, Thank God for that ! thumbsup.gif