How Much to Pay a Driver!

NVass

Looking for a bit of advice please.

Wife and I are currently looking for a driver to take our 3 kids to school.

Driving our car. Needs to leave our house at 8 am it will take him 1 ½ hours in the morning and the same in the evening finishing about 4pm.

So 3 hrs a day 5 days a week.

Assuming we can find a reliable person. My question is: How much would you think we should pay him!

Answers we have so far range from 20,000 a month to 10,000 a month. I think even this is high, but maybe I am wrong.

Any thoughts please.

In answer to your question-do you want a Farang or Thai person male or femail ? you should expect to pay more for farang and in my opinion cost should be a secondary consideration reliability and security comes first-your choice wai.gif

• Like 1

Generally about 12-15k . 15k would probably get u every 2nd Saturday too. At the end of the if the driver is idle, that you issue not the driver.

20k is too much, unless u need English speaking driver

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Generally about 12-15k . 15k would probably get u every 2nd Saturday too. At the end of the if the driver is idle, that you issue not the driver.

20k is too much, unless u need English speaking driver

For 10-15K you could hire a permanent employee to do the school run, wash the car, do the garden, do the housework, be your chauffeur, and do any other similar type jobs.

If you pay 10K for 3 hours/5 days a week, you're paying way over the odds.

One reason we went with a full time maid (5-6 days a week) is it was just about the same amount of money as having them for 2-3 days a week. Quantity discount? LOL

I think the 10-15k is about the right range. I'd shoot for the lower end of this.

OP: Do you speak Thai?

Just to let you suffer any moore.......here in Chaiyaphum we pay 500 baht/month for our kids to be driven to from school 5 times a week all semester....

Seriously I feel sad for you guys living down there paying your way around and get squeezed like an orange... OMG..... And it seems that you do it with a smile..... so here is one for you allsmile.png

glegolo

• Like 1

Another fixation on cheap labour.....what the heck is anyone gonna do between the morning and afternoon, suppose you wanna pay 100 baht a day or so. Seriously, get with the 21st Century and pay a decent wage for a split shift shitey job transporting screaming kids. Either that or doit yourself

Another fixation on cheap labour.....what the heck is anyone gonna do between the morning and afternoon, suppose you wanna pay 100 baht a day or so. Seriously, get with the 21st Century and pay a decent wage for a split shift shitey job transporting screaming kids. Either that or doit yourself

Stand up from your chair and face reality...... 500 baht a kid a month, being transported on a song thaew together with like 20 kids.....Driver makes good money each month doing about 3-4 pick ups like this each and every morning.

21st century is here and you are obviously not.......

Glegolo

Look depends on what you want want a pervert to drive kids? he may pay you Look best to do it yourself. unless youe just don't care at all if your asking about price then either your or lazy and don't care.

Look depends on what you want want a pervert to drive kids? he may pay you Look best to do it yourself. unless youe just don't care at all if your asking about price then either your or lazy and don't care.

You can rent a car for 20.000 bt a month and drive them yourself.

Why cant op just drive them to school himself ? If he cares about his kids that much a thai driver woild not be the best option.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For 10-15K you could hire a permanent employee to do the school run, wash the car, do the garden, do the housework, be your chauffeur, and do any other similar type jobs.

If you pay 10K for 3 hours/5 days a week, you're paying way over the odds.

Good luck with finding a stable and trustworthy person

Pay peanuts - Get monkeys

.Exactly!

20,000 THB a month is far from being over the top for a reliable and safe driver. I would put my child's life at higher value than that.

B5,000 at the most if you could find one that fits into the schedule! Note the IF...

I suppose, nowadays, you can hire a full time driver for B15,000 a month! My personal driver back in 89 was paid B3,500. He drove my daughter to school at 7am and picked her up at 3.30pm. In the interim, he worked at the company driving my engineers to factories working together with other drivers.

Farangs always seem inflating prices!

I found my personal driver drinking during the day He's the one who drove and picked my daughter up to and from school. I fired him immediately when I caught him. He wanted 3 months severance pay. I gave him one, or nothing as he was told! Sure he took the one month.

Edited by muchogra

B5,000 at the most if you could find one that fits into the schedule! Note the IF...

I suppose, nowadays, you can hire a full time driver for B15,000 a month! My personal driver back in 89 was paid B3,500. He drove my daughter to school at 7am and picked her up at 3.30pm. In the interim, he worked at the company driving my engineers to factories working together with other drivers.

I found my personal driver drinking during the day He's the one who drove and picked my daughter up to and from school. I fired him immediately when I caught him. He wanted 3 months severance pay. I gave him one, or nothing as he was told! Sure he took the one month.

Again.

Well, may be up to B8,000 if he seems polite. But then, you can't trust people nowadays when they have all become greedy and lost their pride!

Stand up from your chair and face reality...... 500 baht a kid a month, being transported on a song thaew together with like 20 kids.....Driver makes good money each month doing about 3-4 pick ups like this each and every morning.

21st century is here and you are obviously not.......

Glegolo

No comparison of an open air truck vs. an air con car with private driver. A driver who will wait until your kids are ready. And pick them up whenever they want. Plus, run errands for you as well.