Thai protesters launch 'final fight' as government clings on

webfact

Sutheps final attempt to tear the country totally down !

Let's all hope he does not succeed .

Actually, he isn't trying to tear the country down, he's trying to tear the Shin Dynasty down and let's hope that he succeeds.

No, your right, he is not trying to tear the country down, he did it.

Numbers of tourists down

Credit rating down

Economic down

Investments down

Only down spiral, and will take a while to get back to what it was, and if he succeeds now, the numbers might never get up anymore.

All thanks to your Suthep,

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, he isn't trying to tear the country down, he's trying to tear the Shin Dynasty down and let's hope that he succeeds.

What's wrong with the Shin's? They haven't done anything illegal…just politicians being politicians.

Edited by dukebowling

I was astounded how few protesters there are taking part! I expected 100,000s but the photos, with wide angles, can barely show more than a few thousand tops

must be a crushing blow to Dear Leader and the fake monk but they'll be pleased their courts helped them out in the short term.

The yellow shirts are chicken hawks. Red shirts scared them away.

Dear Leader wears a shirt of red. Countries like North Korea welcome your opinions.

Ok.. I still want to see ONE POLICY DOCUMENT from PDRC on REFORM ???

Just one, Thai or English..

I'm no fan of either side but I can't believe supporters of Suthep haven't demanded this ???

His only reform is a very big one.... change from democracy to dictatorship.

• Like 2

No, your right, he is not trying to tear the country down, he did it.

Numbers of tourists down

Credit rating down

Economic down

Investments down

Only down spiral, and will take a while to get back to what it was, and if he succeeds now, the numbers might never get up anymore.

All thanks to your Suthep,

Good... He is succeeding; However, I'm glad to see that you're supporting the government and haven't uttered a word against the mongrel dogs of the dark persuasion that pick the rice for a government program that has been buying rice at over 40% of its market value and can't now can't pay them You haven't got a clue do you? Go big business!

Easy as it is to get stuck in the rut of polarised thinking, whether local or farang, it is sobering to see how 'The World' views recent goings on:

Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.co...0MDAwODEwNDgyWj

The Economist: http://www.economist...des-it-may-well

You are right. Most western media (voice of the people) do not support the protesters. I'm surprised your post did not get more "likes" but as you say "Easy as it is to get stuck in the rut of polarised thinking ....."

I'm no fan of either side but I can't believe supporters of Suthep haven't demanded this ???

His only reform is a very big one.... change from democracy to dictatorship.

Just ONE????

Anyone, Yellow, White, Red, Blue... Anyone can give to me PLEASE ? smile.png

Have you ever seen one from PT ?

Or doesn't that matter ?

I hope someone, somewhere is asking the question: Who has Thaksin and Yingluck etc hacked off so badly to warrant such a savage response? Do you think the courts and Suthep are doing this for the "people" or something else? Why is that the army intervenes when the redshirts protest and not when the yellow shirts do the same and even take over an airport and large parts of the city? What is it that Thaksin/Yingluck/redshirts etc are doing that is really hacking the likes of the courts and the army off? Could it really be corruption, which lets be honest has been a part of Thai (and pretty much all Asian countries') history for decades? I don't think so. I think it is something else.

The Economist, May 6th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Today will also be known as National Traffic Day.

Hardly!

Their Channel 5 mob:

attachicon.gif9-may-14-channel5.jpg

Tv station

attachicon.gif9-may-2014-pdrc.jpg

They've been going around TV stations protesting at the unfriendly TV coverage today.

Really I must asks the Suthep faithful, why is it Suthep wishes to blockade TV stations for expressing views he doesn't approve of ... I thought his faithful mindless followers were saying he stood for free speech, yet here we see him clearly trying to control the media on the day of his final final final final battle. Dictators always start by protesting, seizing govt agencies, controlling media, calling for reform etc .... then they become evil tyrants that never leave .... and you just have to look at Sutheps ego to see he fits the mold perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I dunno... Why is Jack Nicholson's bottom censored here? Get real. Thailand has one of the most restricted medias in the world.

Or doesn't that matter ?

yes I have actually.. and from the Democrats.. some good, some bad..

just NONE from Suthep.. ;)

Surely you must know why you are following him? PDRC policies, in WRITING ???

Today will also be known as National Traffic Day.

Hardly!

Their Channel 5 mob:

attachicon.gif9-may-14-channel5.jpg

Tv station

attachicon.gif9-may-2014-pdrc.jpg

They've been going around TV stations protesting at the unfriendly TV coverage today.

Really I must asks the Suthep faithful, why is it Suthep wishes to blockade TV stations for expressing views he doesn't approve of ... I thought his faithful mindless followers were saying he stood for free speech, yet here we see him clearly trying to control the media on the day of his final final final final battle. Dictators always start by protesting, seizing govt agencies, controlling media, calling for reform etc .... then they become evil tyrants that never leave .... and you just have to look at Sutheps ego to see he fits the mold perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I dunno... Why is Jack Nicholson's bottom censored here? Get real. Thailand has one of the most restricted medias in the world.

Red-yellow; red-blue; liberal-labor-conservative; left-right;jack asses and elephants......yawn....melodrama for the masses. Keep drinking the Kool-Aide. Confused? You're right where you should be. Don't understand? Even better.

Edited by connda

The govt is playing a winning hand, they have the high moral ground, playing with a straight bat and all the while making Suthep look like an hysterical fool. Keep it up!

Dunno about higher moral ground, Thai politics is more like mud wrestling.

we must be looking at different tv stations

I am not a Suthep Fan, but the lives shots of him on tv show he has a bigger backing of Thai citizens than you do

He doesn't have enough Thai citizens backing him or his ex-party to win an election.

Whichever way you (or your wife) look at it, the PTP has electoral support, although it will be far less than it used to be and if the Democrats had been more sensible they may well have won a 2015 election.

So why not let the Thai citizens decide?

You just answered your own question BB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who wants Suthep in charge rather than Shinawatra? At least the Shin's used democracy to get their power. Suthep relies on mob rule. Don't forget the people he murdered in 2010. This is replacing one thief with another. Suthep could never have taken Thailand as far as Thaksin did.

Who wants Suthep in charge rather than Shinawatra? At least the Shin's used democracy to get their power. Suthep relies on mob rule. Don't forget the people he murdered in 2010. This is replacing one thief with another. Suthep could never have taken Thailand as far as Thaksin did.

Suthep has been convicted of murder by a court of law ?.....I didn't realize that....rolleyes.gif

You may have come from somewhere like North Korea, but where I come from someone is guilty of something once they have been convicted by court of law...

Or doesn't that matter ?

yes I have actually.. and from the Democrats.. some good, some bad..

just NONE from Suthep.. wink.png

Surely you must know why you are following him? PDRC policies, in WRITING ???

Then you had better post a link to the PT reform policy so we can all see.

Incidentally Suthep has been holding reform meetings with various sectors to get expert opinions on each different reform.

But perhaps you missed those.

• Like 1

I was astounded how few protesters there are taking part! I expected 100,000s but the photos, with wide angles, can barely show more than a few thousand tops

must be a crushing blow to Dear Leader and the fake monk but they'll be pleased their courts helped them out in the short term.

Of course long term they are doomed to failure as are all feudal elites and they will go the same way as all the others as ordinary Thais are sick to death of corruption, deference/no freedom of speech and being 'second class' to the elite Bangkokians

As I recall, Suthep asked for 1 million supporters to come out for the final battle. I was at Lumpini today and on the way there you could hear sounds like huge crowds of people on the move and their leaders shouting all over the city centre. However it turned out that they were employing large speakers making it sound like there was a huge army on the move, when actually there were only small groups of protestors. At Lumpini there were around 100 protestors where speeches were being given. I observed protestors who were travelling with me by BTS arriving at Lumpini and seeing that the turn out was very low, turn around and went shopping or sat around on Silom rd and then went home. Suthep said that this was his win or lose final battle day, and judging by the turnout he has lost.

• Like 1