'Don't remove the cone': latest advice on the Net

Lite Beer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guards = angry scum thugs/criminals being paid in a capacity that allows them to use extreme violence against whom they choose without any repercussions?

They must all feel an inch longer, no doubt.

• Like 1

I don't know whats more disgusting, the PDRC guards or those supporters of the PDRC who defend these thugs. Their behaviour is indefensible

Who is defending them? Nobody on this thread, it appears.

I don't condone thuggery, but to be fair, at least the PDRC thugs get handed over to the police. We can not say that about the red shirt thugs.

• Like 2

I don't know whats more disgusting, the PDRC guards or those supporters of the PDRC who defend these thugs. Their behaviour is indefensible

You call these thugs? Nah, They are far from it.

The real thugs are coming out and recently they hire a farang leader as well.

What in the world are you talking about? Care to explain that statement in a little more detail?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We are scared ! When moving to Thailand 6 month ago we were very excited to live in such a lovely country. Now my wife doesn't want to leave the house, actually she wants to leave the country. We live near Chaeng Wattana. We have met very often the "guards", either in the street or in the nearby shopping mall. They look look like thugs, my wife says they look like bikers, now the sunday riders, the gangsters. Until now they were keeping their distance but now we read in the newspapers that they start to attack people at random. According to our expat colleagues it's the first time in recent time that protesters attack innocent bystanders. So far the violence has always been confined around the protest sites but now things seem to change especially for the follower of this monk. How can someone call himself "Buddha". It shows what a fanatic nuts we are dealing with.

Last night I couldn't sleep well. I am up very early this morning and the first I did was checking the news to see if anything happened in our neighborhood. Yesterday I was talking to my boss. I asked him either to assign me somewhere else or to accept my resignation. He asked me to wait a few days and promised a special bonus to make up for the trouble. Money is fine but if we see any new report of people attacked in their car by these so called "guards", we are out of here !

37 posts. Have you met fab4?

Whats your point scorecard. Flaming again?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We are scared ! When moving to Thailand 6 month ago we were very excited to live in such a lovely country. Now my wife doesn't want to leave the house, actually she wants to leave the country. We live near Chaeng Wattana. We have met very often the "guards", either in the street or in the nearby shopping mall. They look look like thugs, my wife says they look like bikers, now the sunday riders, the gangsters. Until now they were keeping their distance but now we read in the newspapers that they start to attack people at random. According to our expat colleagues it's the first time in recent time that protesters attack innocent bystanders. So far the violence has always been confined around the protest sites but now things seem to change especially for the follower of this monk. How can someone call himself "Buddha". It shows what a fanatic nuts we are dealing with.

Last night I couldn't sleep well. I am up very early this morning and the first I did was checking the news to see if anything happened in our neighborhood. Yesterday I was talking to my boss. I asked him either to assign me somewhere else or to accept my resignation. He asked me to wait a few days and promised a special bonus to make up for the trouble. Money is fine but if we see any new report of people attacked in their car by these so called "guards", we are out of here !

37 posts. Have you met fab4?

Whats your point scorecard. Flaming again?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Oh, the irony !

Phra Buddha Issara handed the PDRC guards responsible for the assault over to police and gave Bt50,000 to Wittawat's family.

Why doesn't UDD police their following the same way?

because it is these same PDRC thugs who are shooting their own side to garner public sympathy? Once the protesters go away, attacks on the protesters will go away as well I think.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only time I had any contact with one of these guys ( I tried to ask if I should turn back), he screamed 'stike' stike' (strike I suppose) and his eyes were rolling around his head, he didn't even look at me. Looked like a case of yaba to me. Keep away.

• Like 1

Sumeth Somkanae, a safety trainer of the Thai Journalists' Association, has joined other social-media users in posting advice about safety precautions at rally sites. It includes:

l Study the routes and plan travel in advance.

l Drive slowly when passing a protest site. Do not take a turn or U-turn too quickly as there might be a misunderstanding.

l If the road is blocked, do not remove the barriers without permission as it might cause a misunderstanding.

l Be patient, keep calm and talk in a friendly manner.

Funny. Those are quite the same rules I follow when I ride past barking dogs with my scooter.

Other important bits of common sense:

• Don't draw a gun
  • Don't try to run anyone over
  • hide any weapons, especially grenade launchers and bombs
  • be polite if stopped

This applies whether you are being stopped by a red-shirt roadblock, pdrc guards at a protest site, or even by the police at a check point.

The only time I had any contact with one of these guys ( I tried to ask if I should turn back), he screamed 'stike' stike' (strike I suppose) and his eyes were rolling around his head, he didn't even look at me. Looked like a case of yaba to me. Keep away.

Drove through Asoke daily and never had a problem.

Why doesn't he hand himself over to the police?

How can this bloke set himself up as judge jury and executinor and just keep harassing intimidation anybody that dare cross him or his thug guards?

Why should people yield their rights the guards?

Exactly!

Absolutely with you on this. However its the old two wongs don't make a wite. Right.

We obey the law and should demand our rights, however touching somebody else's property is illegal.

They get upset. A fight starts. The fight escalates and you know what happens when fights escalate.

Someone gets hurt that shouldn't. You have to report their infringement of your rights to the police.

Like I will do tomorrow for being assaulted by a parking ranger in Sydney today, who seemed to think a

mild shoulder charge is part of his job. There is a way to do things that's all.

Good idea, do not remove the Cones. As to some who berate the present demostrators, You have a short memory. Do you remember the Red Shirts Demonstrations and how deadly and violant they were, includeding burning and bombing businesses. Remember Central World Complex.

The Army needs to finish their regime change. Corruption is a cancer and bought votes do not create or express a Democarcy.

The Rice Scheme was a buy votes scheme that backfired. It did nothing for other farmers.

We just cut Mangos and got 8 Baht a Kilo, because this is the heavy Mango cutting Season. But, prices have not dropped in the retail market, just the middle man got richer.

Jerry

Where is the police?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

During a protest by the Thai Chapter 'Students for a Democratic Society' back in '76 (?) - as fast as they put up the street barriers in Bangkok, the Thai Military showed up and took them down, and beat back anyone that tried to stop them from doing so - no one messed with the Thai Military back then, wonder what has changed?? Of course the liberal few will say - It is their democratic right to Protest" I agree, but The Barrier Builders are obstructing our civil liberties, and terrorizing innocent families and the Military should get involved as the Boys in Brown are inefective at doing anything 'cept taking a hand out.

coffee1.gifangry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

You call these thugs? Nah, They are far from it.

The real thugs are coming out and recently they hire a farang leader as well.

My answer to this is "Snipers" coffee1.gif do you have a source of this farang leader your talking about, I have rad about farand 'supporters' but not leaders.

No matter which political side one supports, violence is totally unacceptable. To smash a mans car and attack him in such a way goes absolutely and totally against the whole concept of peaceful political opposition, and is an affront to modern society.

These criminal thugs MUST be made an example of - throw them in the clink and leave them there with no food for a few days - hopefully they will come to understand that we don't agree with them - either that, or with a bit of luck they will die.

I believe in what the protest is about, but violence like this MUST BE STAMPED OUT.

What a bunch of low life scum.

• Like 1

You begin to see a pattern developing with Phra Issara' leadership. He is again in charge of another PDRC rally site and has HIS guards are involved in percipitating bloody violence against unarmed, civilians minding their own business and not involved in political protests of any kind. If he can't be arrested to be held accountable and the police cannot provide PUBLIC SAFETY near PDRC rally sites, then I'm afraid maybe it's time for civilian vigalantes to oppose PDRC militants to gain back and protect the rights of people, irrespective of anyone's political beliefs. And no doubt the Constitutional Court will hold that action to be unconstitutional as well.