Who is good for airport taxi rides these days?

Jingthing

Most price are set to 1,900 Thb if return would bargain if the meeting not too long the driver might wait because his car are empty and would like to earn more I think fair price 3,000-3,500 about 100 USD is a good offer and many driver would want that plus 100 Baht for food allowance while waiting for meeting.

Edited by Bkungbank

Mr T was still okay when I used the firm last year - my only quibble is that a quote from them from Silom to Pattaya wasn't quite as competitive as their usual Suv to Pattaya pricing, and I ended up using somebody else. The one I've used on my last three trips is PT taxis (Tel.038-724199). . The price from Suv to Pattaya is 1000 for normal car or 1300 for large one. It is 900 the other way for basic car. The cars are modern and good, but a normal taxi meter from Patts to Suv is probably only about 800 baht, so you pays your money and takes your choice..

• Like 1

Is Mr. T still around and good, I ask again?

Mr T all good and just booked my next pick ups via him.............. As per normal Email confirmation back very quickly. I always reconfirm 24/48 hours before pick up to which he always responds again

• Like 1

Mr. T is still around and still the best. I use him on a regular basis to Bkk hotels and back and also airport runs. Always on time and reliable. 1000 bht to Bkk hotels. 1000 bht back to Jomtien. Airport run the same price to come back. 900 bht to go to airport

• Like 1

Jing, I alway's use Somdesh Choosakul only uses newer cars. If he picks you up it is a15 paasenger Hyatt minivan real nice. If staff picks you up it is always an auto no more than 2-3 years old. Great drivers for 10 years I have been using them His company is always ultra punctual(usually 1/2 an hour early No excuses. Somedesh speaks English well. Picks me up in Bang Saray at my house or drives me to my house even will wait for you (if reasonable timeframe) to run an errand before you get home. Tolls always included in the price. 1100 baht & i usually leave him a 200 baht tip. Up to you on that one. His number is 085 1060994 or 0807300337 the second number may be unused now . He is a great value.any one that works for him is a good driver & not ever hopped up on drugs.That I never ask but you can tell when the driver is going 140kph & that isn't fast enough you know something is up.One year I had him stop at Collingborne auction to pick up my stored motorcycle (which was way out of his way)& he followed me home with the boxes & backpacks. No extra charge. Except I did tip him good , I was delighted to not have to take the baht bus from Bang Saray to Pattaya to pick up my bike! I have used other guys in the beggining when I lived in Pattaya but eventually they try to gaff you for more baht. He only went up in price after 9 years to cover fuel.

Who ever you get have a safe journey. I go stateside in 30 days. I hear Pizza ,Chinese & Bagels calling me & some great Cal-Mex Mexican!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooo ready & a good time to get out . Neighbor is going to be building a small house when I am gone. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 2

I`ve used his service 3 times so far this year, still good.

2 of the drivers I`d describe as excellent, the last one was maybe a little too fast( for me), still OK though.

On time, quick confirmation of bookings.

900 baht for SUV, 1200 baht for DM., either way.

Thumbs up from me.

I`ll be using him again.

Still available but last four bookings the driver held his hand out for a tip. Naughty. [email protected]

Well weren't you going to give him one.....??

My wife normally chats up the drivers during our trips with Mr. T's drivers. Mainly to make sure they stay awake as our trips are usually in the wee hours. One told her they get something like 100B for the trip. And waiting at the airport for a delayed flight for hours is not unusual.

I'm sure a tip of 100B or so is sincerely appreciated. These guys work hard.

Still available but last four bookings the driver held his hand out for a tip. Naughty. [email protected]

My wife normally chats up the drivers during our trips with Mr. T's drivers. Mainly to make sure they stay awake as our trips are usually in the wee hours. One told her they get something like 100B for the trip. And waiting at the airport for a delayed flight for hours is not unusual.

I had heard similar at 150 per trip that the drivers receive.

I always give 200 Baht tip either up or down from Suvarnabhumbi

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I would rather think they have to pay Mr T 100 Baht for playing the middle man, since they are using their own car.