Foodland Opening on Thepprasit

JimSiam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to the manager at Foodland on Pattaya Klang today. He said they had hoped to start building the new one this year, but due to the economy the project was on hold. I live nearby the new location and would be really happy to see it built and open, but it doesn't look like that will be anytime soon.

Actually unbelievable that still in Jomtien is no Superkarket apart from BigC and Tesco at Sukhumvit. It's also amazing that there is no McDonald, no KFC and so on. Only 200 000 7/11s and 35 000 Family Marts.

Actually unbelievable that still in Jomtien is no Superkarket apart from BigC and Tesco at Sukhumvit. It's also amazing that there is no McDonald, no KFC and so on. Only 200 000 7/11s and 35 000 Family Marts.

Many years ago there was a KFC but it was never busy.

Ha Ha.

The worst KFC I have ever come across in the world.

Went in one day, chicken and chip please,

No Hab.

Ok I have just chicken.

No Hab chicken. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. w00t.gif unbelievable

Yes it closed down.

Would be good if Foodland come one day.

Ha Ha.

The worst KFC I have ever come across in the world.

Went in one day, chicken and chip please,

No Hab.

Ok I have just chicken.

No Hab chicken. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. w00t.gif unbelievable

Yes it closed down.

Would be good if Foodland come one day.

Read that they didn't cook their offerings " in house" but had it delivered from a branch in Pattaya.

Used it myself on a couple of occasions, now part of Kaffa resto.

Foodland have decided to build their new store south of Jomtien Nam Chom Thian 6 on Sukumvit right in front of Alangkarn Theatre.

It is going to be open 24 hrs.

I understand the confusion. The photos were taken on Thepprasit at the proposed Foodland location and has nothing to do with the alleged Foodland location on Sukumvit. I walked by the Thepprasit site and it hardly qualifies as a construction site. There is some excavation and foundation work that looks like the beginnings of a substantial sign.

• 1 month later...

So no Foodland close to Jomtien then ?

I'd call it Jomtien too, but in actual fact it's a far better location than Jomtien proper due to easy accessibility from all directions. Obviously they put a bit of research into finding the best location and the location is perfect and it's a fairly undeveloped area of Theprasit Road too.

• 2 months later...

Looks like something going on at the Thepparsit site, builder shacks going up and a big sign has been erected, fingers crossed that they will build one here after all

I asked the night manager at Foodland last week. "next year" was his response. LOL I didn't expect it would be completed this year.

I'd call it Jomtien too, but in actual fact it's a far better location than Jomtien proper due to easy accessibility from all directions. Obviously they put a bit of research into finding the best location and the location is perfect and it's a fairly undeveloped area of Theprasit Road too.

I think they've got their eyes on future traffic coming down soi 17 from all the new mega-condos being built down the far end there. People living there will be able to drive down to Jomtien Second Road, turn south and then do a u-turn at JBC or soi Wat Bun to head back up to Jomtien/Pattaya, or else they will be able to drive down one of the side-soi's onto Thepprasit, of which soi 17 is probably the easiest. Foodland is right opposite soi 17 on Thepprasit so they're in a great location to catch a load of new customers from these condos, as well as all the existing supermarket-less residents of Jomtien. And then there's the new 35 storey Supalai Mare condo that's almost finished up the road on Thepprasit as well as the new Ritta development next door to it. They've picked a great location considering what's going to open in that are over the next year or two.

I think they've got their eyes on future traffic coming down soi 17 from all the new mega-condos being built down the far end there. People living there will be able to drive down to Jomtien Second Road, turn south and then do a u-turn at JBC or soi Wat Bun to head back up to Jomtien/Pattaya, or else they will be able to drive down one of the side-soi's onto Thepprasit, of which soi 17 is probably the easiest. Foodland is right opposite soi 17 on Thepprasit so they're in a great location to catch a load of new customers from these condos, as well as all the existing supermarket-less residents of Jomtien. And then there's the new 35 storey Supalai Mare condo that's almost finished up the road on Thepprasit as well as the new Ritta development next door to it. They've picked a great location considering what's going to open in that are over the next year or two.

you sound quite intelligent, do you have a copy of the master plan, where these various theses are analyzed?

The recent construction was for a large sign. A huge new "Foodland" sign has been erected and is very visible. The actual building construction cannot be far behind.

The sign has been up for months now but no indication that anything will be built anytime soon.

I think most of the projects at the end of Soi 17 will never be completed.

The recent construction was for a large sign. A huge new "Foodland" sign has been erected and is very visible. The actual building construction cannot be far behind.

The sign has been up for months now but no indication that anything will be built anytime soon.

A month or so ago, they cleared out the garden shop and now it looks like builder housing is being erected.

A month or so ago, they cleared out the garden shop and now it looks like builder housing is being erected.

I didn't see that going past today. There's absolutely nothing going on on this site at present.

• 9 months later...

There is a bunch of pipes and hardware on the site, but I'm pretty sure that's for an upgrade of the main water line running down Thepprasit Road.  Can anyone confirm?

2 hours ago, manarak said:

Foodland!

wake up!

Foodland!

Hello?

Anyone there?

There is absolutely NOTHING going on at that building site!

When are they going to get that shop erected?

I would so much enjoy a Foodland there.

Why build anything in the black hole that's Jomtien...not enough population to support a proper supermarket. Stick to your Family Marts and that Super Mart or whatever opposite Pan Pan.

5 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Why build anything in the black hole that's Jomtien...not enough population to support a proper supermarket. Stick to your Family Marts and that Super Mart or whatever opposite Pan Pan.

FoodMart, and it's not enough.