US: Woman escapes after being held captive for 10 years

webfact

Woman escapes after being held captive for 10 years: report

LOS ANGELES: -- A woman who was allegedly kidnapped a decade ago at age 15, sexually abused and held against her will has been found alive in California, and her suspected captor arrested, police said on Wednesday.

The woman, now 25, was kidnapped in Santa Ana, southeast of Los Angeles, in 2004. She came forward herself, triggering the arrest on Tuesday of her alleged kidnapper, identified as 41-year-old Isidro Garcia.

The victim, whose identity was not immediately revealed, had opportunities to escape during the past decade, but "saw no way out of her situation", Santa Ana police said in a statement.

In 2007, Garcia allegedly forced her into a marriage and in 2012, they had a child, police said.

Garcia - who lives in Bell Gardens, about 40 kilometres from Santa Ana in the Los Angeles suburbs - was booked for kidnapping and rape, lewd acts with a minor and false imprisonment.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/woman-escapes-after-being-held-captive-for-10-years-report-20140522-zrkl3.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-05-22

Kidnapped a decade ago, woman escapes with help from Facebook

LOS ANGELES: -- A woman who was kidnapped a decade ago, sexually assaulted and forced to marry her abductor has escaped after contacting her sister on Facebook, police in southern California said Wednesday.

The Santa Ana Police Department said it is holding Isidro Garcia, 41, on charges connected with the abduction. The victim, who has not been named, was 15 when she was allegedly kidnapped by Garcia, who was her boyfriend at the time.

According to police Garcia initially imprisoned her in a garage then told her that her family had stopped looking for her and that they would be deported if she came forward.

He supplied her with false identification papers and forced her to marry him in 2007. He subjected her to sustained physical, sexual and mental abuse over the years and the two had a child in 2012, according to police.

The victm recently contacted her sister on Facebook "and eventually gained the courage to contact the police," the statement said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-22

After he is convicted at court. he should be locked in a small cage in the centre of the local community, so that the people there can push hot pokers into his anus and mistreat him in similar ways to what he has been doing.

Our women and children need to be protected at all cost. Men like this are vermin.

I think you have a vocation. Freelance Sentencing Consultant. A lot of courts could do with some help in this area.

After he is convicted at court. he should be locked in a small cage in the centre of the local community, so that the people there can push hot pokers into his anus and mistreat him in similar ways to what he has been doing.

Our women and children need to be protected at all cost. Men like this are vermin.

I think you have a vocation. Freelance Sentencing Consultant. A lot of courts could do with some help in this area.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.....lol. But I don't think I would be good at it, plus it already spent too much time if my life dealing with a.holes like this.

It saddens me greatly to think that there may be so many more women and girls around the world that are being treated like this.

These men are the most vile creatures that ever walked this life. The lowest of low, death being to swift of a punishment for most of them.

Of course the case needs to be closely examined, but you virtually couldn't make up,a story this sad.

I hope he has money and assets and they all get so,d and go to the victim,she's lost so many years and has suffered unimaginably. Sad.

LOS ANGELES: -- A woman who was kidnapped a decade ago, sexually assaulted and forced to marry her abductor has escaped after contacting her sister on Facebook, police in southern California said Wednesday.

The Santa Ana Police Department said it is holding Isidro Garcia, 41, on charges connected with the abduction. The victim, who has not been named, was 15 when she was allegedly kidnapped by Garcia, who was her boyfriend at the time.

According to police Garcia initially imprisoned her in a garage then told her that her family had stopped looking for her and that they would be deported if she came forward.

He supplied her with false identification papers and forced her to marry him in 2007. He subjected her to sustained physical, sexual and mental abuse over the years and the two had a child in 2012, according to police.

The victm recently contacted her sister on Facebook "and eventually gained the courage to contact the police," the statement said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-05-22

They appear to have mangled the story. All other places say he was the mother's boyfriend.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-05-22

They appear to have mangled the story. All other places say he was the mother's boyfriend.

Ohhh, really? It wouldn't normally be like the nation to c o c k things up. 55555

Edited by neverdie

before starting your new vocation, poster, explain: what's with the anus and hot poker reference?

Sounds like the supposed gory demise of King Edward II in 1327, who came to a somewhat sticky end.....

I think the blokes kicked her out to be honest. It's probably one of the " 10 x year hitch things " where all her nagging has wore him down......go on " pi$$ off back to ya mothers before I belt ya !"

"Hang'im'high" squad is out in force.

I would like to know how much of all the evil deeds he has been accused of he actually did.

She was 15 when she became his g/f?

Or she was 15 when she started bedding her mother's b/f?

Or she was abducted when she was 15?

Or she ran away with him when she was 15?

How old was she when she had a baby?

Why keep quiet for so many years?

Was she kept in chains in the dungeon?

Answer all these and many other questions then hang him high.

• Like 1

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-05-22

And she is an illegal Mexican immigrant not a usa citizen, just pointing facts out.

I hope the perp is really made to suffer for his crimes.

And she is an illegal Mexican immigrant not a usa citizen, just pointing facts out.

I hope the perp is really made to suffer for his crimes.

The OP doesn't say she is an illegal immigrant. Her parents may be illegal, but it doesn't say she wasn't born in the US.

At this point in time, she is the mother of a US citizen, so she would likely escape deportation.

-snip-

Why keep quiet for so many years?

Was she kept in chains in the dungeon?

-snip-

This has happened a number of times. Some deep psychological change happens with the victim. Yes they are at first confined. They begin to rely on the perp for everything including food and water. They don't see the outside world and the world they are forced into becomes their world.

After they accept it, and the perp is their only human contact, they then accept the perp. Many are fearful of leaving the perp even when they have the chance to run or cry out for help. They become totally dependent.

I'm no shrink, but they don't cry out for help even if taken into a public place. They are that badly damaged.

If the guy did what he is accused of, he is the lowest of scum and no punishment is too harsh for him.

Edit: Some other stories and I can't think of the name of another gal who escaped. LINK

Edited by NeverSure