Advertising

kerryk

I have lived here for about a year and I have never received any mail advertising. No coupons, no ads, nothing. Is this common or is it because I live in an apartment. I don’t know anything about the postal system or bulk mailing rates but it there something there that makes it not feasible to do bulk mailings?

Not sure, but I get lots of annoying commercial leaflets in my mailbox (and stuck in between the bars of the fence gate), and then there's of course all the salespeople who come around on motorcycle and try to convince me to buy bleak German sausage and other junk. One every week.

I think advertisements are usually handled privately and not by the regular postal system. Why I do not know.

I'll trade you mailboxes Kerryk :o Apart from the usual flyers that are put out by Big C, KFC, Sizzler and all the rest, and stuck in your gate, I still get a fair bit of junk mail actually addressed to me. I'm somehow on the Dusit mailing list, although I havn't stayed in one of their hotels in more than 17 years. Regular "begging" letters from World Vision and sundry other charities down to special "offers" from a well known Chiangmai pest control company, but never having used their services.

I'm sure companies here "buy" mailing lists as they do in other countries, but time is the main thing. If you have been in any place long enough to have phones, utilities, car registration etc registered in your name........as sure as god made little green apples junk mail will follow sooner or later!