ISIS knocking on Baghdad's door

webfact

http://basnews.com/en/News/Details/Barzani-expected-to-ask-parliament-for-referendum-this-week/25298
Hawar Abdulrazaq
BasNews, Erbil
President Massoud Barzani is expected to ask Kurdish Parliament for a referendum on independence on Thursday.
A source in parliament who asked to remain anonymous has informed BasNews that Barzani will speak of the recent developments in Iraq and deliver what the source called a ‘historical’ speech regarding Kurdistan’s future.

Sooner the Kurds get out, the better for them

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Sunni fanatics are determined to ignite a sectarian war in Iraq.>

ISIL might be wanting that, but the Sunni tribesmen fighting with them just want a homeland where they can live free of <deleted> oppression.

It's way past time for the "world" to agree that Iraq is no more and will be split into 3. Iranian controlled south, Kurdish north and saudi controlled west. It was obvious to me years ago, but I guess the politicians had to play the game as long as possible.

The arms dealers are happy, as usual.

I bet the US is making a heap of money selling arms to Maliki.

I bet the US is making a heap of money selling arms to Maliki."

Not very likely...but the Russians seem to be doing very well.

http://rt.com/news/169144-iraq-russian-jets-arrive/

I know, I thought the same when reading dude's comments. Some are so irrational, delusional and blinded by resentment that they will say or believe anything as long as it has an anti-US angle.

I'm not particularly anti US, but if the Bush administration hadn't lied about WMDs to take us into a war which had NOTHING to do with 9/11 this mess wouldn't be happening now.

BTW, the guns those guys are waving around on the tv news, and the vehicles they are driving were made in the USA.

I've posted this before and it seems never to sink in.

The Iraq war would never have happened if the Senate Democrats had not voted for the resolution for the war. If you feel the need to blame Bush, you should also feel the need to blame Kerry, Hillary, Biden. Reid et al. They ALL voted for war.

The vehicles they are driving are US products. However, I find it hard to believe all the small arms being used by ISIS are of US manufacture. Perhaps you have forgotten all those Russian arms that were left over from the Saddam Hussein regime?

• Like 1

I bet the US is making a heap of money selling arms to Maliki."

Not very likely...but the Russians seem to be doing very well.

http://rt.com/news/169144-iraq-russian-jets-arrive/

I know, I thought the same when reading dude's comments. Some are so irrational, delusional and blinded by resentment that they will say or believe anything as long as it has an anti-US angle.

I'm not particularly anti US, but if the Bush administration hadn't lied about WMDs to take us into a war which had NOTHING to do with 9/11 this mess wouldn't be happening now.

BTW, the guns those guys are waving around on the tv news, and the vehicles they are driving were made in the USA.

The Iraq war would never have happened if the Senate Democrats had not voted for the resolution for the war. If you feel the need to blame Bush, you should also feel the need to blame Kerry, Hillary, Biden. Reid et al. They ALL voted for war.

The vehicles they are driving are US products. However, I find it hard to believe all the small arms being used by ISIS are of US manufacture. Perhaps you have forgotten all those Russian arms that were left over from the Saddam Hussein regime?

<The Iraq war would never have happened if the Senate Democrats had not voted for the resolution for the war. If you feel the need to blame Bush, you should also feel the need to blame Kerry, Hillary, Biden. Reid et al. They ALL voted for war.>

I do blame them too, but the war was driven by Bush and the neocons. The rest were just along for the ride.

I do blame them too, but the war was driven by Bush and the neocons. The rest were just along for the ride.

There would have been no "ride" if the democrats had not voted for it along with the republicans. They deserve their share of responsibility.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

150 Australian citizens, former asylum seekers are over in Iraq fighting with ISIS. They are now deemed as a threat to National Security and will be arrested if they return to Australia. Lets hope they get their citizenship revoked so they can't return.

Sorry don't believe you. Please provide the source where it states the alleged 150 Oz citizens with ISIS were orginally asylum seekers.

Currently being considered that anyone joining extremists forces will have citizenship revoked only if they hold dual citizenship. Believe current law that an Oz citizen convicted of war fighting overseas would face up to 25 year prison sentence

I know you are extremely pro muslim asylum/immigrants into Australia but you can't possibly support these people once they get Australian permanent residency or citizenship going back to the countries they fled out of fear and fighting. If these low life cowards were so scared why go back and not simply stay originally. Sink every boat that tries to come to Australia with these low life terrorists

hahaha sink every boat.......trouble is a lot of people think like you.

The middle east is made up of a group of tribes and thats about it, crammed together with European meddling dating way back, its the law of the jungle fittest survive, Syria is a very good example and im so please the Russians thwart attempts by the allies to influence to any degree what is going on there.

The writing was on the wall the very first minute the allies powered there way into Afghanistan and Iraq, you didnt need to be a rhoad scholar to know once the Americans withdrew the place would ignite.

Reasons are many and its not purely religion and culture, the west has when it wanted for its own benefit to use a "warlord" a "strongman" there because thats how it has always been through out time.

Educating the people of the middle east close to western standards is more likely to bring about change than rolling tanks across the deserts every 20 years.

As for Israel its watched as its neighbors have slowly disintegrated around them to there advantage but this new threat if left unchecked could drag them sooner or later into a bloody and costly war of course the West wont allow this so what is the answer?

The answer has been put up by various groups including the clergy to form a united coalition, This united front wont need any more than allied equipment and air strikes of course the Iraqi PM will have to go, this will most probable if successful eventually see the break up of iraqi but what of Afghanistan?

• Like 2

The middle east is made up of a group of tribes and thats about it, crammed together with European meddling dating way back, its the law of the jungle fittest survive, Syria is a very good example and im so please the Russians thwart attempts by the allies to influence to any degree what is going on there.

The writing was on the wall the very first minute the allies powered there way into Afghanistan and Iraq, you didnt need to be a rhoad scholar to know once the Americans withdrew the place would ignite.

Reasons are many and its not purely religion and culture, the west has when it wanted for its own benefit to use a "warlord" a "strongman" there because thats how it has always been through out time.

Educating the people of the middle east close to western standards is more likely to bring about change than rolling tanks across the deserts every 20 years.

As for Israel its watched as its neighbors have slowly disintegrated around them to there advantage but this new threat if left unchecked could drag them sooner or later into a bloody and costly war of course the West wont allow this so what is the answer?

The answer has been put up by various groups including the clergy to form a united coalition, This united front wont need any more than allied equipment and air strikes of course the Iraqi PM will have to go, this will most probable if successful eventually see the break up of iraqi but what of Afghanistan?

Afghanistan will fall apart as soon as the Americans leave. The taliban are just waiting. A complete and utter waste of western lives and treasure.

So much for all the girls they claimed to be liberating.

The Americans should have pulled out as soon as they killed all the alqaida they could find.

No western power has ever conquered Afghanistan, but they never learn.

http://basnews.com/en/News/Details/Barzani-expected-to-ask-parliament-for-referendum-this-week/25298

Hawar Abdulrazaq

BasNews, Erbil

President Massoud Barzani is expected to ask Kurdish Parliament for a referendum on independence on Thursday.

A source in parliament who asked to remain anonymous has informed BasNews that Barzani will speak of the recent developments in Iraq and deliver what the source called a ‘historical’ speech regarding Kurdistan’s future.

Sooner the Kurds get out, the better for them

Consider Kurdistan independent already.

The sunnis and the shias will fight for the remains.

That will be a fight between saudi and Iran then. I hope the Americans are not obliged to join in on saudi's side.

Saudi Arabia deploys 30,000 soldiers to border with Iraq - al-Arabiya TV
(Reuters) - Saudi-owned al-Arabiya television said Saudi Arabia had deployed 30,000 soldiers to its border with Iraq on Thursday after Iraqi forces abandoned the area, but Baghdad denied pulling forces back and said it remained in full control of its frontier.

Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter, shares an 800-km (500-mile) desert border with Iraq, where Islamic State insurgents and other Sunni Muslim militant groups seized towns and cities in a lightning advance last month.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/07/03/uk-saudi-iraq-border-idINKBN0F80IP20140703

I don't believe that the Saudis are keen on hosting insurgents, joining the so-called caliphate, or having any of the mess sometimes funded by them

on their own grounds. That said, wonder if all of their rank and file troops subscribe to the same.

Edited by Morch

<The Iraq war would never have happened if the Senate Democrats had not voted for the resolution for the war. If you feel the need to blame Bush, you should also feel the need to blame Kerry, Hillary, Biden. Reid et al. They ALL voted for war.>

"The rest were just along for the ride."

Now that may be one of the most ridiculous attempts to spin history I have ever read.

By any chance do you work at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

Still the Americans wont come out and back the Kurds, at least in public, they must have forgot how much oil the Kurds have, and that its the only stable place in the region left, they should be bending over backwards to help them.

Iraq as a country is finished, wake up Yanks

ISIS is calling on Muslims everywhere to emigrate to where ISIS is - to build an Islamic State. It says Syria and Iraq no longer exist. It is setting up a caliphate with its mystery leader as head honcho.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28116846

In sum: ISIS is continuing the tradition of radical muslims: spreading misery as far and wide as they can.

Are we the same species of animal? I seriously wonder. One species, like me and people I know, want to try to make a better world. The other species, are intent on spreading as much harm and misery as possible.

Still the Americans wont come out and back the Kurds, at least in public, they must have forgot how much oil the Kurds have, and that its the only stable place in the region left, they should be bending over backwards to help them.

Iraq as a country is finished, wake up Yanks

That would upset the Turks, so they won't. Turkey is **** sdcared of the Kurds gaining a homeland and uniting with the Kurds in Turkey.

That would upset the Turks, so they won't. Turkey is **** sdcared of the Kurds gaining a homeland and uniting with the Kurds in Turkey.

No times have changed, the Kurds and Turkey are on good terms now, oil pipeline and oil exports though Turkey for one thing

http://www.businessinsider.com/turkey-may-support-independent-kurdistan-2014-7

No times have changed, the Kurds and Turkey are on good terms now, oil pipeline and oil exports though Turkey for one thing

http://www.businessinsider.com/turkey-may-support-independent-kurdistan-2014-7

From my limited perspective, I would lean to thaibeachlovers assessment. It looks almost inevitable that soon we'll be taking out the felt-tipped pens and re-configuring our atlases to include Kurdistan - taken from parts of Iraq and Turkey, and maybe even a few chunks of Iran. Of course, no country wants to lose any territory, so it could be mighty messy. Stay tuned. The blood-stained sand dunes known as the Middle East will witness a lot more misery.

The Americans should have pulled out as soon as they killed all the alqaida they could find.

Roger that. thumbsup.gif

The US was doing great when they only had small (ODA) teams and paramilitary advisors in Afghanistan. These were people that the Afghans could relate to and even follow. But following in the old traditional ways, the generals and colonels saw opportunity for career advanecment and the military contracting companies saw opportunity for profit and all was lost the moment the US sent traditional "boots on the ground" in Operation Rhino back in 2001. This has ghostly parallels with what happened in Laos where a small clandestine force orgainzed by some unlikely and relatively low level officers and operatives was replaced by a broader inititive run by generals out of Saigon, as told in Roger Warner's book Back Fire: The CIA's Secret War in Laos and Its Link to the War in Vietnam.

Roger that. thumbsup.gif

The US was doing great when they only had small (ODA) teams and paramilitary advisors in Afghanistan. These were people that the Afghans could relate to and even follow. But following in the old traditional ways, the generals and colonels saw opportunity for career advanecment and the military contracting companies saw opportunity for profit and all was lost the moment the US sent traditional "boots on the ground" in Operation Rhino back in 2001. This has ghostly parallels with what happened in Laos where a small clandestine force orgainzed by some unlikely and relatively low level officers and operatives was replaced by a broader inititive run by generals out of Saigon, as told in Roger Warner's book Back Fire: The CIA's Secret War in Laos and Its Link to the War in Vietnam.

Off topic, but a truly great book that covers the US/NATO war in Afghanistan, including interviews with senior military commanders, the policies / decisions that countered the initial successes is "War Against the Taliban" by Sandy Gall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/9042196/War-Against-theTaliban-by-Sandy-Gall-review.html

initial

Edited by simple1

I don't see a problem with the current ME situation as it stands now.

Look at it in a positive perspective.

So what if a few Muslim Country's have Muslim Fanatics killing Muslim Fanatics. &lt;deleted&gt; is wrong with that?

• Like 1

Roger that. thumbsup.gif

Never underestimate the power of senior officers to stuff it up. I always wonder what those American generals got chests full of medals for- certainly wasn't usually for actual combat. Remember that song "The old barbed wire"

I know where he is,

He's miles and miles behind the line,

I've seen him, I've seen him,

Miles and miles behind the line,

I've seen him,

Miles and miles and miles behind the line.

If you want to find the CO,

I know where he is, I know where he is.

If you want to find the CO,

I know where he is,

He's down in the deep dug-outs.

I've seen him, I've seen him,

Down in the deep dug-outs

I've seen him,

Down in the deep dug-outs.

So what if a few Muslim Country's have Muslim Fanatics killing Muslim Fanatics. <deleted> is wrong with that?

I can see your logic, up to a point. It's like if there were two packs of randy dogs patrolling the neighborhood. Inevitably, they would clash and fight. One pack would triumph, though its numbers might be lessened. It would then be the tougher pack and would go on procreating and increasing its numbers, plus other packs of dogs might join the toughened pack, and the newly added dogs would toughen up, due to influence of alpha dog pack.

In sum, regardless of which group of dogs are running around the Middle East, barking the loudest, and gang raping young girls, ....it's going to continue to be a mess for a many years. Shit's been hitting the fan there for at least 4,000 years, ....why should we expect things to get better - when now there are less resources and many more people on the same sandy god-forsaken real estate.

• Like 1

So what if a few Muslim Country's have Muslim Fanatics killing Muslim Fanatics. <deleted> is wrong with that?

That's probably what the pollies were saying about Afghanistan before 9/11.

The problem is that the fanatics will be killing us if they can get a secure training ground.

However, in Iraq there are no good sides. Help the Sunnis and end up with the same people that brought us alqaida, help the Shiites and end up with Iran.

That is my cunning plan...whistling.gif

Get all the cockroaches in one dark hiding place (secure training ground.) them send in the exterminators in the shape of a few tactical battlefield Nukes... thumbsup.gif

No need to worry about rotting dead bodies polluting the soil or ground water, just declare that area off limits for a few thousand years. Our boys don't even have to get their boots dirty. If drones are used then it is safer for the fly boys also......

If the cockroaches want a dirty bomb or a nuke then give then a few from 30,000ft or whatever the optimal operational ceiling is.

The religious fanatics issue can all be sorted in less time than it takes to make a nice hot cup of English tea.coffee1.gif

Plus it would make a hell of a movie. Plus a very realistic video game...

It could be entitled "Gone in Sixty Milliseconds"

I want my royalties if it happens...

Vote for me Vote for Security!smile.png

I can see your logic, up to a point. It's like if there were two packs of randy dogs patrolling the neighborhood. Inevitably, they would clash and fight. One pack would triumph, though its numbers might be lessened. It would then be the tougher pack and would go on procreating and increasing its numbers, plus other packs of dogs might join the toughened pack, and the newly added dogs would toughen up, due to influence of alpha dog pack.

In sum, regardless of which group of dogs are running around the Middle East, barking the loudest, and gang raping young girls, ....it's going to continue to be a mess for a many years. Shit's been hitting the fan there for at least 4,000 years, ....why should we expect things to get better - when now there are less resources and many more people on the same sandy god-forsaken real estate.

I like your analogy of dogs and pack mentality. I agree we are dealing with animals, at least you can train a dog not to bite its master, but its still needs a master.

What do you do with a rabid dog. Destroy it! Correct? Or it will infect other more placid trainable dogs.

Yes it has been going on in that sandpit for thousands of years and no end in sight. So now its time to put a stop to this insanity. See my previous post.

Even the Kurds are now attacking Iraqs oil fields , Isis is going to take baghdad , let the Iraqis protect themselves we have spent enough money on their country for such a poor result, only big oil and building contractors have benefited from our taxpayer dollars.

Even the Kurds are now attacking Iraqs oil fields , Isis is going to take baghdad , let the Iraqis protect themselves we have spent enough money on their country for such a poor result, only big oil and building contractors have benefited from our taxpayer dollars.

Given that the current situation only exists because the US and the "coalition of the ( un ) willing" created it, do not those responsible have a responsibility to sort it?