Malaysia MH370 jet hunt will move south, Australia says

Lite Beer

Malaysia MH370 jet hunt will move south, Australia says

The next phase of the hunt for missing Malaysian jet MH370 will move hundreds of miles south, officials have said.

The search will focus on an area 1,800km (1,100 miles) off the city of Perth, Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) chief Martin Dolan said.

Nearby areas were previously surveyed from the air, but the undersea hunt was directed north after pings were heard.

The jet vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on 8 March with 239 passengers on board.

Experts had hoped that the pings detected shortly after the plane vanished were from its flight-data recorders.

But after weeks of searching the ocean floor, it was concluded that the noises were unrelated to the plane.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27936167

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-06-20

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's paying for all this?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26927822

Thanks for that NS ... thumbsup.gif

As an Aussie, I'm cool with this.

The World wants answers, the most probable site is our (Aussies) back yard.

If we pay the most, that's OK.

Im sure if it went down in the Gulf of Mexico, the USA would step up to the plate.

Or the Irish Sea ... the UK.

• Like 2

Aside from the obvious need for additional closeure for the families there are equally important findings needed. Boeing, Rolls Royce, Malaysia Air Service, the aircraft owners/insurance for the aircraft. So a lot of people will probably contribute to the cost.

Jerry

Have they tried Diego Garcia yet?

I nearly typed Costa.....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Diego Garcia scenario is much too complex, too much room for error and unwanted witnesses. They simply shot it down - good and proper.

Edited by catweazle

The Diego Garcia scenario is much too complex, too much room for error and unwanted witnesses. They simply shot it down - good and proper.

Does "good and proper" mean that they shot it down all in one piece, so that there was no debris field...... or did they use the new secret 'vaporizing' weapon. Just want to know the rest of your theory.

Naa, what I meant was a nice, clean shot - perhaps I used the wrong words. Am tired, too much partying last night smile.png Hope I could clarify this to your satisfaction. Not that I'm not realising that you're just pulling my leg...

If you send the search parties in the wrong direction, they'll of course find no debris.

Edited by catweazle

There have been refuelling errors in the past. In 1983, an Air Canada 767 was refuelled incorrectly, du to a change from Imperial to Metric measurements. It ran out of fuel in the air, but the pilot (expertly) managed to glide it to a nearby airstrip, saving the plane and the passengers. MH370 may not have been so fortunatel.

Unbelievable how the whole world is been fooled over and over again by the people responsible for the "disappearance" of MH370. I hope that the victims' relatives will manage to get those 5m bucks together they want to offer to the one person blowing the whistle on this case. But I however fear that "the guys behind the curtain" had more than enough time by now to silence any possible whistleblowers and/or witnesses. Guess the true disappearance scenario has WW3 ignition potential, otherwise there would not have been such a massive and successful coverup operation.

Nice theory, but what proof have you, other than conjecture?

• Like 1

Unbelievable how the whole world is been fooled over and over again by the people responsible for the "disappearance" of MH370. I hope that the victims' relatives will manage to get those 5m bucks together they want to offer to the one person blowing the whistle on this case. But I however fear that "the guys behind the curtain" had more than enough time by now to silence any possible whistleblowers and/or witnesses. Guess the true disappearance scenario has WW3 ignition potential, otherwise there would not have been such a massive and successful coverup operation.

Nice theory, but what proof have you, other than conjecture?

Correct Jimjim. This incident has brought out enough conjectures to equal Amelia Earhart's disappearance.

Not in the Ocean..Why would a very experienced Pilot run a Plane out of fuel? He Landed someplace?

Because he was on a suicide / mass murder mission. He didn't land anyplace. He intentionally, and very adeptly ditched at sea leaving minimum debris, as was his intention.

How could a plane supposed to be headed north be 2-3 countries south of the flight path? How could radars of those countries 'miss' not seeing the plane?

You're partly right. Some radars, missed it, most notably Malaysia's. Well actually, Malaysia's military defense didn't 'miss seeing it' but they reacted like asleep at the wheel incompetents. Thailand's military radar saw it, but was also asleep at the wheel, and didn't make a mention until a week after the news broke.

No word from Indonesia re; radar, or anything else.

It appears clear that Malaysian authorities continue to withhold essential info.

Losing face is more important than losing a plane full of people.

There have been refuelling errors in the past. In 1983, an Air Canada 767 was refuelled incorrectly, du to a change from Imperial to Metric measurements. It ran out of fuel in the air, but the pilot (expertly) managed to glide it to a nearby airstrip, saving the plane and the passengers. MH370 may not have been so fortunatel.

Did the refueling error also turn off all communications and turn the plane around too?

• Like 2

This plane was enabled with anti-hijacking remote control. It is conceivable that they remotely flew it out to the southern Indian ocean and put it down as soft as possible to limit the debris field. And then sent in a cleanup crew for the floating bits.

From the other TVF thread in this mystery.
A new development in the MH370 investigation has placed further speculation on the plane's captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah.
( Moderators: should we consider consolidating rather than having 2 parallel threads? It's tough solving this thing already.)

Who's paying for all this?

It's in Australia's zone of responsibility for search and rescue, but since it has already cost $60M+, the Aust government has asked other countries to chip in. So I read a few weeks back.

It could conceivably be another year or two and that won't come cheap.

• Like 1

How could a plane supposed to be headed north be 2-3 countries south of the flight path? How could radars of those countries 'miss' not seeing the plane?

Sent from my LG-D505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The transponder (secondary radar) was switched off before the turn west

The primary radar 'paint' is only good to about 60 nautical moles, 100 kms, at best, so provided it didn't go closer than that, it wouldn't be 'seen'.

A Thai, or Malaysian (can't recall) military radar apparently did see it but took no action.

Edited by F4UCorsair