I am an addict.

Costas2008

While we're (almost) on the topic, are any of the canned coffees sugar free? Love the caffeine, could live without the sugar.

I mean the 10-20 baht ones, like Birdy or Nestle, not that Japanese black coffee that goes for 45 baht a can.

They are all laced with sugar, which is why I won't touch those ones.

So, now I know how to make my second $$$ million....

Go for it. My first million made my second million and so forth, Money makes money, now I'm left with all the others important decision such. as, where to or not to spend it ;)

tight fisted bar stard, I can be found drinking Thai coffee made in a sock ;)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be more concerned with your cholesterol level if I were you.

Just a thought.

EVERYTIME I get addicted to something new, someone like you comes along and kills the joy.

When I order my ice coffees now, I specify NO SUGAR, I get a few weird looks but it may help we'd off diabetes for a few more years.

So much <deleted> sugar in everything.

What about the condensed milk, Neverdie?

Is that diabetes friendly?

Hardly......lol.

There's a Heart attack in every can or tube of the &lt;deleted&gt;.

I have my coffee shops, in my coffee shops I have my gurls, they know how to make neverdie's coffee.

Costas, everything in moderation. I try to walk in the mornings and after lunch I bench press a Yamaha fino or two.

I like to swim and I'm within 30kgs of a healthy weight range ;)

• Like 1

I would be more concerned with your cholesterol level if I were you.

Just a thought.

Along with checking the cholestrol i would also suggest that you get your blood sugar checked.

Type 2 diabetes loves sugarry stuff

• Like 1

I always wanted to ask Costas, why he exchanged Greece and it's thousand of unique, beautiful islands with it's genuine "down to earth people" to a spot somewhere in the Isaan?

For sure it wasn't for the coffee.

Costas, spill your guts and don't be shy.

Cheers.

Nothing, so complicated, swissie.

At my age, you get fed up with the beautiful islands and landscapes, (seen them all) and get more interested in the young ladies in your bed, (not seen them all.....yet).

• Like 1

I must be a very lucky guy. Everybody I know and read about just cannot do without coffee. I just hate the stuff. Just like alcohol I hate the smell. So I never ever started drinking coffee or alcohol

Like I said. I must be a very lucky guy.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Firstly let me just say that man boobs can be useful during those time when the wife is not feeling particularly interested in sex. tongue.png

But if you are looking for a solution to your problem TV's most famous psychiatrist Bob Newhart has some very good advise that is sure to resolve your problem

[media]

[media]
  • Like 1

Dear Costas

Very sorry to hear of your dependency problems. From many trips to your homeland I do seem to remember that Greeks have a very sweet tooth.

However help is at hand- there was a serious scientific study ( Oxford University ) that discovered that half an hours ironing will negate the effects of one of those delicious but naughty coffees.

I only mention this as you are a self proclaimed Domestic Goddess

Regards Peter

• Like 1

I must be a very lucky guy. Everybody I know and read about just cannot do without coffee. I just hate the stuff. Just like alcohol I hate the smell. So I never ever started drinking coffee or alcohol

Good for you, I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I am still drinking alcohol and considering to quit that too. It's not to much of a big deal to me and the coffee part and lets bring in the Tee is not really a concern to me.

Good for you, I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I am still drinking alcohol and considering to quit that too. It's not to much of a big deal to me and the coffee part and lets bring in the Tee is not really a concern to me.

Have you considered Irish coffee? Kill two birds with one stonetongue.png

• Like 1

Firstly let me just say that man boobs can be useful during those time when the wife is not feeling particularly interested in sex. tongue.png

But if you are looking for a solution to your problem TV's most famous psychiatrist Bob Newhart has some very good advise that is sure to resolve your problem

[media]

[media]

LOVE IT.

Best advice so farthumbsup.gif

That calls for an iced coffee..............................

• Like 1

Dear Costas

Very sorry to hear of your dependency problems. From many trips to your homeland I do seem to remember that Greeks have a very sweet tooth.

However help is at hand- there was a serious scientific study ( Oxford University ) that discovered that half an hours ironing will negate the effects of one of those delicious but naughty coffees.

Regards Peter

Thank you so much for your advice and concern, Peter.

I do try my best..........but still, Nigella, is prettier and fatter than me.

I too was addicted but to the cold coffees at 7/11 and still get one every day when i am on holiday but I know they are full of sugar.

Costas I know Greeks love their coffee so if you are in Issan why not hop over to Laos. I went to the Bolavan Plateau and got probably the best coffee I have ever tasted its almost like medicinal with lovely shiny crystal like texture. Tip, get it from the waterfalls or even the market dont buy off any farang selling it by the roadside there you will pay 40% too much.

Living in Issan you must really miss the souvlakis, mousakka, saganaki cheese, olives, spanakopita etc Mediterranean food is food of the gods.

• Like 1

[media]

[media]

LOVE IT.

Best advice so farthumbsup.gif

That calls for an iced coffee..............................

actually if you poured a shot of JD in your iced coffee, after a few, you would be less concerned about your man boobs and more concerned about your wife's, the neighbors wife's and every other girl's that goes bylaugh.png

and with a few of those JD fortified coffees every girl you see would look pretty good.wink.png

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

I too was addicted but to the cold coffees at 7/11 and still get one every day when i am on holiday but I know they are full of sugar.

Costas I know Greeks love their coffee so if you are in Issan why not hop over to Laos. I went to the Bolavan Plateau and got probably the best coffee I have ever tasted its almost like medicinal with lovely shiny crystal like texture. Tip, get it from the waterfalls or even the market dont buy off any farang selling it by the roadside there you will pay 40% too much.

Living in Issan you must really miss the souvlakis, mousakka, saganaki cheese, olives, spanakopita etc Mediterranean food is food of the gods.

Loved your post, kinmaew.

I will take your advice and visit the Bolovan Plateau, in the near future.

Ahhhhhhhh.....you are so right.......I do miss real, good Greek food.

Living here, and eating Lao/Thai food, lost my sense of taste.

Seems to me, that they judge the taste of a dish, according to how many chilis has got in.

PS. Again, I run out of "likes", so please bare with me till tomorrow.

I issue a blank IOU, to all members.

• Like 1

Every time I drink this ice coffee here I got deharrera

Only when I make alone with my own coffee beans with freezed nestle water the side effects are gone !

That is not how you spell dire rear. Take it from someone who knows.

• Like 1

i have never understood getting addicted to coffee. I do like the taste with milk and sugar, but that makes most things taste good and black coffee is like medicine to me. I drink coffee to wake up in the morning and that is about it and if I drink it every day, I get headaches for a few days when I stop. To each his own I guess.

Some days I get into 5 all hot. Hot drinks cool the body, cold drinks make the body hot. In India everyone drinks hot tea to keep cool, Thais have not caught on yet more ice please.

• Like 2

Dear Costas

Regards Peter

Thank you so much for your advice and concern, Peter.

I do try my best..........but still, Nigella, is prettier and fatter than me.

Was not too sure if you would get the reference to Nigella- yes she is rather buxom.

Am quite sure when you were a young lad- a Greek God?

How many shirts have you managed to get through now?

I only started drinking coffee at 51 years this years (it used to drive me crazy in the head and I had a suspicion I don't have that gene that processes caffeine). My mother is a coffee aficionado and visits the best coffee places in town and I felt silly ordering tea after a while.

In regards to getting fat from it, I'm safe as I only drink black coffee - no sugar and certainly never any milk. Milk turns coffee from a metabolic kick starter into its opposite.

• Like 1

Me too but I'm also kind of addicted to the hot version "antique coffee" they call it where I am. They run the coffee through a muslin cloth etc and give a nice pot of green tea to top up. Love it but wow it's sweet!! I reckon if I was a bit more sedentary I'd be getting moobs and waterwing style arms that old biddies seem to enjoy!!!

• Like 1