Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I am a Registered Australian Migration Agent (MARN 1464995) permanently based in Thailand.

Given the interest in this topic I thought I would post some up to date info to help everyone who is waiting. This is information from early January 2015 direct from the embassy so is pretty up to date.

There is a quota system in place, and Thailand is allocated around 1400 visas per year. The Embassy tries to allocate the visas on a fist come first served basis to be fair. Complete applications will get approved earlier, incomplete applications may be delayed.

Normally a case officer is appointed within 24-48 hours, and they will send a letter acknowledging receipt of the application and providing the details for the health check requirements.

Then the case will generally be reviewed before the 16 week mark. Even if the application is complete and approved they are then queued in the order allocated and get released monthly in accordance with the quota, so approximately 120 a month.

The current processing time to complete the cycle is around 12 months.

I can also asssure you that the office is working efficiantly, I had a clients Tourist Visa processed in 24 hours this year already.

Below is an extract from an email I received today for a client.

Thank you for your e-lodgement application, File Number: XXX, for a visa subclass TO300 which we have received on 19/01/2015
Contact Details of Processing Office:
Australian Embassy, Bangkok
37 South Sathorn Road
Bangkok 10120
Thailand
Telephone: 02-672-3476
Your processing officer will contact you within approximately 16 weeks regarding any further documents which may be required. Please ensure that you quote your processing officer’s name and your file number when sending documents to this office.
The standard processing time for partner applications is 12 months. Please also note that applications which have been lodged without full and complete documentation may take longer to finalise.
Hope this helps everyone.
Simon Wetherell
MARN 1464995
www.immigrate-to-australia.com

So here's where in at ......

Wife is here on a tourist visa 12 month visa with max stay of 3 months at a time .

While the partner visa is being processed lodged 10/9/2014

Anyway the wife WAS pregnant was 30 weeks and we where due to go back to Thailand for a bit on the 1/2/15 as her first 3 month visit was going to be up on the 28/2/15

Anyway the baby came early

Real early

Baby Curtis was born at 04:53 am Australia Day ..... Aussie Aussie Aussie haha

Anyway he is 10 weeks premature and going to be in hospital for a while but he is doing just fine

Thought I should address the situation of the wifes visa pretty quick so I tried an online application for tourist visa extension applied 9:30pm 27/1/15 and got it granted at 3:00pm 28/1/15 she is able to stay until 27/11/2015 with no requirement to enter or exit the country . I'm really hailing the partner application is finalised and we can go to Thailand to pick that up befor then though haha .

They didn't even give me time to upload any supporting docs for the visa application they just granted it

Am stoked about everything

Bit of a surprise baby coming so quick but it has worked out fine .

For those of you wondering

Baby has gone into my private health cover immediately so no cost involved there . And have already applied for birth certificate and Medicare .

And the wifes total bill for hospital . $4200

Bangkok hospital in Korat quoted me $2300

So I'm not to upset

Cheers and happy days

Fress

• Like 2

So here's where in at ......

Wife is here on a tourist visa 12 month visa with max stay of 3 months at a time .

While the partner visa is being processed lodged 10/9/2014

Anyway the wife WAS pregnant was 30 weeks and we where due to go back to Thailand for a bit on the 1/2/15 as her first 3 month visit was going to be up on the 28/2/15

Anyway the baby came early

Real early

Baby Curtis was born at 04:53 am Australia Day ..... Aussie Aussie Aussie haha

Anyway he is 10 weeks premature and going to be in hospital for a while but he is doing just fine

Thought I should address the situation of the wifes visa pretty quick so I tried an online application for tourist visa extension applied 9:30pm 27/1/15 and got it granted at 3:00pm 28/1/15 she is able to stay until 27/11/2015 with no requirement to enter or exit the country . I'm really hailing the partner application is finalised and we can go to Thailand to pick that up befor then though haha .

They didn't even give me time to upload any supporting docs for the visa application they just granted it

Am stoked about everything

Bit of a surprise baby coming so quick but it has worked out fine .

For those of you wondering

Baby has gone into my private health cover immediately so no cost involved there . And have already applied for birth certificate and Medicare .

And the wifes total bill for hospital . $4200

Bangkok hospital in Korat quoted me $2300

So I'm not to upset

Cheers and happy days

Fress

Congrats!! Pretty cheap too, considering!

Best placw for him is in Australia, as a nurse it makes me happy to know he wasnt 10 weeks prem in Thailand :)

Great about the extension aswell. Hopefully your partner visa comes through soon for you all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations . You must be so happy .

We dont have the visit yet xen, i was just saying how over waiting we are!

Sorry I misunderstood. I must be projecting how happy i will feel when ( and i guess, if) ours come through .

Sorry I misunderstood. I must be projecting how happy i will feel when ( and i guess, if) ours come through .

I feel your pain & happiness when we get it. When did u apply xen?

we applied in July and so if it is 9 months approx for the verdict it will be April May for us. I think you are a little ahead of us.

we applied in July and so if it is 9 months approx for the verdict it will be April May for us. I think you are a little ahead of us.

Oh yes we applied 5th june. So we shouldnt be too much longer now!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Congrats!! Pretty cheap too, considering!

Best placw for him is in Australia, as a nurse it makes me happy to know he wasnt 10 weeks prem in Thailand smile.png

Great about the extension aswell. Hopefully your partner visa comes through soon for you all.

Congrats on the new baby! This points out what I was saying earlier, extenuating circumstances, including medical situations can jump you in the que. Another is impending contract start dates for employment, education course start dates etc... There is a fudge factor no matter what your agents and the like say. Like I said read your book, and read other visa classes as well.

Oz

Hi

Just recieved a email from co informing us that her health assessment is fine and she has passed the health evaluation but they would like us to fill out a form 815 and she will have to get a follow up medical within 28 days of arriving in australia . Any one else has something to do with this and what is the process from here .

She has been asked to do this as she is a carrier of hep b I would assume

Thanks

Matt

Great thread guys….

I am currently in the process of applying for a permanent residency visa for my wife and her 20 year old dependent daughter to Australia.

I am constantly overseas working so have engaged Siam Legal International in Bangkok to facilitate this process. I must say the consultant I used was not used to applications with dependents aged over 18 as she was unaware that the form 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over) was to be submitted as part of the application. I remind her after stumbling across the info online.

The wife will be a "shoe in" for a visa. She ticks all the boxes and I hope her daughter is too. I have supported her daughter through school and college and continue to support her now. My wife has travelled to Australia 3 times and I live in Thailand as an expat.

It looks like their visa applications will be submitted late this month or early next month so I will update everyone here with the progress as it moves forward.

I have gained some valuable information from this forum and particularly this thread ergo why I would like to "give back" so others can use the information to assist them in their partners visa applications.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Because it is end of the school year and we need to move our step son up into new school we too would like some indication ( before we spent a small fortune on fee and uniforms etc) but we have only received a "wait your Turn" email reply. I am not complaining as i understand we must wait our turn , that is only fair but at the same time we do need to make future plans. Frustrating indeed.

Because it is end of the school year and we need to move our step son up into new school we too would like some indication ( before we spent a small fortune on fee and uniforms etc) but we have only received a "wait your Turn" email reply. I am not complaining as i understand we must wait our turn , that is only fair but at the same time we do need to make future plans. Frustrating indeed.

When did u apply?

Last June so that it is almost 10 months .just behind you .

Oz Immi web site is currently stating 12 - 15 month processing time. I am assisting a friend in Oz, application submitted 04/14, few weeks ago rec'd email requesting some updated info.

Edited by simple1