Passports of Charupong and Jakrapob revoked

Lite Beer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Thailand has no extradition treaty with HK, after all the huffing and puffing with China over the past couple weeks one would think that it would be a matter of respect for each other that an extradition order could be sorted out , after all HK is only a S.A.R and is actually a part of China , that's what China told HK two weeks back, so China should be able to not only extradite Charupong but Thaskin as well , after all what are friends for, between Thailand and China they both emit so much B/S, air pollution is hard to find. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The miscreants should be returned to Thailand to face a court to address any charges being bought against them. I am sure the good General can find satisfactory accommodation for them.

Interesting that Thailand has no extradition treaty with HK, after all the huffing and puffing with China over the past couple weeks one would think that it would be a matter of respect for each other that an extradition order could be sorted out , after all HK is only a S.A.R and is actually a part of China , that's what China told HK two weeks back, so China should be able to not only extradite Charupong but Thaskin as well , after all what are friends for, between Thailand and China they both emit so much B/S, air pollution is hard to find. coffee1.gif

Probably a preference by past governments, given that a lot of Thai Baht is likely sent to HK

Edited by ChrisY1

Revoking the passports of people who are outside the country, no matter who they are and what they are charged with, is a fundamental abuse of human rights.

What's your problem? Do you agree with the dangerous shenanegans these two have been up to?

These two have been very naughty and why would Thailand want them swanning aroound the world on Thai passports stirring up trouble, attending terrorist education schools or continueing to evade Thai attempts to get them into court.

Any time they want to come back and deal with their judicial matters they just need to go to any Thai embassy and ask for a travel document. I am sure they will be faciitated immediately.

Hopefully the Govt will cancel Thaksin's inapropriately issued passport too. He can still use his Montenegro one but not continue to pass himself off as a Thai citizen in good standing.

• Like 2

now they can ask for political refugee status anywhere in the world.

with revoking their passports the junta lowered their own chances of extradition of a stateless person

They are not stateless. They are still Thai citizens and have the right to return home anytime they want to. I am sure Thailand will issue one way travel documents to facilitate that.

The US refuses to renew passorts of it';s citizens who have child maintenance owing. Other countries do similarly. No one would suggest this makes the person stateless.

note: Personally I consider the passport is only a document which confirms my citizenship and look on it as a right. It is up to the other countries to allow or disallow travel. This is not however how most countries see passports now.

• Like 1

with revoking their passports the junta lowered their own chances of extradition of a stateless person

Or following the laws of the land (ie UK) said person gets sent back to country of origin.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Politically motivated charges are seen in a completely different light.

The UK never sent Thaksin back to Thailand remember, the UK revoked his British visa only and asked him to stay away. When the Thailand government were trying to force Britain to extradite Thaksin back to Thailand and Britain refused.

Revoking the passports of people who are outside the country, no matter who they are and what they are charged with, is a fundamental abuse of human rights.

You mean revoking the passports of fugitive criminals who have broken the law by leaving the country illegally and continue to ignore summonses by the current legal royally endorsed military government . . . ? That's an abuse of human rights? Give me a break.

• Like 1

They are not stateless as you seem to think, but then thinking doesn't come easily to some. They, Charupong, Jakrapob et al, are always free return to Thailand along with any other Thai national who doesn't currently hold a Thai passport, if you're Thai, you're Thai and holding or not holding a passport doesn't change that fact.

• Like 1

What a load of rubbish.

• Like 2

As for extradition, no idea what most of the posters here are thinking,or not thinking! As already posted, the majority of countries consider his "crimes and punishment" politically motivated which of course it was a big factor.

You would have to prove that statement, can you?

There are two reasons anyone or any country would think that, the first is because of the great job Thaksins hired PR companies have done spreading the lie .

The other is money.

There are a whole raft of other charges waiting for him should he ever return, several of these charges involve others who will have to face the courts with him.

Those are all criminal charges and nothing to do with politics.

He will come back to Thailand....in a box.

• Like 2

Really! Why? The USA. UK and Australia have suggested they will do the same to extremists who travel abroad for terrorist activity.

• Like 1

Really! Why? The USA. UK and Australia have suggested they will do the same to extremists who travel abroad for terrorist activity.

Only really effective in keeping them from returning (unfortunately) if they have dual citizenship, if they are Yanks, Poms or Aussies by birth then cancelling their passport doesn't stop them returning to their home countries. If naturalised then there is a good case for cancellation and refusing re-entry into the respective countries.

However, I'm not really sure where a country stands in refusing a passport or travel documents to a native of the country -- can anyone comment re the laws on this point ?

Based on whose / which law would that be?

In most countries your passport remains the property of the government. Most countries will cancel passports of those they consider criminal fugitives. This does not render them stateless as some posters would have you believe. It does however make life somewhat complicated when trying to renew visas, obtain visas for different countries or travel.

I don't think any ex PTP MP or red shirt activist is going to be given VIP status in any country. They won't necessarily be kicked out but will find the constant battle will officialdom sapping.

Severe inconvenience at most.

Only really effective in keeping them from returning (unfortunately) if they have dual citizenship, if they are Yanks, Poms or Aussies by birth then cancelling their passport doesn't stop them returning to their home countries. If naturalised then there is a good case for cancellation and refusing re-entry into the respective countries.

However, I'm not really sure where a country stands in refusing a passport or travel documents to a native of the country -- can anyone comment re the laws on this point ?

I think the idea of revoking their passports is to prevent them moving around freely as they wish. If you are caught with a cancelled passport most countries will deport you to your native country. You would have to appeal and show reason why they shouldn't - political, religious or racial persecution, danger of violence and mistreatment, request asylum etc. It entangles you in what can be a long and often uncertain process.

Countries will have their own rules regarding the issuance of passports, and what they require from the applicant. I don't know about other countries but the Home Secretary can strip British citizenship off a naturalized citizen if necessary.

Wonder why they didn't revoke Thaksins passport at the same time as it was issued illegally, although I suppose it is a different situation.

Whatever, it needs to be withdrawn and investigated to see if it is in fact a diplomatic passport and if so on what basis.

The Ombudsman never got his question answered on that subject.

If it turned out to be a diplomatic passport then surely that we be a clear case of abusing power as well as acting illegally?

What possible justification could any government anywhere in the world have for issuing a diplomatic passport to a convicted criminal fugitive who also has 15 serious criminal charges waiting his return?

If this was the case, then clearly PTP must have been planning the whitewash from day 1; and planning to sweep all crimes - convictions and charges under the carpet forever.

Of course the foreign "journalists" will never ever report on these facts. After all, the Shins were democratically elected, just like Mr. Mugabe, Hun Set and the Korean kid.

Revoking a passport does not make someone a "stateless person". wink.png

Countries will be lining up to take them as stateless people. Lets hope its never the current government looking for refuge...options will be very limited

Again, they are not "stateless people" just because their passports are revoked.

Not sure how many mid to upper tier countries will be "lining up" to assist someone wanted in their home country for

OP:

illegal possession of war weapons

;)

Having a passport issued is a priveledge and NOT a right. The passport holder does not own the passport, the issuing government does and can permit or revoke the said passport.

No problem.

May they leave the Kingdom NEVER to return.

Best thing for Thailand

the point is if the world would want corrupt people unless they also are corrupt. these ones most likely do not have the financial status as Mr. T and I doubt Mr. T would carry them for long

Your making assumptions these people are guilty, being wanted and being guilty are not the same. Countries will be lining up to take them as stateless people. Lets hope its never the current government looking for refuge...options will be very limited

You are correct they are not the same.

How ever a person can be guilty and wanted at the same time. Just because a court has not made a decision that you are guilty does not mean you are innocent. If you are guilty you are guilty no matter what any one say's.

Example Hitler he was never tried in a court of law but was still guilty. Or closer to home Pol Pot was never tried in a court and found guilty. He was still guilty.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

The evidence supporting allegations of war crimes against Hitler and Pol Pot was overwhelming and incontrovertible and would undoubtedly have led to their conviction before a war crimes tribunal.

Unfortunately, Hitler escaped justice by committing suicide and efforts to bring Pol Pot to book were frustrated by the US and the other Western powers who (not for the first - or last - time) were being asked to destroy a Frankenstein monster they had helped create and nurture.

The alleged offences of the seven individuals whom the Thai junta wishes to bring before a military tribunal are hardly in the same league as the atrocities attributed to Hitler and Pol Pot. Moreover, despite rather one-sided Press coverage, it is debatable whether an incontravertible case has been made against all the dissidents - a number of whom deny any wrongdoing. .

Over decades, as Thailand has stumbled uncertainly towards democracy, human rights have remained tantalisingly fragile. Any encouragement of their further erosion is unlikely to be in the best interests of either the indigenous population - or those foreign residents fortunate enough to be their honoured guests.

the point is if the world would want corrupt people unless they also are corrupt. these ones most likely do not have the financial status as Mr. T and I doubt Mr. T would carry them for long

Your making assumptions these people are guilty, being wanted and being guilty are not the same. Countries will be lining up to take them as stateless people. Lets hope its never the current government looking for refuge...options will be very limited

Do you both understand what a stateless person is?

Hint, cancelling a passport does not make a person stateless.

Also where are these countries that are lining up to take stateless people.

Maybe my understanding of stateless person is wrong but I believe there are many living in Burma.

Why don't those countries that are lining up to take stateless people take them?

You are correct they are not the same.

How ever a person can be guilty and wanted at the same time. Just because a court has not made a decision that you are guilty does not mean you are innocent. If you are guilty you are guilty no matter what any one say's.

Example Hitler he was never tried in a court of law but was still guilty. Or closer to home Pol Pot was never tried in a court and found guilty. He was still guilty.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

The evidence supporting allegations of war crimes against Hitler and Pol Pot was overwhelming and incontrovertible and would undoubtedly have led to their conviction before a war crimes tribunal.

Unfortunately, Hitler escaped justice by committing suicide and efforts to bring Pol Pot to book were frustrated by the US and the other Western powers who (not for the first - or last - time) were being asked to destroy a Frankenstein monster they had helped create and nurture.

The alleged offences of the seven individuals whom the Thai junta wishes to bring before a military tribunal are hardly in the same league as the atrocities attributed to Hitler and Pol Pot. Moreover, despite rather one-sided Press coverage, it is debatable whether an incontravertible case has been made against all the dissidents - a number of whom deny any wrongdoing. .

Over decades, as Thailand has stumbled uncertainly towards democracy, human rights have remained tantalisingly fragile. Any encouragement of their further erosion is unlikely to be in the best interests of either the indigenous population - or those foreign residents fortunate enough to be their honoured guests.

We both agree that I am right . You just want to compare the size of their crimes. As you say there is no comparison between the two but the underlying fact is the same they are all guilty just not recognized in a court of law.

Edited by northernjohn

And the problem is..........? It seemed to work in keeping "our man in Dubai" well away from LOS! wink.pngwai.gif

None of these guys passports being revolted surprise me. They are dangerous criminals. Mr Charupong said "10 million guns were registered in Thailand. “These are guns for self-defense,”. He went on to say “If anyone underestimates the power of the people, you’ll know about it. I believe that we must be prepared to enter a decisive situation.

Dr Weng of course defended his speech saying his statement at the red shirts' meeting that referred to 10 million guns owned by Thais was a warning against the use of violence in preventing a military coup but did not threaten any group, but then Dr Weng also said the UDD protestors went to the AEAN Summit in Pattaya to ensure peace and to facilitate that peace they stormed the summit with weapons.

One must respect the Junta's foresight and judgement in revoking the passports of these criminals. I wonder if Dr Weng will storm the NCPO headquarters with war weapons to peacefully ask the Junta to reconsider.

That is PTP logic right there.

Well done to the Right Honorable General Prayuth for taking a stand against criminals and overseas terrorist cells that want to harm Thailand and it's people.

Is this satire? It should be.

Could well be satire but is also 100% true.

Related to this overreaching of the Junta beyond Thailand's borders, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office just put out this statement, through the British Embassy in Bangkok:

"The UK is committed to freedom of speech and defends the right of individuals to express their views without the threat of intimidation or harassment. We have discussed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok and the Thai Embassy in London. We have made clear that we will not tolerate attempts to enforce Thai military decrees in the UK that are aimed at preventing freedom of expression."

Presumably that "freedom of speech" doesn't extend to:

OP:

wink.png

Hmmm - possession of war weapons when and where? Jakrapob was last here in 2009? Why wasn't he charged back then?

Most countries would consider charges like this to be politically motivated, given the impeccably convenient timing, to be politically motivated.

As an aside, it's ironic that Thailand, with all its freedoms, used to be a place to run to and flee persecution for dissidents and various other groups from neighbouring countries. Now people are heading in the opposite direction.

How times have changed. wink.png

• Like 1

Related to this overreaching of the Junta beyond Thailand's borders, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office just put out this statement, through the British Embassy in Bangkok:

"The UK is committed to freedom of speech and defends the right of individuals to express their views without the threat of intimidation or harassment. We have discussed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok and the Thai Embassy in London. We have made clear that we will not tolerate attempts to enforce Thai military decrees in the UK that are aimed at preventing freedom of expression."

Presumably that "freedom of speech" doesn't extend to:

OP:

wink.png

Hmmm - possession of war weapons when and where? Jakrapob was last here in 2009? Why wasn't he charged back then?

Most countries would consider charges like this to be politically motivated, given the impeccably convenient timing, to be politically motivated.

As an aside, it's ironic that Thailand, with all its freedoms, used to be a place to run to and flee persecution for dissidents and various other groups from neighbouring countries. Now people are heading in the opposite direction.

How times have changed. wink.png

He didn't have to be here to facilitate the storage of war weapons, for example, a certain fugitive criminal was up till a few weeks ago running the country - when did he leave?

• Like 2

The charges against Thaksin were politically motivated, most countries of the world agreed that was the case, including Interpol. So why do so many so called farang residents disagree with the rest of the world.

Fame was Thaksin's downfall not corruption, he became the most famous man in the land and of course that couldn't be, so he had to be removed. The plot was to exile him but he just would not stay quiet, so the powers that are threw charges at him, again hoping to shut him up but Thaksin keep fighting back. The courts were told to give him a jail sentence with the idea of turning him into a criminal but even that didn't work because the western governments and their police saw it was all BS.

I admire Thaksin because he has never given in to the elite and never will.

He was charged, found guilty, but failed to make the court appearance for sentencing. There are other charges against him which can carry much more severe penalties. I suppose when he got off on the asset concealment case that was not "politically motivated". Do you have any other interesting role models?

I wonder why Mr T has not had his passport revoked? For those that have I suppose it is to try & restrict their movements in order that they may be forced to return home & face the charges. Like Mr T they must feel they are guilty as charged.

So why will no police force or government arrest this obnoxious criminal? Not even Interpol are interested! He was found guilty and given a jail term because the courts were order to make it so, blind man.

Simple because no request from the standing government at time was made to interpol , and in some respects it was a smart move, bring him back in handcuffs and his blind faithful would have been stirring the pot to get him released from jail, better keeping him out the country at arms length, he could do less damage to Thailand that way

So yes some people are so blind

Correct, some people are so blinded by the red glasses they wear they can't see the truth 1" in front of their eyes.

None of these guys passports being revolted surprise me. They are dangerous criminals. Mr Charupong said "10 million guns were registered in Thailand. “These are guns for self-defense,”. He went on to say “If anyone underestimates the power of the people, you’ll know about it. I believe that we must be prepared to enter a decisive situation.

Dr Weng of course defended his speech saying his statement at the red shirts' meeting that referred to 10 million guns owned by Thais was a warning against the use of violence in preventing a military coup but did not threaten any group, but then Dr Weng also said the UDD protestors went to the AEAN Summit in Pattaya to ensure peace and to facilitate that peace they stormed the summit with weapons.

One must respect the Junta's foresight and judgement in revoking the passports of these criminals. I wonder if Dr Weng will storm the NCPO headquarters with war weapons to peacefully ask the Junta to reconsider.

That is PTP logic right there.

Well done to the Right Honorable General Prayuth for taking a stand against criminals and overseas terrorist cells that want to harm Thailand and it's people.

Is this satire? It should be.

You can't make up anything anymore regarding the PTP. They are a satire of themselves. All I am doing is documenting it.

Toot, Toot!

• Like 1