Central |Through Way Mess?

RawaiPlaBoyz

Has anyone noticed construction on that project has all but stopped????????

I have heard from a reasonable source that Thai Italy has pulled out until the materials issues has been resolved.. the issue seems to be meeting of contract standards!

Has anyone else knowledge on the matter!

Some days I do not see any workers but other days they are there. However, the finishing for this one & on nearly all construction projects such as homes, seem to drag out forever as the contractor has already used the money for something other than the actual contract. At the rate it is going now I cannot see it being finished in October. They are certainly not multitasking. There is no work being done on the intersection shambles which could be happening in tandem with the approaches & underground works.

I wonder if the good general will look into this project.

Yes i saw them too they working "hard", but I guess the Thai way of working is hardly comparable with the European or US standards wai2.gif

Little late (few months) is "mai pen rai" here. It will be ready when it really done... We have to be happy at least they keep trying thumbsup.gif

Hi Big Don !

Yes, truly miss your 4th of July BBQ's, you holding court in the Longhorn Saloon and Chai Dee chasing after the Muslims.

Went through there last night coming back from the airport. the road now just past the big Tesco going toward Central Festival a complete mess. Totally dangerous for all on bikes (I was in a taxi). Sure hope they get that cranked back up as just as the OP states, "a complete mess".

RIP:

Taco Jim

Frank V

Black Jack

et al

• Like 1

Preparation work for the roads into the tunnels definitely ongoing over the past few days, just a smaller crew than before as they don't need the hundreds they had in earlier stages of construction I guess.

The gravel u-turn section about midway between Central and Big C is now gone, as are the huts. Earthworks underway right through that area now.

Tesco intersection now a complete shambles, but still early days there yet!

Yes, PROGRESS. As of 0855 today there were allot of workers. Top whom do we owe the progress. It wasn't "Rocket Science" no pun. As to the 4th as of now the old lands party have not been out done, to say the least. Sans BBQ Ribs on the 4th..Tis not the days of Don! We have lost the three good rib joynts.. I'm no a restaurateur but I bet one could get some seats full

whilst we are waiting for the bypass to finish!

Hi Big Don !

Yes, truly miss your 4th of July BBQ's, you holding court in the Longhorn Saloon and Chai Dee chasing after the Muslims.

Went through there last night coming back from the airport. the road now just past the big Tesco going toward Central Festival a complete mess. Totally dangerous for all on bikes (I was in a taxi). Sure hope they get that cranked back up as just as the OP states, "a complete mess".

RIP:

Taco Jim

Frank V

Black Jack

et al

I went through there this afternoon after 5 PM, it was better than I'd seen it lately. Didn't know about Taco Jim, when did that happen? Black Jack was a great guy, Lionel too. By the way Don, our friend David Z passed a few weeks ago. The ranks are thinning...

Hi Big Don !

RIP:

Taco Jim

Frank V

Black Jack

et al

I went through there this afternoon after 5 PM, it was better than I'd seen it lately. Didn't know about Taco Jim, when did that happen? Black Jack was a great guy, Lionel too. By the way Don, our friend David Z passed a few weeks ago. The ranks are thinning...

Hi Jimi,

I also forgot Lil John, small in stature huge in personality and heart, another guy I'll miss seeing around.

Taco Jim went into some type of toxic shock or had a stroke (info I received sounded like one of these) and passed on. Will miss the harmonica. RIP to both.

• Like 1

Hi Big Don !

RIP:

Taco Jim

Frank V

Black Jack

et al

Hi Jimi,

I also forgot Lil John, small in stature huge in personality and heart, another guy I'll miss seeing around.

Taco Jim went into some type of toxic shock or had a stroke (info I received sounded like one of these) and passed on. Will miss the harmonica. RIP to both.

I am sure Little John with his booming voice would have had plenty to say about the shambles at Central & Lotus intersections. I understand there is a plan to bring his ashes back to Phuket & scatter them at Laem Promthep (as per his wishes) around Xmas time.

Is Texas John the directional driller (another denizen of Don's) still around?

Edited by Valentine

Hi Big Don !

RIP:

Taco Jim

Frank V

Black Jack

et al

Hi Jimi,

I am sure Little John with his booming voice would have had plenty to say about the shambles at Central & Lotus intersections. I understand there is a plan to bring his ashes back to Phuket & scatter them at Laem Promthep (as per his wishes) around Xmas time.

Is Texas John the directional driller (another denizen of Don's) still around?

Not sure I was/am familiar with Texas John (??), but please keep me in the loop for Little John's thing in December. Thx Valentine, GOM

When I went past the Central Underpass just before 0900 today it was a hive of road building industry on both sides .

Unfortunately approaching the Tesco corner a bit further on I came to a complete halt outside Index. It took more than forty minutes to cover the next couple of hundred yards! They had sandwiched 3 peak hour lanes of traffic into one as they hot mixed the curb side lane. I was already running late for a couple of doctor's appointment at Bangkok Hospital and that completely stuffed up my day. By the time I had finished with doctors and various procedures it was after 1730, just in time to sit in traffic all the way home!! angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

When I went past the Central Underpass just before 0900 today it was a hive of road building industry on both sides .

Unfortunately approaching the Tesco corner a bit further on I came to a complete halt outside Index. It took more than forty minutes to cover the next couple of hundred yards! They had sandwiched 3 peak hour lanes of traffic into one as they hot mixed the curb side lane. I was already running late for a couple of doctor's appointment at Bangkok Hospital and that completely stuffed up my day. By the time I had finished with doctors and various procedures it was after 1730, just in time to sit in traffic all the way home!! angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

Why would you take that route from Chalong? You should have gone via Chao Fah East and through Phuket Town (hind-side 20/20).

Why would you take that route from Chalong? You should have gone via Chao Fah East and through Phuket Town (hind-side 20/20).

I know I stated that I went down the West road, but in actual fact, these days I am the very nervous passenger, and get little say in the routing of these journeys.

I have suggested we go down the East road, but have been told She doesn't like going that way.

• Like 1

I drove Chalong to Bangkok hospital return at least twice a day for nearly 2 months while my daughter was in intensive care and can assure you that the route via lotus is far quicker barring exceptional circumstances.

• Like 1

I drove Chalong to Bangkok hospital return at least twice a day for nearly 2 months while my daughter was in intensive care and can assure you that the route via lotus is far quicker barring exceptional circumstances.

Yes, it works fine outside of peak hour, and when the construction idiots don't decide to close down the traffic to move a crane, or paint a line or dig a small hole in the middle of the main traffic lane.

Unfortunately, we've been caught in jams far too often.

I know I stated that I went down the West road, but in actual fact, these days I am the very nervous passenger, and get little say in the routing of these journeys.

I have suggested we go down the East road, but have been told She doesn't like going that way.

I nearly always go the east road to Phuket Town except if I need to go to Makro or Big C - then I take the west road to Muang Chao Fah road (Shell/Honda) and take the (newish) short-cut that comes out opposite Bang Yai road (Big C back road).

It's easy to turn left to Makro, but quite exciting going straight across to Big C as there aren't any traffic lights going that way! ph34r.png

Same route coming back - avoid the Central road works.

I nearly always go the east road to Phuket Town except if I need to go to Makro or Big C - then I take the west road to Muang Chao Fah road (Shell/Honda) and take the (newish) short-cut that comes out opposite Bang Yai road (Big C back road).

It's easy to turn left to Makro, but quite exciting going straight across to Big C as there aren't any traffic lights going that way! ph34r.png

Central road works are always a breeze through these days, it is the Tesco intersection that is bad, worse than Central has been in my memory.

That junction is quite dangerous. I thought there were traffic lights there but not being used yet.

• Like 1

They have been doing a lot of work at night, which is unusual - they were re-sealing sections of the road either side of the main construction area directly adjacent to Tesco over the past few nights.

Daytime seems hit and miss as you have noticed :)

That junction is quite dangerous. I thought there were traffic lights there but not being used yet.

That's what a friend of mine said, so I looked hard but didn't see any working or not working! But there are some in the other direction - coming out of Bang Yai road.

Photos as of this afternoon from the pedestrian overpass, one looking north towards Tesco, the other looking south.

Preparation for roadworks underway...

attachicon.gifCentral Roadworks - North.jpg

attachicon.gifCentral Roadworks - South.jpg

Pic looking North clearly showing all the drains that many posters were trying to say were 'lacking' in the project earlier in the construction...also see but not so clearly in other pic...

Edited by andreandre