whats the duty/tax on imported supplements?

razorramone

9 hours ago, Puccini said:

Does Thailand's customs tariff code in fact have an item called "supplements"? I always thought that what we call supplements are categorised as either medicine or food, depending on the FDA classification.

There is indeed no category for nutritional supplements.

There is a "pharmaceutical" category (requiring import license) and various food categories.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

To help others, here's my receipt: 

If it would only be the Customs Duty it would've been "worth it" but with all the fee's added up, I'm somewhat reluctant to do this again. It's not a huge hit to the wallet since supplements are so over-the-top expensive in Thailand and so affordable in Europe (lots of milking cows? ???? ) 

And yes, I concur on the iHerb idea above. I had 3-4 shipments from iHerb and another American store I can't remember now entering completely without Taxes/Vat. Actually, it was that experience that made me a bit cocky I could work this through. 

Anyways, please be informed and don't flame. Bless 

2103149166_2022-01-1110_54_40-Window.png.18e8aff4fc9c7964e2c6c45fddce6bd4.png

On 12/31/2021 at 8:55 AM, ArcticFox said:

Buy from iHerb<dot>com.

Keep you total purchase under $46 and there are no duties.  Yeah, you'll have to make multiple orders but you'll save money.

I am more than halfway through a bottle costing 39 dollars from iHerb, and expect to go through it before I go home. Shipping 11.59$.

Would I trip the customs monster? I have searched Lazada and Shopee in vain.

3 hours ago, goldmagpie said:

I am more than halfway through a bottle costing 39 dollars from iHerb, and expect to go through it before I go home. Shipping 11.59$.

Would I trip the customs monster? I have searched Lazada and Shopee in vain.

iHerb are virtual genuises when it comes to avoiding customs duties and clearly are familiar with Thai regs and practices. . If you try to order more than isl ikley to  go through it triggers an error message.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

iHerb are virtual genuises when it comes to avoiding customs duties and clearly are familiar with Thai regs and practices. . If you try to order more than isl ikley to  go through it triggers an error message.

When I got that far, the time they quoted as my shipment arriving was too close to when I leave. I should have ordered before.