Thai PayPal with Kasikorn - Should she delete her USA PayPal?

I have a Thai friend who is having trouble with getting her Kasikorn working with PayPal. She currently has PayPal tied to a USA bank, but is back in Thai now.

1 -Should she delete her previous PayPal? Or can she add a Thai bank account to the current PayPal account? She wants to use her current email address with the Thai PayPal account.

2 -What would be the exact steps for her to connect? I have found some old threads from 2012. Anyone can give updated steps? I believe she wants to be able to receive money as well as a seller.

Regards and thanks for help with this.

Edited by happysanook

Just to be clear. I would recommend keeping the USA Paypal account linked to the USA bank account and open another PayPal in Thailand and link that to Kasikorn. Just get a Gmail or Yahoo email address. You cannot use the same email for both PayPal accounts.

Just to be clear. I would recommend keeping the USA Paypal account linked to the USA bank account and open another PayPal in Thailand and link that to Kasikorn. Just get a Gmail or Yahoo email address. You cannot use the same email for both PayPal accounts.

Correct. It becomes important if you are buying off of Ebay since many sellers will only ship to your "PayPal " address, this way she would be covered in both places

1 -Should she delete her previous PayPal? Or can she add a Thai bank account to the current PayPal account? She wants to use her current email address with the Thai PayPal account.

She cannot change countrys on her USA Paypal account so she would not be able to add her Thai Bank account to her USA account as the Thai card will have a Thai address

Tell her to get a Bangkok Bank B1ST account, the card from this works on the net and will allow her to set up a new Paypal account, maybe the Kasikorn card does not work on the net so that is why she is having problems? I had the same issue myself 8 years ago

She cannot change countrys on her USA Paypal account so she would not be able to add her Thai Bank account to her USA account as the Thai card will have a Thai address

Tell her to get a Bangkok Bank B1ST account, the card from this works on the net and will allow her to set up a new Paypal account, maybe the Kasikorn card does not work on the net so that is why she is having problems? I had the same issue myself 8 years ago

I use to have my Bangkok Bank Be1st debit card as a source of payment on my U.S. PayPal account and used it once to pay for an Ebay buy...and of course it incurred a foreign transaction fee. But when I had my Be1st debit card replaced due to damage, which means I got a new debit card number also, I never did add that one to PayPal and just deleted the previous one especially since I had several other cards for sources of payment.