NACC unable to prevent former Prime Minister Yingluck from leaving the country

webfact

NACC unable to prevent former Prime Minister Yingluck from leaving the country

BANGKOK, 18 July 2014 (NNT) - The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has firmly declared that it does not have the power to prevent former premier Yingluck Shinawatra from leaving the country.

Former premier Yingluck was granted permission on July 17th to leave Thailand, for a scheduled trip to Europe from July 20th to August 14th, by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). According to the NCPO, Ms. Yingluck has not defied any orders of the Army and has not been politically active since the military takeover in a coup.

NACC member Vicha Mahakhun also stated the NACC does not have the authority to force Ms. Yingluck to cancel such a trip, even though it had been alleged she was guilty of dereliction of duty by failing to prevent tremendous losses in the previous government’s rice-pledging program.

Mr. Vicha said that the case will be forwarded to the Supreme Administrative Court for consideration by next week. Questions remain as to whether the former premier would return to Thailand to fight the charges after her trip to Europe ends.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-18 footer_n.gif

"NACC unable to prevent former Prime Minister Yingluck from leaving the country"

A military junta with no power or am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. The article was referring to the NACC, not the NCPO.

Ohh, missed that, you are corect.

Yingluck attacks NACC's 'discrimination'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday released a statement, attacking the National Anti-Corruption Commission for its discriminatory practices in the rice-pledging case.

She questioned if the NACC's enquiry process meets international standards. "It took only 21 days to notify me of the charges and within 140 days, it resolved that I'm guilty as charged - something that has never happened in never other cases."

She also noted that NACC chose to hear witnesses who are her opponents. The resolution was also reached without waiting for the completion of the rice stock check.

The NACC reached its judgement on Thursday.

She denied that she planned to escape legal prosecution in the rice-pledging case, saying she planned her Europe trip long before the anti-graft agency decided to prosecute her.

In her press statement, Yingluck said the trip was personal.

"I am now an ordinary people and I should have the same rights as all Thais. I hereby affirm that I will not abandon Thais and will be ready to return to Thailand," her statement read.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-attacks-NACCs-discrimination-30238859.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-18

I would guess more that this situation is just to make her scared and run away and with that automatically proof her guilt. What prosecutor will tell a suspect before it goes on holiday abroad where it could easily given asylum (under the circumstances) that they found out already that she is guilty and only has no power to let her go now but probably arrest her when she comes back.

This is so implausible this could be easy as story for a soap opera tongue.png

• Like 1

She also noted that NACC chose to hear witnesses who are her opponents. The resolution was also reached without waiting for the completion of the rice stock check.

Maybe she has not considered the possibility that the NACC may already have heaps of evidence to press ahead for prosecution... everything coming along the way will just be a bonus.

Seems to me that all the failings they pointed to did not include the missing rice from stockpiles, so that can be added later.

I am so happy today.

At the very worst, she is gone and never to return.

At best, 10 years in the clapper and hopefully penned into a cage with 50 women some of whom are offspring of previously unpaid rice farmers.

Edited by lostsoul49

I repeat what I said in the other topic on the same subject :

Let's just say the length of time the case takes could be directly proportional to how strong the evidence is. Nuff said ! Now stop whining and get on with the case, try to defend yourself or run away, don't care either way...

I thought the NACC had been investigating this for about 2 years now.

Ah, but you are thinking of reality.

Not the lala version of history written by the Shins.

Still claiming any decision they don't like is unfair and politically motivated and whining because their usual delaying tactics haven't worked.

The chances of coming back remote, more likely forming up with the other on the run reprobates and declaring a government in exile (would that be caretaker in exile?). No doubt they will arrange an amnesty for the fugitive as the government in exile and Amsterdam will claim Dr. T is the real leader of all 'free" Thais.

The circus goes on.

She will be back, someday has to elections and they will have finger in the pie. The Junta cannot be seen to stop freedom of movement to an ousted democratic leader other wise would be seen as the new Myanmar. Sure the Junta doing a great job domestically but the outside world not so impressed.

I'm hoping that when she gets to the airport with her 20 or so bags, they are thoroughly checked. I doubt she's coming back. coffee1.gif

Yeap bit like the monk with his own Lear jet who left with millions in the bank.Corruption every where.

http://privatejetdaily.com/201306183786/latest/controversial-youtube-video-shows-monks-traveling-lavishly-in-a-private-jet.html

well i dont understand nothing! for everybody, there where a coup d'etat in thailand, and the democracy was finished under the military junte, so how is it possible they can not do what is right to do ..in that case.....forget about all law aprouved before and judge her for what she did on real prouves! thats it.

or is she still a vip person to andle with care like a barby doll and because she is rich and from the chinawatra clan, she can go on holiday to complot with her brother....and come back or not to avoid complications..!

coffee1.gif

What cracks me up, very funny, is the rice missing -- the 19 gazillion tons -- led to the arrest of an army private and sergeant. Not a cop, not a PTP MP, but army. Now come the mumbles...watermelon soldiers... ad nauseum.

Things are not what they seem. There is no plucky white knight, even if the sodden grey lord dons saffron and bows to the Buddha and he forgets his own foul rubber deals. There is no vile henchmen responsible for Thailand's woes and whores.

It's all just Thainess. Picking a side in this is like choosing between Jack the Ripper and Typhoid Mary.

Go on Yellow ranters, keep up the unheard applause. And go on red sympathizers, democracy is a failed experiment here.

Your audience is deaf, and you are masturbating verbally.

"NACC unable to prevent former Prime Minister Yingluck from leaving the country"

A military junta with no power or am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. The article was referring to the NACC, not the NCPO.

Ohh, missed that, you are correct.

Tooooo many acronyms in Thailand. LOA. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

If the NCPO and NACC really wanted to keep her here, all they have to do is issue another urgent " order " preventing any travel outside Thailand by YL, her family members, or any of the others that may be implicated in the Rice Pledge Scheme, or any other Government scheme that is under scrutiny.

Trying to save the face of Thailand, and not thinking the big picture me thinks.

If she is allowed to travel, and does not return, Thailand will be persieved as a laughing stock around the whole world.

I thought the NACC had been investigating this for about 2 years now.

Ah, but you are thinking of reality.

Not the lala version of history written by the Shins.

Still claiming any decision they don't like is unfair and politically motivated and whining because their usual delaying tactics haven't worked.

The chances of coming back remote, more likely forming up with the other on the run reprobates and declaring a government in exile (would that be caretaker in exile?). No doubt they will arrange an amnesty for the fugitive as the government in exile and Amsterdam will claim Dr. T is the real leader of all 'free" Thais.

The circus goes on.

And if she returns voluntarily next month as she has promised will you apologise for this ignorant tripe? Somehow I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand