US chides Russia over Ukraine plane crash

webfact

US chides Russia over Ukraine plane crash

WASHINGTON - The United States said Thursday that Russia's support for separatists in Ukraine created the conditions in which a Malaysian airliner was apparently shot down with the loss of nearly 300 people.

Washington also demanded an "unimpeded" international inquiry into the disaster and warned evidence among scattered debris, on an escalating civil war battlefield in Ukraine, should not be tampered with.

The White House response to the tragedy was a clear rebuttal to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s charge that Ukraine’s crackdown on separatist rebels stoked tensions that led to the crash.

"While we do not yet have all the facts, we do know that this incident occurred in the context of a crisis in Ukraine that is fueled by Russian support for the separatists, including through arms, materiel, and training," the White House said in a statement.

In calls with pro-Western Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, President Barack Obama put down an early marker on the necessary conditions for an air accident investigation that will have to take place in the middle of an escalating civil war.

More than 150 Dutch citizens are believed to be among the dead when the Malaysia Airlines jet crashed. US officials said the jet was hit by a surface-to-air missile but could not say who launched the attack and from where.

The White House said that Obama told Rutte the United States was prepared to contribute "immediate assistance" for "a prompt, full, credible and unimpeded international investigation."

Obama and Rutte also agreed on the need for "immediate access" to the site of the crash in territory held by pro-Russia separatists, the statement said.
AFP

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/US-chides-Russia-over-Ukraine-plane-crash-30238844.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-18

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While they are right there needs to be a thorough investigation it remains to be seen just how impartial it can be with the vested interests involved.

However the US needs to be careful on this one as there will be memories that go back to 1988 and another commercial airliner that was shot down.

Surprise surprise, yet US has no comment on Ukrainian military shelling Russian civilians, hospitals and schools

If they dont like it they can go back to russia. It is not their country

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perfect example of total and utter ignorance.

• Like 1

Chiding is mild compared to how this is developing.

attachicon.gifputinswar.jpg

At this point, it is critical for the world to resist the obvious effort of Putin to own this investigation.

Any conclusion made by Putin's dictatorship will be predictable and completely worthless.

The propaganda is going to be thrown around so much by all sides that no objective person will know what to believe without access to inside knowledge.

A country with so much blood on it's hands, that created a far more unsafe world with it's ridiculous War on of Terror. A country that has one of the most corrupt election systems, preaching to the world about Democracy; one the supplies weapons to murous countries with dubious human rights records. Really couldn't make it up.

Anti-Americanism. The gift that keeps on giving. I think this thread is about a current thing that Russia is probably culpable in, not the USA.

No JT- it's called realism.

Neither Russia, The UK or America have anything to be proud of regarding their foreign policies.

This thread is about commenting on Pillock Obhamas chiding of Russia.

No, sorry, if the U.S. is correct to do the chiding about this now, and I think they are ... that's the point. Not the entire history of everyone's anti-American baggage from all time and all issues. That's a black hole that doesn't fit here.

JT, the real tragedy is that politicians and governments of our countries and others don't really care much about people - I am sure our Clown David Cameron will follow suit with a similar statement shortly. There is far more to this, this is not the time for political statements, it's time to get the facts out first as to what really happened. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen now.

A country with so much blood on it's hands, that created a far more unsafe world with it's ridiculous War on of Terror. A country that has one of the most corrupt election systems, preaching to the world about Democracy; one the supplies weapons to murous countries with dubious human rights records. Really couldn't make it up.

Anti-Americanism. The gift that keeps on giving. I think this thread is about a current thing that Russia is probably culpable in, not the USA.

The pot cannot blame the cattle.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chiding is mild compared to how this is developing.

attachicon.gifputinswar.jpg

At this point, it is critical for the world to resist the obvious effort of Putin to own this investigation.

Any conclusion made by Putin's dictatorship will be predictable and completely worthless.

Ditto for any US conclusion...both are known to spin the truth to suit their "countries interests"...

• Like 2

No, sorry, if the U.S. is correct to do the chiding about this now, and I think they are ... that's the point. Not the entire history of everyone's anti-American baggage from all time and all issues. That's a black hole that doesn't fit here.

Hypocrisy.

It's ok for you to trot out anti-Russian drivel but when someone criticises the USA, that's 'different'.

As ggt says, neither country is known for honesty. Both have incited the different sides in the Ukraine and finger-pointing is not going to help getting to the bottom of who's responsible.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surprise surprise, yet US has no comment on Ukrainian military shelling Russian civilians, hospitals and schools

....when was this?

do I have to google it?

maybe I was sleeping that day.....

Rijb jerk.gif , you seem to like following me around - seem to have some infatuation or something. It's obviously not healthy. Re-read what I said, as opposed to jumping to a conclusion. I like the US, I'll be there in a few weeks, I like the majority of the people. I don't like The US Foreign Policy, end of. Now run along back to school.

Why do you ‘intellectuals’ post the same crap in these news forums?

‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone’ might work in the bible.

But, it doesn’t work for nations. Every nation, including your sorry excuse for a country, has sinned!

Somebody just killed a bunch of people. All ‘sinner’ nations should be yelling (not chiding) on top of their lungs for justice.

• Like 1

Rijb jerk.gif , you seem to like following me around - seem to have some infatuation or something. It's obviously not healthy. Re-read what I said, as opposed to jumping to a conclusion. I like the US, I'll be there in a few weeks, I like the majority of the people. I don't like The US Foreign Policy, end of. Now run along back to school.

Why do you ‘intellectuals’ post the same crap in these news forums?

‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone’ might work in the bible.

But, it doesn’t work for nations. Every nation, including your sorry excuse for a country, has sinned!

Somebody just killed a bunch of people. All ‘sinner’ nations should be yelling (not chiding) on top of their lungs for justice.

Now you're going all biblical.

If you had chosen to read how I also included my own country in Foreign Policy Hypocrisy, and stated now is not the time for politcal statements then maybe you would make some sense. Now off you go, must be past your bed time, with school tomorrow. Your infatuation is not healthy.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha.

Bizarre for the USA to chide other countries for creating conditions resulting in mass death.

They have probably been the root cause of millions of deaths using the very same themselves.

So they have concluded that it was not Ukraine then.... Well we all knew they would arrive at that conclusion.

USA and Russia should just go to war and be done with it.... Just those 2 countries... I bet the US will back down in a heartbeat.

What a bizarre set of opinions this is...

• Like 2

JT, the real tragedy is that politicians and governments of our countries and others don't really care much about people - I am sure our Clown David Cameron will follow suit with a similar statement shortly. There is far more to this, this is not the time for political statements, it's time to get the facts out first as to what really happened. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen now.

The Newsroom. Pity it's fiction, cos this sums up where the war on terror has got us. 3:00 mins on.

Edited by Mosha