Cartoon Network Amazone waterpark announce soft opening – 31st July 2014

InspirePattaya

(I note in passing that in these 3 pages of comments, there are, if I counted correctly, 4 posts from folks who have actually been to the park and 3 of these had a generally positive impression. There were numerous posts from others who had not been to the park but felt qualified to comment on it [or at least its perceived value proposition].)

Hands-on experience is not a sine qua non for having an opinion or having knowledge.

True, and when you read TV that is QEDed ad nauseam.coffee1.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is always Pattaya water park...Its 100 baht per person farang and Thai..

Their water slides are pretty good too.I went on the big yellow slide,its so fast it almost

scared me..

I have not been to Cartoon Network Amazone..But is sure sounds like a expensive

proposition for a family....

The other local water park option is the Central Grand Mirage hotel in Naklua. They have a large series of pools and some slides and stuff. The day use fee is B1000 baht and it's right in town. Check in at the hotel fitness center to get a day pass.

Don't know the status of the Ramayana Park...did it ever get built?

Well there is always Pattaya water park...Its 100 baht per person farang and Thai..

Their water slides are pretty good too.I went on the big yellow slide,its so fast it almost

scared me..

The other local water park option is the Central Grand Mirage hotel in Naklua. They have a large series of pools and some slides and stuff. The day use fee is B1000 baht and it's right in town. Check in at the hotel fitness center to get a day pass.

Ramanya is in full swing construction wise, and that place is huge, probably treble the size of the cartoon one!!! from the look of it yesterday i would say a couple of months to completion.

scared me..

Ramanya is in full swing construction wise, and that place is huge, probably treble the size of the cartoon one!!! from the look of it yesterday i would say a couple of months to completion.

Maybe after Rama opens, with the added competition, the prices at Cartoon will come down a bit, unless Rama charges even more so that Cartoon seems like the bargain ?

Being so big, maybe Rama's business plan will be targeting the group tour market. After trying a water park for the first time and rather liking it, I'm kinda curious now to check out Rama when it opens.

scared me..

Maybe after Rama opens, with the added competition, the prices at Cartoon will come down a bit, unless Rama charges even more so that Cartoon seems like the bargain ?

Being so big, maybe Rama's business plan will be targeting the group tour market. After trying a water park for the first time and rather liking it, I'm kinda curious now to check out Rama when it opens.

It's in the right place for the group tour business, just a short hop off the 331. A beautiful setting overlooking Silverlake.

scared me..

Ramanya could very well eat cartoon networks lunch...If Ramanya charges a reasonable price there is no possible way CN can

continue to charge these very high prices...

Here for those too lazy to search:

http://www.ramayanawaterpark.com/en/home/

Rama water park does look impressive...50 water attractions would make it about 3x the size of Cartoon. A bit further away from central Pattaya at about 45 minutes (Cartoon is about 20). The 20% discount offer for first visit is a nice promo...anyone who may have an interest in going should definitely get members of each member of their family and friends who may go with them to sign up.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a bit of old thread but I was interested in taking the family to Pattaya and going to this Cartoon Network waterpark next week.

And then I saw the price; a special 20% discounted rate for a family of 4, including a couple of pizzas and a hut, is 6,000 baht for the day.  That's  £140 for 2 adults and 2 kids to go tina waterpark in Thailand.  <deleted>?  Some of the best full theme parks in the UK cost half of this.

So what are the current decent alternatives?

I've been to Hard Rock Hotel on a previous holiday and I thinks it's fantastic.  IIRC i's 700 baht for a hut and 500 for a day pass (I forget how much kids passes are, I guess 250 baht.) So 2,200 baht total.

I've seen that Mercure Ocean Resort Water Park and that looks decent.  It's also 500 baht adult / 250 baht kids.

Are there any other alternatives I can look at?  There could be the extended family coming so maybe 8 of us, perhaps even 12!!

TIA.

4 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

I know this is a bit of old thread but I was interested in taking the family to Pattaya and going to this Cartoon Network waterpark next week.

And then I saw the price; a special 20% discounted rate for a family of 4, including a couple of pizzas and a hut, is 6,000 baht for the day.  That's  £140 for 2 adults and 2 kids to go tina waterpark in Thailand.  <deleted>?  Some of the best full theme parks in the UK cost half of this.

So what are the current decent alternatives?

I've been to Hard Rock Hotel on a previous holiday and I thinks it's fantastic.  IIRC i's 700 baht for a hut and 500 for a day pass (I forget how much kids passes are, I guess 250 baht.) So 2,200 baht total.

I've seen that Mercure Ocean Resort Water Park and that looks decent.  It's also 500 baht adult / 250 baht kids.

Are there any other alternatives I can look at?  There could be the extended family coming so maybe 8 of us, perhaps even 12!!

TIA.

Take the whole crew to Pattaya Park for 100 baht per person...

Is it clean? Nice?

I don't mind paying 1,000 baht per person for a place which is worth 1,000 per person. To charge what Cartoon Network does for a water park in Pattaya, for what it looks like, is beyond ridiculous.

Are there any other places I can look into as well as Pattaya Park?

I've just realised what Pattaya Park is. It's that tower with the slow zipline and some rides, isn't it?

I was there years ago but I'd forgotten they had some pools. Thanks.

1 hour ago, KunMatt said:

Is this place any good and worth it? I see it's another "full price" place. My 6 year olds ticket would cost 1,200 baht!!

Is the Cartoon Network place worth their price of admission?

Cheers.

Ramanyana is much bigger, and much better in my opinion.

And full of Bangkok Thais who don't even blink at spending 1200 baht for their kids. They can't wait to take selfies and show their friends that they can afford it.. Different mindset.

Which place are you talking about? CN or Ramananya?

Thanks for the advice balo. Really helpful and useful info you provided there.

Now I now what to do about my question.

I have been to both parks and can say that silver lake is a better day out. Slides are about equal but the facilities are far better at silver lake. All themed on old Thai ruins with beautiful gardens linking it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, we spent the day in Mercure "water park" after a guy at work recommended it to me. It's not a water park, it's a hotel swimming pool.

Definitely not worth 500 baht day pass each.

So I want to take everyone to Ramayana. There's 8 of us.

I see there are several sites selling day passes. Where is the best place to buy tickets? Online, a tour company, their own website?

Cheers.

17 hours ago, KunMatt said:

Well, we spent the day in Mercure "water park" after a guy at work recommended it to me. It's not a water park, it's a hotel swimming pool.

Definitely not worth 500 baht day pass each.

So I want to take everyone to Ramayana. There's 8 of us.

I see there are several sites selling day passes. Where is the best place to buy tickets? Online, a tour company, their own website?

Cheers.

Tickets from this website around 760 Baht for entrance fee only. Definitely cheaper than the Ramayana website, but I'm not sure whether there are cheaper options around.

http://www.hotels2thailand.com/pattaya-day-trips/ramayana-waterpark-pattaya.asp