How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

Well now that we are on the subject of " Paying for Thai Ladies " ( nightly or on a monthly basis ..)

I am single and live alone ( although a bloody nice bloke may i add ) I have become rather friendly with a thai lady who lives in the same soi as myself ( only friends viewers.. ) She was telling me that she has 5 different farang sending her 10,000 baht a month and so she does fantastically well with her monthly budget.But she keeps " pestering me " and trying to lure me into her room for some FREE " hows your father " ( Sex ) I have declined her " kind offer " on numerous occasions ( perhaps you could all just admire my honesty... ) She is NOT my type ( although she rides her motor bike like " The 4 O'Clock at Aintree " ) Because i am not interested she continues to chase after me ( most upsetting to say the least viewers... ) Yesterday i asked her why she wanted free " horizontal refreshment " with me so much when she has an army of farang who finance the deal..? she said " i don't like any of them,the sex is terrible and i only use them to finance my life "

She still continues to chase after me......

God Bless You All Viewers!

farang jaidee wub.png

I cudnt turn that down mate, I'd leave her with a fanny like a butchers window, show her what she's been missing..
  • Like 1

My piece of the puzzle for what it is worth. I like to comment only because I find some answers most likely to be called ignorant...And they are being posted mostly by people that havent left off their arsle from the barstol in Pattaya or Bangkok yet, EVER....

In my little world here in isaan, I have tyhe following money monthly that we spend in my family.....in round figures 18.000 baht food + drinks sometimes during the month.

To mention 5.000 baht is not even close, it is just shit-talk without any reason or thought behind it.

Glegolo

Dear Glegolo ... you been on the Forum for a fair while and you're a solid poster, but I'm really surprised by what you penned above.

Just because you can't imagine it ... doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Effectively, you have just called me a liar for the amount that I mentioned it costs to keep my partner with our new-born twins boys.

In Thailand, almost every situation is different.

As for getting my ass off a Bar Stool ... facepalm.gif

David48, first of all I apploud you for at least TRY to take care of your off spring!!! Why dont you try to take care of them up to 100% than. It is a shame really to suggest to people that 5.000 lousy f:#ng baht should be enought to keep a mother and her two children with food and a descent living up in Isaan for a whole month.

Dont even try with that crap...We who actually lives up here and see the prices at Big C, MAKRO, Tesco Lotus amongst others we find 5.000 baht cheap and nasty...David48 I do not know where in hell you are living but you are NOT living in Isaan, Try to take a trip up to your childrens mother, and really see and learn what life is up here and what the pricerange really is...A cup of coffee 35-45 baht....An icecream 30 baht..

Finally YES you might be right with your 5.000 baht.. If your childrens mother can make food 3 times a day for 3 people each costing not even lousy 20 baht... Than they can survive...and I think SURVIVE is what you offer your children nothing more than that... Staying home 100% of the time, and eating home 100% of the time, never get out and have a life..... nice future for your boys..

Glegolo

Dear Glegolo,

I live in isaan amongst the rural farmers... i see them work and how they live... and how they have a life...

depending the exact location both of you can be right, dough with 5000 they can "survive" indeed and with 18000 they can live as a "king"

as where "average Joe" drinks his cup of 3in1 for 4 bath, a decent meal costs 30 bath... 18k is a lot of money

Most people are in debt coz they are paying for their car, house etc...

but still they manage and even some of them are good managers...

20000 baht in Issan! That's even too much for Bangkok buddy. Your supporting your girlfriend and child which is fair and right...but paying for child no 1 and the mother in law too!?. 10,000 is more than enough to live comfortably in Issan...Is your wife paying rent?.if shes not and she wants 20k she's taking you for a ride!

Not paying any rent, last month she said she needed 4,000 extra to pay for 2 tutors for number 1 child, this month says she has to pay for taking number 1 to hospital as he has had some behavioral problems. Last month she had to pay for our child for hospital treatment.

This month she says she has got through 9,000 in 1 week! I asked how she said 1,600 on hospital for number 1 and then has to give 3,000 towards a notebook for number 1 (says her sister will put 10,000 towards this).

I think the last few months she has got greedy, I should also add I was last in LOS in April when I gave her a one off 50,000 she was suppose to get the floor tiled in her mums house where she stays. Says this would be good for my son to stop insects etc.., coming in in rainy season.

Instead she spent it on her mothers 'farm' says this was a one off investment and her mum will put the land in her name.

How long have you been here mate, im here 9 yrs been with the same one 8 of those.

She is exactly the same ,but no num 1 child, i think your being taken to the cleaners, never give a thai lady a sum like 50 thou baht, i can guarantee you it will go North.

You will end up taking care of the extended family for the duration of your relationship here, a few books out there written by farang i suggest you read one .

I find it odd that Thai people seem to go after money when it really isn't due to them. And, in cases where it is actually due to them, say when a boss is extremely overpowering and exploits the worker, then they wont go after any money.

It is so clear, Thais think they can just take money from "the weak". I don't think they say that, but this is what they do. Anybody who is formidable in the slightest, like Thai employers who have learned the Jedi mind tricks, they shy away from.

The take home message is grow a pair foreigners, and put this proverbial "hand held out in front of us with a sorry look in the face" to an abrupt end. Just like a dog who gets snapped back in line by his owner, they will love you all the more for it too, that is the beautiful part.

Living in isaan now in a small town and in a small house.

Power Bill 1800 Baht a Month No Air Con

Water Bill 200 Baht a Month

Internet Bill 590 Baht a Month

Gas Bottle Refill 350 Baht A Month

Drinking and Cooking Water Bottles 300 Baht A Month

Petrol for Honda wave 110 400 Baht a Month

School Public for 16 year old 1000 Baht a Month

School Public for 14 Year old 600 Baht A Month

Just hope this helps someone. 5240 Baht without food, clothes, ect

Edited by milduraboy
  • Like 1

It's hard to know who's the moving/instigating party here, the lady or her Mom...

But, I would say, there are lots of places in Isaan where farang guys are attached to former or current bar girls, and end up paying (stupidly in my opinion) big money per month (20, 30 or 50K or more) and/or paying for (in local terms) fancy new houses for the lady and extended family. The guys may be living here, but also instead, may be living abroad with future plans to move and for now earning farang salaries in their home country.

I say this because, I've run into personal experience situations in the past where there becomes a lot of pressure felt by the girl herself, or imposed on the girl by her Mom or family, to not lose face/keep up with other families/girls in their village/area who may have a generous farang sponsor. The girl herself may be greedy, but the family may also be piling on since the girl may also be the main source of support for the entire family group.

And, if other girls in the village have hit the farang jackpot, then there's kind of the expectation that your girl and her family ought to be able to do equally well with her farang. And it may be hard for you to figure out whether your girl is simply greedy, or, perhaps her Mom/parents/family are pressuring her, and many Thai women have a hard time saying NO to their Moms about almost anything.

That's not the kind of relationship/arrangement I'd ever want to put myself into, and I haven't, fortunately. I did have an ex-GF with whom I thought I was building a good relationship bail on me after we met her parents for the first time in their home city, and I refused to commit to building a new house for them (this after having known her but a few months, and certainly not married or even talking about it, at that point).

But, I didn't have any children to be responsible for as part of the equation, and that changes the dynamics a bit.

I'm happily married now, my wife works at a full time job, and she sends 10K a month to support her Mom and Dad, who are elderly and have a very simple life, out of her own salary. Our basic agreement is, I support her, and it's up to her how she wants to support her parents and anyone else in her immediate family.

I suspect her mum, her sister and maybe her brother and female 'friends' in the village and at least 1 friend (who's worked as a bar girl for years) are encouraging/instigating this.

It's only fairly recently she has got more demanding, she has been telling me for a while her sister wants her to find a new richer farrang or just go to work a bar.

She has told me about her mother in recent months going to weddings in the village where the farrang has built a house and given 500,000 + to the local girl.

Also she has a bar girl 'friend' from Bangkok who she tells me is getting 30,000 a month as a live in girlfriend.

This isn't a situation I want to be in, but can I take any risks when she has my child?

Unfortunately, because some farangs lose their brains when they meet a cute Thai girl and give them lots of money etc etc, it makes it hard for those of us that don't.

My wife is always being asked at work why I don't pay for her to stay at home.

As for the family, I gave them a fridge and bought a computer keyboard for the nephew, but I won't give them money. I didn't give my western ex's parents money, so why would I give any to my wife's just because she's Thai?

• Like 1

School Public for 14 Year old

<Power Bill 1800 Baht a Month No Air Con>

?????? I pay less than that and have the AC on every day.

• Like 1

Why would you give her anything? So. Nothing. I pay the house bills, of course. All my childrens' expenses. She is

an adult human being like you. Open a business, get a job...This whole Thai thing 'Look after me, look after my family' is horrible and demeaning

• Like 1

My piece of the puzzle for what it is worth. I like to comment only because I find some answers most likely to be called ignorant...And they are being posted mostly by people that havent left off their arsle from the barstol in Pattaya or Bangkok yet, EVER....

In my little world here in isaan, I have tyhe following money monthly that we spend in my family.....in round figures 18.000 baht food + drinks sometimes during the month.

To mention 5.000 baht is not even close, it is just shit-talk without any reason or thought behind it.

Glegolo

Dear Glegolo ... you been on the Forum for a fair while and you're a solid poster, but I'm really surprised by what you penned above.

Just because you can't imagine it ... doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Effectively, you have just called me a liar for the amount that I mentioned it costs to keep my partner with our new-born twins boys.

In Thailand, almost every situation is different.

As for getting my ass off a Bar Stool ... facepalm.gif

David48, first of all I apploud you for at least TRY to take care of your off spring!!! Why dont you try to take care of them up to 100% than. It is a shame really to suggest to people that 5.000 lousy f:#ng baht should be enought to keep a mother and her two children with food and a descent living up in Isaan for a whole month.

Dont even try with that crap...We who actually lives up here and see the prices at Big C, MAKRO, Tesco Lotus amongst others we find 5.000 baht cheap and nasty...David48 I do not know where in hell you are living but you are NOT living in Isaan, Try to take a trip up to your childrens mother, and really see and learn what life is up here and what the pricerange really is...A cup of coffee 35-45 baht....An icecream 30 baht..

Finally YES you might be right with your 5.000 baht.. If your childrens mother can make food 3 times a day for 3 people each costing not even lousy 20 baht... Than they can survive...and I think SURVIVE is what you offer your children nothing more than that... Staying home 100% of the time, and eating home 100% of the time, never get out and have a life..... nice future for your boys..

Glegolo

I live near Chiang Mai, so not cheaper than where you live.

From restaurant near the house a BIG box of fried rice pork- enought to feed me 4 meals ( more for a Thai )- 60 baht

<prices at Big C, MAKRO, Tesco Lotus amongst others we find 5.000 baht cheap and nasty>

Prices at local markets are way cheaper than supermarkets.

<....An icecream 30 baht..>

Where is that- Swensons?

9 baht for a cone from Qairy Queen at local Big C.

<never get out and have a life..... nice future for your boys..>

LOL. They have feet- they can get out and play with friends like I did when I was a boy. Not necessary to have a computer, phone or play computer games at internet cafe to have a life.

• Like 2

So you'r Mrs can't be a house wife in Thailand????

. Just to piss off the bitter mob my Mrs probably gets upwards of 60-70K a month and i could care less how she spends it on herself and the kids. We have a real happy home and have done for years :D

School Public for 14 Year old 600 Baht A Month

Just hope this helps someone. 5240 Baht without food, clothes, ect

That's a lot for electricity, I only do 1,500 with air-con.

Gas bottle should last 3-4 months (380bht now).

Water is 0.5bht/l. Delivered is expensive.

• Like 1

It's hard to know who's the moving/instigating party here, the lady or her Mom...

But, I would say, there are lots of places in Isaan where farang guys are attached to former or current bar girls, and end up paying (stupidly in my opinion) big money per month (20, 30 or 50K or more) and/or paying for (in local terms) fancy new houses for the lady and extended family. The guys may be living here, but also instead, may be living abroad with future plans to move and for now earning farang salaries in their home country.

I say this because, I've run into personal experience situations in the past where there becomes a lot of pressure felt by the girl herself, or imposed on the girl by her Mom or family, to not lose face/keep up with other families/girls in their village/area who may have a generous farang sponsor. The girl herself may be greedy, but the family may also be piling on since the girl may also be the main source of support for the entire family group.

And, if other girls in the village have hit the farang jackpot, then there's kind of the expectation that your girl and her family ought to be able to do equally well with her farang. And it may be hard for you to figure out whether your girl is simply greedy, or, perhaps her Mom/parents/family are pressuring her, and many Thai women have a hard time saying NO to their Moms about almost anything.

That's not the kind of relationship/arrangement I'd ever want to put myself into, and I haven't, fortunately. I did have an ex-GF with whom I thought I was building a good relationship bail on me after we met her parents for the first time in their home city, and I refused to commit to building a new house for them (this after having known her but a few months, and certainly not married or even talking about it, at that point).

But, I didn't have any children to be responsible for as part of the equation, and that changes the dynamics a bit.

I'm happily married now, my wife works at a full time job, and she sends 10K a month to support her Mom and Dad, who are elderly and have a very simple life, out of her own salary. Our basic agreement is, I support her, and it's up to her how she wants to support her parents and anyone else in her immediate family.

I suspect her mum, her sister and maybe her brother and female 'friends' in the village and at least 1 friend (who's worked as a bar girl for years) are encouraging/instigating this.

It's only fairly recently she has got more demanding, she has been telling me for a while her sister wants her to find a new richer farrang or just go to work a bar.

She has told me about her mother in recent months going to weddings in the village where the farrang has built a house and given 500,000 + to the local girl.

Also she has a bar girl 'friend' from Bangkok who she tells me is getting 30,000 a month as a live in girlfriend.

This isn't a situation I want to be in, but can I take any risks when she has my child?

Unfortunately, because some farangs lose their brains when they meet a cute Thai girl and give them lots of money etc etc, it makes it hard for those of us that don't.

My wife is always being asked at work why I don't pay for her to stay at home.

As for the family, I gave them a fridge and bought a computer keyboard for the nephew, but I won't give them money. I didn't give my western ex's parents money, so why would I give any to my wife's just because she's Thai?

Seen quite a few losing their brains with an ugly thai lady too hahaha

So you'r Mrs can't be a house wife in Thailand????

. Just to piss off the bitter mob my Mrs probably gets upwards of 60-70K a month and i could care less how she spends it on herself and the kids. We have a real happy home and have done for years biggrin.png

Sure your Mrs is very happy. BUT, lets get serious, will you adopt me.?............wub.png

Do you swallow?

I think many on the thread expect their Girlfriends to live in Poverty whilst they live in lovely homes.

20,000 Baht not a penny less

I am genuinely curious what your view is on this..... what if it just so happened that the man could not work anymore, and the woman was working. Would all the money just be held by the woman? What exactly should happen in that case?

Anything more than you can afford is too much. I know guys who give their girlfriends, who were former prostitutes, 150,000.00 baht per month and buy them Benzes.

150,000 baht per month???

Sorry, a guy. I know ONE guy, otherwise you read it correctly. Plus an E-class Mercedes Benz which she uses to drive into Bangkok and party at the most expensive clubs while her husband is away, or at home. This is an extreme case. It's also 100% true.

I don't doubt it one bit. Had a beer with a 'lady' last night. I have known her for seven years. She has been 'married' to older farangs at least twice in that time--her own story--has had several other older boyfriends for a few months at a time and always has a young farang hanging about. She always has some small business or other--a coffee shop, a curio shop, a dress shop, etc.--but none last long. She now drives a Mercedes, just recently she drove a Camry, before that a Honda SUV, before that a Civic--that's in seven years. I know the guy who 'went' with her before I met her--he says he gave her B90k month, financed a business, bought her a house, and that Civic--that was eight years ago, when she dumped him. He says, he is still in love with her; although, I cannot understand why. It is obvious what she is, but not so obvious how she does it. She is tall, slender, and good looking, but I have seen better. She is now mid-thirties and showing her age. Yet, she still manages to have a fist full of baht, to support her Thai entourage, and to drink JWB all day and night in the farang hangouts. She wears multitudes of nice new fitted dresses, pants suits, casual clothes, all with matching shoes and bags. She uses what she has and apparently uses it well. How many guys are sending her money and how much they send; I do not know. However, I do know she spends money like she has it--she's not afraid to shout a round. She has always treated me right and has a good word and a smile for just about everyone. My only thought, she makes a good friend, but a lousy girlfriend--some guys are just stupid, I guess.

• Like 1

I would be more than happy to buy a wife (if I wanted to live with one).

You can get a really cute (farm) girl in her 20s to live with you for 10k a month plus expenses.

Why anyone would pay more, especially when they aren't even living here with her, is totally beyond me.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I think many on the thread expect their Girlfriends to live in Poverty whilst they live in lovely homes.

20,000 Baht not a penny less

My wife and I live together, so we have exactly the same living conditions. How many on here have long term girlfriends that live seperately.................... not many if any, I'll guess.

• Like 1

I got 50% of my husband income. N we have got join account as well. However i am a "tight a*s" that what my husband says about me. I am very careful with my money n our money (lol) especially now that we have little one. Oh....i am not Thai btw...

Does he get 50% of your money when you are working?
I stopped working since am with him ( he asked me to quit my job and i continue my study). So....never get chance to share 50-50 of my salary with him. However, i have an investment back in Indonesia n all the profit goes to my bank in Indonesia. So..when we are back in Indonesia we use my money, when we are in UK we use his money, when we are in Singapore we use our money ( we used to work in SG). I don't drink alcohol n bars, clubs are not my scene so sometimes we go to a nice restaurant for a lovely food n i pay for it n sometimes we go on dutch. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1