NFL American Football 2014 TV Coverage

grantbkk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch my game of choice over the internet various means. Anything is better then the damn free ad loops they ran for years over and over and over and over again. Just run the ads even if you don't get paid for them, at least it does not feel like waterboarding to watch a limited number of games based on who knows what reason. No use for true at all - watched superbowl at a friends house rather then the normal way I do and there they were the same ads form years past over and over and over again please make it stop.

I haven't heard anything about GamePass downloads... What did their email say about that, in terms of how it would function?

+1 I also have not heard or read about any download feature. Could you quote that email from them please?

It would seem that would defeat their own copyright laws if anyone could download the games and replay them anywhere they wanted.

I would not see any need to download the games as you can replay them anytime, anywhere from almost any device.

I haven't heard anything about GamePass downloads... What did their email say about that, in terms of how it would function?

Not much .. referenced here

Hello,

Yes, the downloads feature will be available for this season, please continue to check the website for an update on the availability of this feature.

Thank You

NFL Game Pass Support

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: DIL-309-17104

Department: NFL Game Pass

Type: Issue

Priority: Normal

Edited by klikster

Bit the bullet, signed up the $200 option (I believe all the playoffs plus Super Bowl is worth the $70)

Watched the Falcons & Jaguars game yesterday. Ran mostly on best "quality" and never seemed to stutter.

I am NOT feeling any buyer's remorse! thumbsup.gif

BTW, anyone planning to purchase an online NFL viewing package might try using "REP15" as a promo code for 15% off the regular price.

I saw mention of it in one of the online forums for sports viewing, and just used it successfully. Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up, John. I went ahead and got the Game Rewind, too. The live broadcasts in the early AM hours, especially with all the added timeouts they've thrown in over the past several seasons, can really be a drag. Sometimes it makes the live game just about unwatchable. So I'm going to give a Rewind a go and see how it works out. Just have to be careful about seeing a headline somewhere, staying blacked out these days is should be a bit of a challenge! Edited by rwilem

I never have any issues about the spoiler problem. But then again, I consciously don't read online or print sports sections where I'm likely to see that kind of info before I want to...

FWIW, the Game Rewind player has a setting whereby you can either turn on or turn off the final score display listings for the game schedules/listings it shows. For me, at least, the game scores feature is permanently set to OFF!!!

Re the more expensive live games packages, I too have never quite understood that. I used to try to stay up and watch the Sunday morning and afternoon games sometimes when I had ASN in my cable package (about midnight to 7 am local time). But invariably, I'd fall asleep late into the early morning while watching the game and then wake up the next day feeling like I had a hangover.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

That was the best quarter of offensive football I can remember seeing out of the Raiders, and a Raiders quarterback, in a VERY long time...

But it's also an eerily similar situation to a year ago, and what happened with Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor... And look what eventually happened with Pryor's Raiders' season and where he is now.

Regarding Carr:

The rookie round two pick's performance instantly sparked a quarterback controversy, much like the one the Raiders had last year when then starter Matt Flynn was out with his sore elbow, prompting the team to name Terrelle Pryor the starter for the season opener.

Schaub, like Flynn, was also acquired during an off-season trade.

This was undoubtedly a tough spot for Dennis Allen to be in but if he had gone with Schaub, he likely would have weathered far more criticism than sitting him in favor of Carr.

Schaub is now an $8 million backup.

Pryor played a decent game for the Seahawks. You still get the feeling, like during his better times with the Raiders', that there's potential there. I've always hoped for him that he gets the opportunity to turn his potential into reality in the pros -- unlike when he was playing behind a horrible Raiders OL last season.

But overall for this game, it was kind of a treat to get to see McGloin for the Raiders going head to head with Pryor for the Seahawks, former teammates playing against each other.

I watch my game of choice over the internet various means. Anything is better then the damn free ad loops they ran for years over and over and over and over again. Just run the ads even if you don't get paid for them, at least it does not feel like waterboarding to watch a limited number of games based on who knows what reason. No use for true at all - watched superbowl at a friends house rather then the normal way I do and there they were the same ads form years past over and over and over again please make it stop.

Watching the game and it looks like they are going to run the same bunch of crap commercials again. You are right make it stop

Watching the game and it looks like they are going to run the same bunch of crap commercials again. You are right make it stop

What channel is it on this year? It's not showing on ASN right now. ASN2 maybe?

They're showing the games - great! They're repeating those same bloody commercials ad nauseum in an infinite loop - oh, great. Note to those who are presumably paying for those commercials: I will never donate to your cause, stay in your hotel or otherwise patronize your organization due to the suffering these commercials have caused me. In fact, I'm starting to turn against climate change as a result. Please give us a break!

I'm seeing a hockey game on ASN right now.. I don't get the other channels... but True's online programming guide shows no NFL games on right now....that I can see....Also not on ASN2 or True Sports 1-3.

It was on this morning on Asn2 and one of the TSHD channels. started at 0730. It was better quality on TSHD and the commercial breaks were better. ASN sucks.

I think I'm going to go buy an android box and pop for gamepass. Mainly because I can't go another season with those commercials, having to watch the Patriots 10 times a year and I just don't want to give True the 1,500bt a month to upgrade to Gold package. Probably my True internet connection won't be able to handle gamepass anyways and I'll probably end up having to pay them on top of my other investment. Always the optimist I am!!

I'm seeing a hockey game on ASN right now.. I don't get the other channels... but True's online programming guide shows no NFL games on right now....that I can see....Also not on ASN2 or True Sports 1-3.

It was on this morning on Asn2 and one of the TSHD channels. started at 0730. It was better quality on TSHD and the commercial breaks were better. ASN sucks.

Thanks for the info... That's one reason I like having Game Rewind VOD...

Not a fan of waking up at 7:30 am to watch TV, even for the NFL. smile.png

Just noticed an article that talks about how Fox Sports this season will be live streaming a lot of its NFL games -- provided you can provide the log=-in ID and password for a participating U.S. cable TV account.

They're doing it through FoxSportsGo.com, both via that website and through tablet apps.

Here's an article that talks about Fox's NFL streaming:

http://www.techhive.com/article/2602223/live-streaming-nfl-games-coming-from-fox-sports-but-with-caveats.html

The same FoxSportsGo website and apps also provide access to a variety of other sporting events carried by Fox's various sports networks, including selected college football, UFC matches and various other stuff.

But, you have to have a U.S. cable TV log-in to access it.

Here's what they're showing will be available for the NFL opening weekend. I'm not entirely sure, but it appears that the games you'd get online via Fox are the same local market broadcasts that you'd get in the area where your cable TV account is located.

post-58284-0-82361800-1409964290_thumb.j

In addition to the regular season, Fox will also stream four NFC playoff games including one wildcard game (similar to previous NFL seasons) on Sunday, January 4; the divisional playoffs the next weekend; and the NFC championship game on Sunday, January 18.

Taking a quick count of Fox's 2014 NFL broadcast schedule the network is set to show 99 regular season games, which means only six of those games won't be available online for home market subscribers. It's not clear which six won't be shown online.

On top of the regular season games, sports fans will also get to stream Fox NFL Sunday, the network's pregame show that starts at noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific.

I will never donate to your cause, stay in your hotel or otherwise patronize your organization due to the suffering these commercials have caused me. In fact, I'm starting to turn against climate change as a result. Please give us a break!

What!?! You're not going to do your part to redraw the line? Haha!!! It's ironic they used images of Thailand flooding to convey global warming when 2011 had nothing at all to do with climate change.

The NFL preseason kicked off today and their wasn't any coverage by True Visions or ASN. I called True Visions where I was told neither True Visions nor ASN was doing preseason this year but there will be coverage beginning September 5th when the regular season opens. Color me skeptical.Email has gone unanswered by ASN who along with True Visions promote the NFL as a high value product. There is no NFL anything scheduled for the month of August and nothing available to view for September. Last year at this time we were inundated with NFL programing.Anyone who has the time or inclination can try to get some information from the providers while at the same time demonstrate interest in their coverage by contacting the offices by phone and/or social media.True Visions: 02 725 2525 Email: [email protected]: Can't find a phone number Email: [email protected] Facebook: ASN: All sports Network Yes TV Hong Kong owns ASN. Below is their contact info.Email:[email protected]:+852 3978 2262Address:16/F, AON China Building, 29 Queens Road, Central, Hong KongGo Niners!

Given you are a niner fan, I shouldn't be doing this, but as per this morning's BP:

Midnight TS HD4 - Pats vs. Dolphins

Midnight TS HD3/TS3 - Saints vs. Falcons

03:15 AM Monday TS HD3 - COWBOYS vs. sf

03:15 AM TS HD4 - Carolina vs. Tampa Bay

06:30 AM Fox Sports2 - Notre Dame vs. Michigan

07:30 AM TS HD1/TS3 - Colts vs. Broncos

ASN 2 is listed on the PVR as showing some of these games, but it doesn't list specifically which ones. ASN shows NCAAF, while Fox Sports 2 shows MLB, not NCAAF so there is some shifting around.

Still, it is a lot. I couldn't care less about soccer, so I am happy.

OMR

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Old Man River

The NFL preseason kicked off today and their wasn't any coverage by True Visions or ASN. I called True Visions where I was told neither True Visions nor ASN was doing preseason this year but there will be coverage beginning September 5th when the regular season opens. Color me skeptical.Email has gone unanswered by ASN who along with True Visions promote the NFL as a high value product. There is no NFL anything scheduled for the month of August and nothing available to view for September. Last year at this time we were inundated with NFL programing.Anyone who has the time or inclination can try to get some information from the providers while at the same time demonstrate interest in their coverage by contacting the offices by phone and/or social media.True Visions: 02 725 2525 Email: [email protected]: Can't find a phone number Email: [email protected] Facebook: ASN: All sports Network Yes TV Hong Kong owns ASN. Below is their contact info.Email:[email protected]:+852 3978 2262Address:16/F, AON China Building, 29 Queens Road, Central, Hong KongGo Niners!
Given you are a niner fan, I shouldn't be doing this, but as per this morning's BP:

Midnight TS HD4 - Pats vs. Dolphins

Midnight TS HD3/TS3 - Saints vs. Falcons

03:15 AM Monday TS HD3 - COWBOYS vs. sf

03:15 AM TS HD4 - Carolina vs. Tampa Bay

06:30 AM Fox Sports2 - Notre Dame vs. Michigan

07:30 AM TS HD1/TS3 - Colts vs. Broncos

ASN 2 is listed on the PVR as showing some of these games, but it doesn't list specifically which ones. ASN shows NCAAF, while Fox Sports 2 shows MLB, not NCAAF so there is some shifting around.

Still, it is a lot. I couldn't care less about soccer, so I am happy.

OMR

49ers and Broncos. Thanks for the schedule. I saw it in the Bangkok Post today. It looks like scheduling is finally forming up. ASN 2 still has some games this week.

A single seat in the Club section of the new 49ers Levi's Stadium is $325 per game so TrueVisions seems like a bargain

David

Got an android box and signed up for ilikehd for thai and eng channels for 500bt a month. It's like having True Platinum. ASN2 worked fine but the other true sport channels showing games (2 of them) were in Thai. Game Pass also streaming well so will try to figure out how to get the xmbc addon installed as I'm a total noob with this stuff right now. Still can't believe the value though. I can only assume it's not totally legal and will just stop working one day (ilikehd I mean).

I was watching ILIkeHD last night at midnight local time, which was 10 am East Coast time (the start of the early game)...to see what would pop up in terms of NFL coverage.... Here's what I found, at least in terms of somewhat indication of where to look in future weeks:

ASN 1 -- surprising to me at least, no NFL for that timeslot.

ASN 2 -- Fox's Redskins-Texans game, English Audio

Sky Sports 1 - CBS' Patriots-Dolphins game, English Audio

True Sports HD 3 - Fox's New Orleans-Atlanta game, Thai Audio

True Sports HD 4 - CBS Patriots-Dophins game, Thai Audio

Didn't stay up to see what happened in terms of coverage for the late game on Sunday.

ZDNet has a good overview article of some new NFL content options for cord-cutters, as follows (U.S. IPs may be required):

http://www.zdnet.com/how-to-watch-the-nfl-on-the-internet-7000033379/

Well, if you just want to watch the highlights, there's the just-launched NFL Now. This new free internet service offers game updates plus football and fantasy football analysis shows, and older NFL shows such as In their own Words and Hard Knocks. There's also a paid option, NFL Now Plus. For $1.99 a month, you get more up-to-date highlights from in-progress games and access to on-demand archives of NFL Network and NFL Films programming.

NFL Now is available not just on the web but via the most popular internet TV devices such as Roku, Apple TV, Microsoft Xbox and Amazon Fire TV. It's also available as an app on Android, Apple iOS and Windows smartphones and tablets.

If you want more than highlights and hours of analysis, the NFL also offers Game Rewind internet packages. With these you can watch replays of all NFL games after they've been played, and access archives of all games going back to 2009. Pricing for Game Rewind includes one week for $10, full-game replays of your favorite team's regular season games for $30, full-game replays of every NFL game all season long for $40, and the top package, which includes all the above and all playoff games for $70. This service is only available via the web and on iPads and Android and Windows tablets. There is no version for smartphones at this time.

There's also a discussion of the NFL GamePass service...

I was watching ILIkeHD last night at midnight local time, which was 10 am East Coast time (the start of the early game)...to see what would pop up in terms of NFL coverage.... Here's what I found, at least in terms of somewhat indication of where to look in future weeks:

ASN 1 -- surprising to me at least, no NFL for that timeslot.

ASN 2 -- Fox's Redskins-Texans game, English Audio

Sky Sports 1 - CBS' Patriots-Dolphins game, English Audio

True Sports HD 3 - Fox's New Orleans-Atlanta game, Thai Audio

True Sports HD 4 - CBS Patriots-Dophins game, Thai Audio

Didn't stay up to see what happened in terms of coverage for the late game on Sunday.

Odd, watch them on TSHD and they were not in thai audio. Watching Monday night football now onTSHD and it is not Thai audio.