Phuket bar owners' fury at 'request' to close on Mother’s Day

webfact

One of the bar owners says:

“I absolutely do not agree [with Col Jiraphat’s decision to issue the request]. I received this document on August 10. It was not approved by the Phuket Provincial Police Office.

Oh poor, poor man. He has to close for one night. He might lose 100K baht or so, that he would have earned from the bloated bar drink prices, and the bloated bar fine prices. Life goes on. Nobody but him and the other bar owners, and a few disappointed tourists is going to lament this. When I travel all over thailand I see bars closed on the big holidays. Why should these Bangla road owners be any different? Buck up. Man up. Just do what you have to do for a change. It would not be a terrible thing for your girls to get a day off, for a change. 

One of the bar owners says:

“I absolutely do not agree [with Col Jiraphat’s decision to issue the request]. I received this document on August 10. It was not approved by the Phuket Provincial Police Office.

Oh poor, poor man. He has to close for one night. He might lose 100K baht or so, that he would have earned from the bloated bar drink prices, and the bloated bar fine prices. Life goes on. Nobody but him and the other bar owners, and a few disappointed tourists is going to lament this. When I travel all over thailand I see bars closed on the big holidays. Why should these Bangla road owners be any different? Buck up. Man up. Just do what you have to do for a change. It would not be a terrible thing for your girls to get a day off, for a change. 

Because all the bars in Bangkok and Pattaya were open.

The law is not being applied uniformly.