My tubeless tire on my scooter loose air. Easy to fix?

alocacoc

After 3-5 days, may be 30-50% air is off. I will bring my motorcycle later to a dealer. How do they fix it? Could it be a problem to find the cause? I can't see any damages on the tire. After all i have experienced here in Thailand, i expect they will say something like; Everything ok. No problem.

If it's a tube, they just put it under water and see where the air escapes. But without a tube?

If its tubeless as you say , the air loss may be from the valve/valve core or the tires is not seated correctly on the rim - caused by hitting a pothole. With age the tire itself , mainly if its a cheap IRC make as fitted to hondas ,can become pourus.

on 2 of my previous PCX and my current Forza the same story - after 2 weeks at least 8 PSI lost, I just got used to always refill at the gas station

Edited by MrJ

My old Nouvo only lost 10 psi a month.

Current bike seems to lose 5-10 psi every 2 weeks.

Besides the valve, the tire bead might have been dirty and there is a slow leak around the bead, or you have a pinhole leak somewhere.

If you haven't been to the shop yet; get a wide and deep dishwash bin and fill it with water then check the overinflated tire in it for leaks.

It was a nail. A quite large nail, but not so easy to detect it, because the head of the nail was broken away.. Problem solved. Costs: 100 Baht. I went to the Yamaha Shop Theprasit Rd., Jomtien.

btw; I asked there, if they accept the guaranty from Mityon where i bought the bike. Yes, they do.

Edited by alocacoc