Cable / digital tv questions

davidst01

We just moved into a new house.

I recently read a thread on this forum re the rebate for digital tv users etc. We are not interested in the rebate but I am interested in advice about what sort of tv to purchase....

What is the latest on digital tv in thailand. We live in a city in Issan. Is digital tv being rolled out or has it been rolled out in Issan?

Or what about cable tv? What is the best cable tv option? Im after doco's and movies with maybe a few news channels. Does the cable tv have the normal thai channels.

What about the dish on the roof? Do we have to purchase that or is it only rented as part of the contract.

Any advice on cable tv is helpful to me as I think this might be the better way to go. Im obviously clueless about this issue so please educate me if you have time

thanks

I believe your 'best' option would be to go with a Satellite Receiver bundled from one of the major companies servicing Thailand (CTH/PSI, GMMz, IPM, SUN Box, or TrueVisions)

Options for receiving 'Broadcast' Television are:

Analogue terrestrial television -- deprecated, being replaced by Digital terrestrial broadcast

Digital terrestrial television -- up to 48 channels common and unknown makeup, mostly in Thai language

Satellite television -- one time fee for setup, view Free-to-Air and compatible subscription packaged channels.

Cable television -- subscription and Video-on-Demand options

IP television (IPTV) -- via Internet, multiple venues Local and International, various vendors, services available DoItYourself to Commercial Set Top boxes with subscriptions

Mobile television -- via Mobile telephone provider, limited channel selection delivered over Internet and possibly DVB-H

Hi Davidst01, I find the best and cheapest way to watch what i want

on tv, is IPTV, thats streaming from my pc to tv via a HDMI cable,

plenty of free stuff to watch,or you could get an android tv box,say

2.5K bht to 5K THB,,which is basically like a small computer,you can browse

email and stream content to tv,i have an app on mine for ilkeHD which

is 500THB p.m.,and gives you many channels, sports like CTH,SKY,BT,

Movies,Doc's,kids,news,etc etc.just plug box into tv,and other end into router,

no need,for dishes.that is the cheapest and best way to go,i think.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1