Help! Does Thai business understand what Leasing is?

DavidBensen

I've tried to communicate leasing to several car companies.

Today I called 'Toyota Leasing'. I was asked if I want to buy. I said 'no' I want to lease. The lady who was the English speaking representative had no clue what I meant, yet I called Toyota Leasing.

Have Thai's caught on to what leasing is, as opposed to buying or hire purchase. For tax reasons, leasing for businees is great ... yet every Thai I speak to seems not to understand the idea. Why? Why is leasing not a big part of business here (in my experience so far) ... except for land. Is it because Thai are notoriously known for not making repayments.

All I want to do is lease a car while I'm here ... not buy one.

Anyone with any insights?

Edited by DavidBensen
  • Like 1

@OP: have you actually looked into the "tax benefits" of leasing a car via a Thai company? I think you might find it works different here to what you're expecting.

As Jitar pointed out, 'real' leasing plans do exist - BMW and Nissan the most notable players.

What the OP is after is called 'operation lease', whereas what most in Thailand understand when you say lease is merely 'financial lease'. Google operation(al) lease Thailand and you'll find many companies offering it, including rental companies like Budget.

The OP is looking for "operational lease" where all cost such as service, registration, road tax, tyres, etc. are included in the monthly lease amount one pays.

I personally had good experience with a company called "Japan rent Co.,Ltd" About THB 35,000 / month for a brand new camry hybrid include all costs (except fuel) based on a 3 year contract. Unlimited mileage but need to make a deposit of 3 months.

http://www.japanrent.co.th/en/type_of_car.html

Edited by sjonburi
  • Like 2

Thanks to all forr your replies ... and the experienced insight living here in Thailand.

Best option seems to buy on finance in the Thai girlfriends name ... and if there are any tax breaks here and tax deductions because I'll be using the pickup for a farming venture, to operationally lease the pickup from here at market rates.

Thanks to all forr your replies ... and the experienced insight living here in Thailand.

Best option seems to buy on finance in the Thai girlfriends name ... and if there are any tax breaks here and tax deductions because I'll be using the pickup for a farming venture, to operationally lease the pickup from here at market rates.

Don't know your circumstances and reasoning, but you can buy in your name, no matter what the car dealership may have told you.