Five “Men in Black” suspects are in police custody

Lite Beer

Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang, deputy national police chief, told the media that the five suspects who identities were withheld confessed during the police interrogation that they were involved in the shooting of army troops and civilians near the Democracy Monument on April 10 at the height of the red-shirt protests against the Abhisit government.

Curious how that interrogation took place exactly: they seemed to have confessed "so easily" after so many years while the evidence consists of still pictures and video clips.

Given there is still martial law I do not think their lawyer was keeping an eye on your rights.

Do you have any idea when they were arrested and how long they were interrogated for?

• Like 2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang, deputy national police chief, told the media that the five suspects who identities were withheld confessed during the police interrogation that they were involved in the shooting of army troops and civilians near the Democracy Monument on April 10 at the height of the red-shirt protests against the Abhisit government.

Curious how that interrogation took place exactly: they seemed to have confessed "so easily" after so many years while the evidence consists of still pictures and video clips.

Given there is still martial law I do not think their lawyer was keeping an eye on your rights.

Do you have any idea when they were arrested and how long they were interrogated for?

No, as far as I can see that is not mentioned anywhere.

But if they confessed within a day it seems relatively "easy", if they were interrogated for much longer period of time I am starting to get worried about human rights.

But if they confessed within a day it seems relatively "easy", if they were interrogated for much longer period of time I am starting to get worried about human rights.

Well that's very nice of you Bob. In return, when they finish with the murderous scum and start rounding up those that supported them, I'll worry about yours. Not actually DO anything, but I will worry..

<snip for brevity>

I wonder if Chalerm will tell us if these are the real blackshirts as he said once he knew who they were.

Yes, he did claim to know their identities, didn't he ? wink.png

Perhaps the former-DPM will now offer to appear as a prosecution-witness, and finally give evidence & name names, so that he doesn't appear to be part of any cover-up or false-accusation ? Or perhaps not. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Good to hear this. Now we can get to the bottom who these people are and what group or person/monk they may represent.

Everyone knows which group and person they represent.

Everyone except Mango Bob & his little group (getting smaller every week) of PTP/UDD/ Thaksin apologists.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

Interesting points made by many.

Smedly has the DSI partly, correct: it was thought to be a tool of Taksin/Yingluck when they were in power, BUT it was thought to be a tool of Abhisit when he was in power and so on. You'll notice any new government appoints a new head of the DSI.

Tatsigin indicated it would "...put to rest..." Hmmm, two things I've noticed in Thailand: 1) Enforcement and prosecution appear to be highly selective based upon who is in power, and 2) Many confessions are quite questionable.

Finally, jacky54 said it would be interesting if the sharpshooter who shot She Daeng was arrested. Doubt that will ever happen; rumor has it that he had a bad accident shortly thereafter. Just rumors, of course.

"killers" have human rights? Did they give the courtesy of "human rights" to their alleged victims?

Live by the sword, die by the sword and don't whinge about it!

Well that's very nice of you Bob. In return, when they finish with the murderous scum and start rounding up those that supported them, I'll worry about yours. Not actually DO anything, but I will worry..

You seem to miss the point (as happens more often in your case): there are many ways to get people to confess to things. If they were forced to give an false confession it does not only mean that they will be convicted of something they did not do, the authorities will also be more likely to stop searching for the ones who actually did it.

How about that for justice?

And not sure what you want me to actually DO. At this point there is not much information available and even if there was, what would you expect an westerner living in Thailand to DO about it?

Edited by Bob12345
  • Like 1

That was 2010, almost four years ago. Why are they being caught now?

My theory - they ran out of money and needed more but none is forthcoming. Instead of being given more money, they are now on an elimination list to silence them, and thus needed protection themselves.

Maybe the evidence was available, the identities were known, but some person(s) were protecting them and influencing the DSI not to progress the case.

Maybe someone knew all this and decided to tell to save him or herself.

Who knows. The important thing is they have been arrested, and the statement seems to confirm they were firing at both sides. Now, who cancelled the deal made by the red shirt leaders and Abhisit, who would've benefited by escalating the violence, and who has been in a position to suppress the facts and evidence and control the DSI and RTP since the crimes happened and the NCPO took office?

That might give you a clue - but all speculation of course. After all they might be fake MIB, just pretending to blacken the name of PTP.

• Like 1

It sounds like you want it both ways. Either it was too easy or their rights were trampled. "It must have been set up".

I hope it just seems "easy" because the newspaper article is not giving any details but actually the police did an excellent job and has lots of evidence that will not only convict these people without any doubt but might also lead to the apprehension of more people who joined them in their actions.

In case it sounds "easy" because someone took some shortcuts (means of interrogation for example) then you can wait till doubts start to enter this case and there will still be no conclusion to who did what and why.

Edited by Bob12345

You seem to miss the point (as happens more often in your case): there are many ways to get people to confess to things. If they were forced to give an false confession it does not only mean that they will be convicted of something they did not do, the authorities will also be more likely to stop searching for the ones who actually did it.

How about that for justice?

And not sure what you want me to actually DO. At this point there is not much information available and even if there was, what would you expect an westerner living in Thailand to DO about it?

"confessions" reported by the authorities without solid evidence mean precious little in Thailand.

• Like 1

"confessions" reported by the authorities without solid evidence mean precious little in Thailand.

Confession mean even less to people that find them contrary to their beliefs.

Good thing that "... the police had video clips and still pictures to nail the five suspects" then; like this one, I suppose:

post-70157-0-21218000-1402319662_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Is Will Smith one of them ?

regards Worgeordie

if they are arrested who is hunting the aliens now?

Must be the Immigration department wink.png

cheesy.gif you are right.....too cruel

You Alien you...where you come from?

Mars.

No have Visa?

1000 Baht or you go police station

Talk about rushing to judgement. If speculation were an Olympic sport, Thai-Visa could enter a pretty formidable team.

The arrested men are ALLEGED to be some of the so-called Men in Black. Their culpability and on whose behalf (if anyone's) they were employed has yet to be established.

So why not just put your crystal balls away and await the verdict(s)?

• Like 1

Confession mean even less to people that find them contrary to their beliefs.

Good thing that "... the police had video clips and still pictures to nail the five suspects" then; like this one, I suppose:

I hope they have some with faces visible.

• Like 2

I'll be more impressed if they arrest the killer of Sah Deang, almost certainly assassinated by an army marksman

Almost certainly assassinated on the orders of either Thaksin or the red leaders for either :

A. Showing without a doubt by his words that Thaksin was in charge of the riots or :

B. Causing the red leaders to lose face by stating that Thaksin had fired them and put him in charge.

Good to hear this. Now we can get to the bottom who these people are and what group or person/monk they may represent.

Everyone knows which group and person they represent.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

This quote has been attributed to George Spencer, but research has failed to track it down. It seems persuasive on its face.

The MIB must have known of the plan well before the soldiers attacked and a highly skilled sniper recognized Romklao from the mass of soldiers and took him out. Seem there was a leak and from social media, dissenting soldiers came to the aid of the UDD just like the popcorn shooter. When the truth does come out, there will be more questions than answers.