Prayuth rules out forming a political party

webfact

Prayuth rules out forming a political party
Kris Bhromsuthi
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayuth Chan-ocha has no intention of forming a political party because his only aim is to solve the country's problems, he said during his policy address to top government officials and governors yesterday.

There were rumours that Prayuth may form a political party, which would be seen as an move by some military factions to create a lasting influence.

"I want to assure you that we only came to solve problems and help the country progress; we have never had any political agenda and never thought of creating a political party. I never think about that, this is already too tiring."

Prayuth said he did not come to power by a military coup, but rather he "came in to help a government that couldn't function", before he jokingly asked, "that sounds better, doesn't it?"

Prayuth said he planned to have mobile Cabinet meetings around the nation to better understand problems and demands of the people.

Asked if he dared to go to the Northeastern region which is the stronghold of Pheu Thai Party and the red shirts, Prayuth said: "As long as it is Thailand, I will go. Wherever it is, North, Northeast and South. I'm Thai and not the enemy of any Thai. Don't force me to take sides."

Asked if he has many enemies, Prayuth said no, adding "if I have some, my guards must take care of it."

The meeting was aimed at establishing an understanding about implementation of the policies laid out by the PM in his address to the National Legislative Assembly last week.

He asked the officials to modify their approach to the grassroots level. "When you talk to grassroots people, try to think like them and speak to them in their language."

There were questions with regard to Prayuth's lucky charms and his belief in auspicious times.

"I am a Thai person and I just follow our traditions like all Thais ... who in this room doesn't wear a Buddha necklace? We all do," he responded.

On Tuesday, Prayuth explained to reporters the significance of each of the four rings he wears.

Yesterday, he continued his effort to make friends with reporters by singing "Returning Happiness to the Thai People" song that he had composed, adding he could do better with some instruments.

This song is a popular anthem of the junta's administration that has been playing every day since the military staged a coup in May.

He also said he would shorten his "Bringing Happiness to People" telecast on Fridays because he is afraid people might get bored with him.

Prayuth said he would make his first foreign trip in November, but did not reveal the country. The Foreign Ministry had said earlier that his first visit would be to Myanmar.

Asked if his future trips would include the United States, he said "yes, if they want me to visit".

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayuth-rules-out-forming-a-political-party-30243534.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-18

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the knockers out in force I see. IMHO heis better than we have seen recently, he wants to sort out the problems that have been festering for your years, well I think we should give him that chance. In a year or so time there will be an election, he will have re set the rules for the country, then I hope all the players will respect the new rules, whatever they are and behave in a way we are more used to. As for Prayuth, he says its a tiring job, that I understand, time then for him to go and put his feet up and retire, like us, if I am wrong about my hopes in 3 or 4 years time the rallies will be on the streets again and we dont really want to see that again do we?

You think these knockers care about all this. Those one-line heroes are only interested in saying stupid things.They are not interested in any kind of argument/debate. If you ask them to clarify their extreme stance, most of the time they will disappear. They must be very frustrated and surely don't give a s..t about Thailand and its people.

Maybe there is not much debate because there seems to be a lack of arguments besides things like:

1. he wants to sort out the problems

2. IMHO he is better than what we have seen recently

and the best:

3. we should give him a chance

Why would he bother? He is already in control and there won't be an election until he says, so he can rule for the rest of his life if he wants. If he decides in 20 yrs that the country is not ready for him to step down then he will stay.

Yes he's already head of a political party, It's called TTM, The Thai Military.

Political party needs to play be he rules.

TTM don't, and can create any rules they see fit.

Why would he bother? He is already in control and there won't be an election until he says, so he can rule for the rest of his life if he wants. If he decides in 20 yrs that the country is not ready for him to step down then he will stay.

Yes he's already head of a political party, It's called TTM, The Thai Military.

Political party needs to play be he rules.

TTM don't, and can create any rules they see fit.

Plus change / edit / delete / re-write history

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Let's hope he finds a way to join the election. He is very popular. Has a very good chance of winning.

There is always a first to see democratic elections held during martial law and a ban on political parties. Actually I take that back. Kim Jong-un of North Korea was the first but no disgrace to be number 2.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Let's hope he finds a way to join the election. He is very popular. Has a very good chance of winning.

There is always a first to see democratic elections held during martial law and a ban on political parties. Actually I take that back. Kim Jong-un of North Korea was the first but no disgrace to be number 2.

Didn't know the elections where being held today.

"I want to assure you that we only came to solve problems and help the country progress; we have never had any political agenda and never thought of creating a political party. I never think about that, this is already too tiring."

But now that you mention it.

"Prayuth said he did not come to power by a military coup, but rather he "came in to help a government that couldn't function", before he jokingly asked, "that sounds better, doesn't it?"

In need of PR to screen comments.

But now that you mention it.

"Prayuth said he did not come to power by a military coup, but rather he "came in to help a government that couldn't function", before he jokingly asked, "that sounds better, doesn't it?"

In need of PR to screen comments.

I recently saw a comment that comes to mind

"The best way to save face is to not use the lower half of it"

• Like 2

All the knockers out in force I see. IMHO heis better than we have seen recently, he wants to sort out the problems that have been festering for your years, well I think we should give him that chance. In a year or so time there will be an election, he will have re set the rules for the country, then I hope all the players will respect the new rules, whatever they are and behave in a way we are more used to. As for Prayuth, he says its a tiring job, that I understand, time then for him to go and put his feet up and retire, like us, if I am wrong about my hopes in 3 or 4 years time the rallies will be on the streets again and we dont really want to see that again do we?

You think these knockers care about all this. Those one-line heroes are only interested in saying stupid things.They are not interested in any kind of argument/debate. If you ask them to clarify their extreme stance, most of the time they will disappear. They must be very frustrated and surely don't give a s..t about Thailand and its people.

"Those one-line heroes are only interested in saying stupid things."

Case in point.

"Let's hope he finds a way to join the election. He is very popular. Has a very good chance of winning".

I find it curious that you qualify people who don't agree with a man who regards a military coup and the abrogation of democracy as "helping a non functioning government"

(see note), as surely not caring a s..t about Thailand and it's people. I would posit that the very opposite were true.

(note) who is going to be the first to tell prayuth that the government was "not functioning" at the time of the coup because they were a caretaker government trying to organise an election against a backdrop of protests that illegally occupied government buildings and physically stopping people from voting, whilst simultaneously being handicapped by a hostile Election Commission and "Justice" department?

Yinluck's government wasn't functioning from day one. Therefor the protests. Just a pitty that her government didn't want to investigate the killings of anti government protestors. Would have given her some credit. Luckily the junta caught most murderers within a few weeks after they took over.
  • Like 1

Case in point.

"Let's hope he finds a way to join the election. He is very popular. Has a very good chance of winning".

I find it curious that you qualify people who don't agree with a man who regards a military coup and the abrogation of democracy as "helping a non functioning government"

(see note), as surely not caring a s..t about Thailand and it's people. I would posit that the very opposite were true.

(note) who is going to be the first to tell prayuth that the government was "not functioning" at the time of the coup because they were a caretaker government trying to organise an election against a backdrop of protests that illegally occupied government buildings and physically stopping people from voting, whilst simultaneously being handicapped by a hostile Election Commission and "Justice" department?

well said

• Like 1

True chooka, BUT you forgot to say, he hasn't said anything like that so why stir the dung, he did say he is not forming an army style political party--and only wants to stabilize the country---if you do not believe that then you must be against what he is trying to do.

He is bothering because he has the people at heart NOT PTP style.

• Like 1

Case in point.

well said

Saves you typing when a minority colleague say it for you, same rhetoric, same old stance, love it.

You two are a class act. Fantastic incisive rhetoric from Nong38 "IMHO he is better than we have seen recently" "we should give him a chance" and Nickymaster, you're just great, anybody who you disagree with is an "online hero only interested in saying stupid things".. Quite an ironic statement that. If somebody doesn't match your own views it doesn't mean it is an extreme stance, it means they don't match your views and saying they don't give a sh*t about Thailand because they have differing opinions is the most childlike comment I've seen on TV for a while. It might be people's views that a dictatorship holding a country in the noose of martial law is not their thing? It might be some people prefer democracy and free elections to a dictator? People have the opportunity to look at other dictator run countries such as N Korea or Syria. Maybe some people would like to see the troubles in the south as a matter of priority rather than what colour vests motorbike taxi drivers have to wear? Others might be concerned that the PM has no clue about foreign policies and seems hell bent on offending foreign tourists and their families? It would be interesting to hear people like you clarifying your stance with something more substantial than the fluffy cr*p you wrote above? Or are you only able to make vague statements as you just run with herd and don't know why?

You are the class act.-------------- a vast majority of all TVF posters and they all are making this mega error of judgement.

You on the other hand are seemingly the ones that are a fraction propaganda posters, all the above is another block of pre thought rhetoric to back up the mega minorities slagging of the PM and his wants for Thailand. Cheer the forward moves and criticize the ones that you find disturbing.

NON for the sake of it bash bash bash. you think this is healthy. constructive criticism is what the PM needs-----this is the one reason some media etc are censored. The kind of kick boxing relentless bickering-with hate.

North Korea--Syria type rhetoric and posters deserve to get zinn binned.

You two are a class act. Fantastic incisive rhetoric from Nong38 "IMHO he is better than we have seen recently" "we should give him a chance" and Nickymaster, you're just great, anybody who you disagree with is an "online hero only interested in saying stupid things".. Quite an ironic statement that. If somebody doesn't match your own views it doesn't mean it is an extreme stance, it means they don't match your views and saying they don't give a sh*t about Thailand because they have differing opinions is the most childlike comment I've seen on TV for a while. It might be people's views that a dictatorship holding a country in the noose of martial law is not their thing? It might be some people prefer democracy and free elections to a dictator? People have the opportunity to look at other dictator run countries such as N Korea or Syria. Maybe some people would like to see the troubles in the south as a matter of priority rather than what colour vests motorbike taxi drivers have to wear? Others might be concerned that the PM has no clue about foreign policies and seems hell bent on offending foreign tourists and their families? It would be interesting to hear people like you clarifying your stance with something more substantial than the fluffy cr*p you wrote above? Or are you only able to make vague statements as you just run with herd and don't know why?

I haven't really read what you wrote. Not really interested in your opinion. I stopped reading after 1.5 sentence. I suggest you to read posts from guys like fab4 instead if you don't like my posts.

Edited by Nickymaster

'he wants to sort out the problems that have been festering for your years,'

it looks like you are living in a dream world. Well, OK, a country with a law like Art. 112 is a country living in a dream world.

The general is not interested in solving the country's problems, he is interested in maintaining firm control over the country. To do this without resorting to outright deadly force against the people of Thailand requires maintaining a sheen of purpose and effectiveness. Keep the trains running - every military junta has to do that.

• Like 1

Maybe that is because Prayuth has made it illegal for the "knockers" to criticise him and his coup?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Maybe that is because Prayuth has made it illegal for the "knockers" to criticise him and his coup?

Would a comment on the topic here have to criticise to the point of becoming illegal?

There's no problem to state you don't think PM Prayuth still stick to this statement, it's just not done to say you know he lies. Also with other PMs that was tricky with Thai defamation laws as they are.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He hasn't been criticized on this forum? That's not true. How about having a look at the first 5 posts before my post?