Thai Democrats deny supporting pre-coup protests

webfact

Im sticking with the topic, they are lying, they have always been lying and probably always will. Im really not in the slightest bit interested in excuses or diversions or anything else to do with another party this topic is about the Dems....

and they are full of it... .. so whats new other than its certain they are all as bad as each other in this country so pick your scumbag woo hoo...

You seem somewhat obsessed, my dear Oak. To the point of forgetting to bring forward any objective arguments rather than just a "they lied, they lied".

You remind me of hard-hard yellows who would say the same about our dear, innocent Ms. Yingluck.

Now as my friend fabs likes to say, where is the tangible evidence ?

Obsessed ? naaa i just dont buy in to the games ill let fab play with you, its not my country to care about and will never be allowed to so ultimately i dont care how they mess it up.

I dont need to argue the point its been done to death many times on many threads to do with this. The courts will decide the official line but then again I dont hold much stock in the Thai Justice system anyway... in fact I think its a total joke.

Can't be bothered to copy paste and waste time going over old threads, if you wish to pretend it satisfies you on a technicality thats your affair...I can think for myself, form my own opinion and have no problems saying what I actually think ... I dont need to debate it with you nor am i going to.

I dont need or want anything to do with any of these Thai political groups that always play these childrens games and couldnt care less which of them get their snouts in the trough and eventually they will probably between them all, run the place into the ground...I wont be surprised and when and if that happens i'll just leave with my family and not look back...

what Thailand gets, Thailand deserves, and its all of its own making...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice picture, fabs.

BTW wasn't it Charupong Reuangwusan who spoke at the UDD gathering, might that be the same who's also a self-exiled fugitive. Busy man, seems to try to set up a government-in-exile. Seems months last we heard about that, obviously junta censorship.

"Earlier last Sunday at the protest rally of the red-shirts in Nakhon Ratchasima where caretaker Interior Minister and ruling Pheu Thai party leader Charupong Ruangsuwan attended, hardcore redshirts declared to secede the country’s north and northeast regions to establish what they called “Isan-Lanna” state and also encouraged over 10 millions of people who have guns to get ready for final showdown with anti-government protesters."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-secession-banner-emerges-phitsanulok/

That was in February this year.

If you'll allow me a misquote of Samuel Johnson, referencing Cartalucci is the last refuge of a scoundrel (and a desperate poster).

Anyway, being at a UDD gathering where certain hard core redshirts rhetorically called for succession is hardly making it official PTP or UDD policy but if you say it's so, it must be true.

However, these headlines tell a different story

No plans for separation, UDD leader stresses

Weng Tojirakarn, a leader of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship and a former Pheu Thai MP, on Wednesday rebutted the claim made by the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban, that the red shirts had a plan for national separation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/No-plans-for-separation-UDD-leader-stresses-30227853.html

Yingluck asks red shirts to exercise restraint

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Wednesday dismissed the red shirts' rhetoric of country dividing and asked them to exercise restraint.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-asks-red-shirts-to-exercise-restraint-30227876.html

Meanwhile, back to the topic (isn't that usually your line?).........................whistling.gif

So, 'no plan, only talk", Ms. Yingluck even more friendly with 'asking for restraint" and that private person Abhisit obviously representing the Democrat party with a formal statement of the executive committee, etc., etc. ?

Yes, double standards, who would have imagined that to be possible with such objective TVF posters rolleyes.gif

Sure, the Democrats didn't support the protests, they STARTED them!

Of all the current big political lies, this one takes the cake! But, this is Thailand so the people will buy it hook, line and sinker.

The Democrats thought they would be put into power, like the 2006 coup. But it hasn't happened and they are pissed off big time. Too bad!

no one has to buy the lie. Thais who supported the protests would say 'so what' and those who did not support the protests know what happened - I know people on both sides.

So the lie of the democrats is just the necessary posturing which they must do so that the court can absolve them of their sins. My money is on courts finding no grounds for dissolution.

it's ludicrous for them to deny that they supported the protests, but it doesn't matter anyway.

Sure, the Democrats didn't support the protests, they STARTED them!

Of all the current big political lies, this one takes the cake! But, this is Thailand so the people will buy it hook, line and sinker.

The Democrats thought they would be put into power, like the 2006 coup. But it hasn't happened and they are pissed off big time. Too bad!

no one has to buy the lie. Thais who supported the protests would say 'so what' and those who did not support the protests know what happened - I know people on both sides.

So the lie of the democrats is just the necessary posturing which they must do so that the court can absolve them of their sins. My money is on courts finding no grounds for dissolution.

it's ludicrous for them to deny that they supported the protests, but it doesn't matter anyway.

You seem to be unable to differenciate between the Democrat party, it's leader, it's executive committee and it's members. If you want the Democrat party dissolved because you think their no longer party leader and no longer MP was publicly supporting an anti-government protest, I wonder what you would think about a 'caretaker, but unable to resign' Dept. PM and Pheu Thai leader who acknowledged UDD leaders stance for a separate Lanna State, with PM Yingluck allegedly only asking for restraint (as if in "please wait, not yet the time for this").

The "it doesn't matter anyway" might be a recognision that the charge is ludicrous, but somehow I think you already simply made up your mind what can only be the 'right' ruling. As usual, as we've seen a few times this year.

x14112946111411294983l.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

On questioning Mr. Abhisit why he was wearing the PCAD trademark whistle despite denials that the Democratic Party supported the protest movement, he responded with a remark from the Bill Clinton text book: "I wore the whistle, but I never blew it!"

seen photo's of him blowing it so I guess they are all fake too? if the whistle fits blow it Khun Abhisit

When you get in trouble and you don't know right from wrong
Give a little whistle! Give a little whistle!
When you meet the Press and the urge is very strong

Not just a little squeak, pucker up and blow
And if your whistle's weak, yell "I Didn't Do It"
Right!

Take the straight and narrow path
And if you start to slide in the Polls
And always let your conscience be your guide

Give a little whistle

From "Pinocchio"
Music and lyrics by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 2

When you get in trouble and you don't know right from wrong

When you meet the Press and the urge is very strong

Not just a little squeak, pucker up and blow

And if your whistle's weak, yell "I Didn't Do It"

Right!

Give a little whistle

From "Pinocchio"

Music and lyrics by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington

Very good.

Abhisit must think that Thai people are completely stupid, to deny the patently obvious.

It amazes me how many seemingly normal people here do believe him though.

• Like 2

Very good.

Abhisit must think that Thai people are completely stupid, to deny the patently obvious.

What has Abhisit denied? I didn't read Abhisit's name in the OP.

(edit: except for the photo caption)

Edited by whybother

Very good.

You told me that PTP were being given the same forum as Abhisit and the Dems. You told me that there were "articles" to support your claim.

Where are they?

As always, you toss falsehoods into the argument, because you have nothing real to go on.

Very good.

You told me that PTP were being given the same forum as Abhisit and the Dems. You told me that there were "articles" to support your claim.

Where are they?

As always, you toss falsehoods into the argument, because you have nothing real to go on.

Try looking in the right topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762093-abhisit-enjoys-a-surge-in-popularity-bangkok-poll/page-3#entry8417945

An answer to my question would be appreciated.

What matters most is people perception as it influence their vote. Perception to most are that the Dem Party is in cahoot with the PDRC. Doesn't matter how much they deny.

That's right Eric just another lie like the murder lie.

Anything to blacken the name of your opposition when you have nothing positive to offer, and of course to cover up your own misdeeds.

This whole thing looks very much like another Amsterdam dirty tricks ploy, doesn't matter if they are guilty or not as long as they get enough publicity to generate some more hate.

Well here is another negative that you may chose to ignore. The Constitutional Court has always failed to apply the same standards in their adjudication of cases involving the dissolution of the Dem Party. The reasons for the acquittals in '06 & '10 werelaughable at say the least like poor timing of submission. This case will no doubt goes the same way for another ridiculous reason.

Very good.

Where are they?

Try looking in the right topic. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762093-abhisit-enjoys-a-surge-in-popularity-bangkok-poll/page-3#entry8417945

Ah, thanks. Note though that while PTT "raises its head", and both articles are about accusations against them, Abhisit is riding high on (Bangkok based) poll results and pontificating about politics in general. Hmmmm - biased somewhat?

Well, Abhisit and the Democrat party are the same thing. He is their leader, and there iss ample evidence of him blowing whistles and hugging Suthep to make any reasonable person believe that he is leading his party in support of the PDRC. To try to claim otherwise is sheer desperation, and nonsense.

They should dissolve the Dems, just like they disbanded Thaksin's lot. If they want real reconciliation, that is.

Ah, thanks. Note though that while PTT "raises its head", and both articles are about accusations against them, Abhisit is riding high on (Bangkok based) poll results and pontificating about politics in general. Hmmmm - biased somewhat?

Well, Abhisit and the Democrat party are the same thing. He is their leader, and there iss ample evidence of him blowing whistles and hugging Suthep to make any reasonable person believe that he is leading his party in support of the PDRC. To try to claim otherwise is sheer desperation, and nonsense.

They should dissolve the Dems, just like they disbanded Thaksin's lot. If they want real reconciliation, that is.

So you didn't actually answer the question. How is having a poll giving Abhisit a forum?

Abhisit and the party are not the same thing. And Abhisit is not the spokesperson being quoted denying party level support.ld

They disbanded "Thaksin's lot" for electoral fraud ... ie being caught red handed, handing over a brief case of money.

Do you have a valid reason to disband the Democrats ... you know, like evidence of breaking a law?

Maybe you think they should give amnesty to everyone for reconciliation. That seems to work a treat.

So you didn't actually answer the question. How is having a poll giving Abhisit a forum?

Abhisit and the party are not the same thing. And Abhisit is not the spokesperson being quoted denying party level support.ld

They disbanded "Thaksin's lot" for electoral fraud ... ie being caught red handed, handing over a brief case of money.

Do you have a valid reason to disband the Democrats ... you know, like evidence of breaking a law?

Maybe you think they should give amnesty to everyone for reconciliation. That seems to work a treat.

Didn't the Dem Party was charged for the same electoral fraud in 2006 like the TRT? Difference was that the dissolution of the Dem Party was denied while the TRT was convicted. What's so good about evidence when the court failed to apply the same standard in all Dem dissolution cases and will be no different this same.

• Like 1

Didn't the Dem Party was charged for the same electoral fraud in 2006 like the TRT? Difference was that the dissolution of the Dem Party was denied while the TRT was convicted. What's so good about evidence when the court failed to apply the same standard in all Dem dissolution cases and will be no different this same.

The Democrats were up on completely different charges. The courts found that there was no evidence to support the charges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Thai_political_party_dissolution_charges

Could that possibly be because TRT were guilty and the Dems were not ?

Please provide proof that the court failed to apply the same standards to both cases.

• Like 1

You seem to be unable to differenciate between the Democrat party, it's leader, it's executive committee and it's members. If you want the Democrat party dissolved because you think their no longer party leader and no longer MP was publicly supporting an anti-government protest, I wonder what you would think about a 'caretaker, but unable to resign' Dept. PM and Pheu Thai leader who acknowledged UDD leaders stance for a separate Lanna State, with PM Yingluck allegedly only asking for restraint (as if in "please wait, not yet the time for this").

The "it doesn't matter anyway" might be a recognision that the charge is ludicrous, but somehow I think you already simply made up your mind what can only be the 'right' ruling. As usual, as we've seen a few times this year.

better change what you're puttin in your pipe there rubl.

I don't smoke, but my BS detector indicates this was more of a last desperate attempt to distract from lacking evidence in the case raised by a Pheu Thai person

• Like 1

What matters most is people perception as it influence their vote. Perception to most are that the Dem Party is in cahoot with the PDRC. Doesn't matter how much they deny.

Anything to blacken the name of your opposition when you have nothing positive to offer, and of course to cover up your own misdeeds.

This whole thing looks very much like another Amsterdam dirty tricks ploy, doesn't matter if they are guilty or not as long as they get enough publicity to generate some more hate.

Well here is another negative that you may chose to ignore. The Constitutional Court has always failed to apply the same standards in their adjudication of cases involving the dissolution of the Dem Party. The reasons for the acquittals in '06 & '10 werelaughable at say the least like poor timing of submission. This case will no doubt goes the same way for another ridiculous reason.

Since you tell us so, I guess we better check things again as your not the best example of a objective poster.

So, no evidence forthcoming that the charge might even be remotely correct, with links to the 2007 Constitution to prove the charge ? Only the opinion that the Democrat party should be disbanded?

I really like the sweet smell of double standards by all those who want to go back to the 'real' democracy Thailand was.

That od course is only your opinion, however you must remember Eric that the reds and UDD are still under orders from Thaksin as in :

August 17, 2014 9:55 am

BANGKOK: -- Overjoyed with news that he is about to have twin granddaughters, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has ordered leaders of the Pheu Thai Party and the red-shirt movement to withdraw all legal lawsuits against their political opponents, Thairath TV reported.

Therefor this latest bit of action must have been at the very least OK'd by the big boss if not instigated by him and his publicity team.

As you correctly noted it is only the perception that matters whether the Dems are guilty or not is beside the point.

In preparing for the next election they must besmirch the name of the opposition at every opportunity.

Where are they?

So, only for the sake of reconciliation the Democrat party should be dissolved. No need evidence for the case being discussed, no, just dissolve them. THat would of course also imply we should dissolved Pheu Thai. Not because the Dept. PM and party leader was at a UDD gathering sponsoring treasonous talks on a separate Lanna State. No, not at all, just for reconciliation.

Seems fair, wouldn't you say?

Could that possibly be because TRT were guilty and the Dems were not ?

Please provide proof that the court failed to apply the same standards to both cases.

What proof when double standard was involved. The best proof was the loud and overwhelming election result in 2007 when a reincarnation of the TRT party won. Voters are not naive and they can see judiciary interference in politics while you don't.

• Like 2

What proof when double standard was involved. The best proof was the loud and overwhelming election result in 2007 when a reincarnation of the TRT party won. Voters are not naive and they can see judiciary interference in politics while you don't.

If there was no proof, then no double standards were involved. Why is that so hard to understand?

If there was no proof, then no double standards were involved. Why is that so hard to understand?

Probably the same logic when linking the MIB to UDD or linking Yingluck with rice corruption when there are no proof. That my friend is not hard to understand.

Probably the same logic when linking the MIB to UDD or linking Yingluck with rice corruption when there are no proof. That my friend is not hard to understand.

Except that there is evidence linking the MIB to UDD, both from the recent capture of MIB and documentation from reporters of them wandering freely around the UDD controlled protest areas.

Yingluck has been charged will malfeasance regarding the rice corruption, so we will have to wait for the court case to see what the evidence is.

Where are they?

So, only for the sake of reconciliation the Democrat party should be dissolved. No need evidence for the case being discussed, no, just dissolve them. THat would of course also imply we should dissolved Pheu Thai. Not because the Dept. PM and party leader was at a UDD gathering sponsoring treasonous talks on a separate Lanna State. No, not at all, just for reconciliation.

Seems fair, wouldn't you say?

Seems just as fair s kicking a civilian government out of office for a bugled rise scheme, then failing to come up with the evidence, wouldn't you say?

Yep. The hypocritical whistle blowing Dems should be disbanded, and Abhisit told to shut up, just like the other side, if reconciliation really is the aim here. Otherwise, this pack of lies that is being used to rehabilitate him will cause festering resentments to remain - not in Bangkok of course, but there is a lot more to Thailand than that. Or perhaps you hadn't noticed? Do you speak the lingo yet?

Edited by Thanet

Seems just as fair s kicking a civilian government out of office for a bugled rise scheme, then failing to come up with the evidence, wouldn't you say?

Yep. The hypocritical whistle blowing Dems should be disbanded, and Abhisit told to shut up, just like the other side, if reconciliation really is the aim here. Otherwise, this pack of lies that is being used to rehabilitate him will cause festering resentments to remain - not in Bangkok of course, but there is a lot more to Thailand than that. Or perhaps you hadn't noticed? Do you speak the lingo yet?

Yes, it wouldn't be fair to kick out a government for a failed rice scheme. Luckily that didn't happen. They were kicked out because of the political deadlock.

As I have already pointed out to you, the other side hasn't shut up. As far as I recall, Abhisit has been quoted once when he said the current government had to be careful with the cost of policies. You said he had been given a forum. What other times has he said anything?

What pack of lies?

Its no wonder there's festering resentment with a propaganda machine spouting half truths, full lies, spin and innuendo to foment and perpetuate that hatred. After all the easiest way to manipulate people is to keep them scared and angry.

come on guys, dont come in here and tell the truth. We all know that the ptp/red apologists will never accept it as they know that their people thrive on lies and innuendo to survive and keep getting elected. If they had to tell the truth they would all be in jail. Eric wouldnt know the truth if it bit him on the ar*e, like all the ptp people he is totally brain washed to the red way of thinking, "we are right and everything we do and say is what happened". The fact that this is all bullsh*t doesnt come into it, instead of arguing with these cretins we should all just feel sorry for them, it must be hard going through life living in a fantasy world run by their god & hero thaksin, poor buggers, almost makes me want to cry for themwhistling.gif

come on guys, dont come in here and tell the truth. We all know that the ptp/red apologists will never accept it as they know that their people thrive on lies and innuendo to survive and keep getting elected. If they had to tell the truth they would all be in jail. Eric wouldnt know the truth if it bit him on the ar*e, like all the ptp people he is totally brain washed to the red way of thinking, "we are right and everything we do and say is what happened". The fact that this is all bullsh*t doesnt come into it, instead of arguing with these cretins we should all just feel sorry for them, it must be hard going through life living in a fantasy world run by their god & hero thaksin, poor buggers, almost makes me want to cry for themwhistling.gif

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn coffee1.gif naivety at it's finest well done seajae