Terrified Briton flees Koh Tao after 'mafia' death threat

Jonathan Fairfield

How about this scenario: Female victim went off and had sex with Asian men, White male stumbles upon this scene, is horrified any white woman would do that, and kills her, but gets killed by Asians in self defense. Sounds like "logic" that they may wish to send up in trial balloon. Or perhaps another press conference where spokesman says in fit of honesty "We do not want to find the killers. Too much power, and they are all paid up with police. Mai pen rai and welcome to mazing Thailand."

Did you not read the actual news about the DNA ethnicity ??

Maybe the literal translation of " Farang " - which I believe is abbreviated for " Farangset " is how the translation error has occurred. Farangset literally translates to France / French - I believe.

Maybe there's two people involved here, one from Scotland who's posted pictures and done a runner and the French guy who's been keeping himself to himself. You know - like a murder witness would.

• Like 1

I have to love the fact there's so many psychiatric medical experts here to be able to assess the current state of mind of MaAnna without ever having sat down and had a one on one therapy session with the guy.. amazing Thailand indeed.

Lets consider a limp wristed photo of this man with a vacant look of a thirteen year old lesbian seated in a freezer far away in thought.

The paranoia .

The obvious drug use.

The grand delusions .

Ok we might be wrong .

But again someone says he has left ( on good authority Thailand)

Same say it is he who is in protective custody.

Perhaps the Thais in his pictures are killers .

Perhaps they are just thugs who didn't like his tone.

Whatever, the story needs deep investigation not here say .

But those who see this individual as an unreliable witness are not duly shallow .

His own photos seem to point to his mind set being .

He may even be involved such is his fantasy world

lets consider Plutojames88's apparant psychic abilities, it is very obvious he has stopped taking his medication and exhibits a preference for lady boys

and has delusions that he is a reincarnation of Sigmund Freud and Shelock Holmes...thumbsup.gif

Well say what you will about those of us that think this guy looks unstable .

Certainly, you don't need a crystal ball to see he was at times suspect in his mind frame.

It has nothing to do with Freud or even guess work or mind games.

It's obviousby this picture

Oh you're going on how people look then? Oh well cased closed, I wonder what you think of PROFFESOR Steven Hawking?

I have to love the fact there's so many psychiatric medical experts here to be able to assess the current state of mind of MaAnna without ever having sat down and had a one on one therapy session with the guy.. amazing Thailand indeed.

Lets consider a limp wristed photo of this man with a vacant look of a thirteen year old lesbian seated in a freezer far away in thought.

The paranoia .

The obvious drug use.

The grand delusions .

Ok we might be wrong .

But again someone says he has left ( on good authority Thailand)

Same say it is he who is in protective custody.

Perhaps the Thais in his pictures are killers .

Perhaps they are just thugs who didn't like his tone.

Whatever, the story needs deep investigation not here say .

But those who see this individual as an unreliable witness are not duly shallow .

His own photos seem to point to his mind set being .

He may even be involved such is his fantasy world

lets consider Plutojames88's apparant psychic abilities, it is very obvious he has stopped taking his medication and exhibits a preference for lady boys

and has delusions that he is a reincarnation of Sigmund Freud and Shelock Holmes...thumbsup.gif

Well say what you will about those of us that think this guy looks unstable .

Certainly, you don't need a crystal ball to see he was at times suspect in his mind frame.

It has nothing to do with Freud or even guess work or mind games.

you do know this photo was taken as a joke dont you

so in addtion, in my expert opinion, it seems "plutojames88" is a simpleton, lacking in basic education, and stutters a lot, most likely down to childhood mother issues and repressed anger...rolleyes.gif

So let me get this straight - getting ripped and climbing into a freezer in a store and looking vacant as a joke means your ok mentally ?.....,,Right...tell it to the judge

Whats the new bkk post article title. Cant find it... prv me link pls

It's in big print on the bangkok post homepage - top story.

Interestingly enough this is also in the print edition also on the front page.

Link title 'Face of a Killer ?'

Article title 'Frenchman 'can ID killers'

Link : http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/433740/frenchman-can-id-killers

Can I link to the Bangkok Post ? I don't know but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Apparently this French guy saw them attacking the victime.

The French guy is not a misidentification of the scottish guy - they are two completely different people based on what I've been reading.

I guess you could call them 'independent witnesses'.

Naaaa..... Not two people involved in the BP report.... They clearly state the exact details that are pertinent to McAnna's incident.... They have simply misquoted his nationality. I have seen this done many many times over the years with Thai reporting.

Impressive that the newspaper put on their front page the faces of the alleged killers,

and apparently are not afraid of the Internet Crimes law?

This shows the power of social media,

and, that they refused to provide DNA samples is enough to bring them to jail and interrogation,

which I sense, is the next step,

imagine when the new head of police, the former air force general or colonel is told there are two suspects,

but, during martial law,

are refusing to obey orders

Not hard to get DNA from these two who refused. You put a surveillance crew on them, and watch every item they discard. Cigarette butts, beer bottles, soda cans. It is called "cast off" DNA. Pretty easy to do.....

not even that... jail them pending investigation and there will be myriad opportunities from eating plates, cups etc. or better still just TAKE IT

He looks like an extra from Hangover 2. A complete and utter goof. Making a mockery of it all.

I bet you dont look much either...

<deleted> does what someone looks like have to do with anything ? stuck up much ? facepalm.gif

Yea, when you mumble along through an interview sounding more incoherent than Cheech and Chong, it does tend to influence judgments about your credibility.

ahh you have a problem understanding dialects then, i understood everything he said clear as a bell.. I bet youd sound pretty incoherent to some too

Yeah i bet too, specially if he had spend a night thinking he was a dead man, and still a long way from safety.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is all over Facebook. I don't understand why he didn't contact somebody off island if he has legit information!

Perhaps he knows the mafia controls the police.

But what do I know

I said off island. Maybe somebody like the top dog who was sent from BKK.

He has clearly spent some time in in the Land of the Crocodile Smile so like everyone else he should be aware that you cannot trust a policeman... anywhere. Having said that I don't understand why he would be so stupid as to run around making public statements that he knows who did it, while continuing to stay on the island. This seems a very bizarre incident and while I have no specific reason to doubt this man, I can't help wondering if this guy is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

I think most of us would rather see the army come in and keep an eye on the cops, but I guess they don't want the military running around a major tourist resort as that doesn't look good either.

it amazes me that people think that during martial law, this is going to be swept away so fast, like in the old days

these arent the old days.

this may be the generals best opportunity to clean up an entire tourist island with one long sweep of arrests of the entire family, if it is determined they are obstructing justice

it is up to those of social media to press this very issue

it is either the mafia family, or the generals credibility on the line here

who do you really think is going to win this?

if you think one small time crime family is going to one up the general, then,

this is the wrong general and the martial law is a joke

Please, don't be surprised when you find that they both win/won.

• Like 1

It's safe to say, drug induced witnesses are not credible ones.

These kids are at the very least pests and poor taste hoaxer types.

At worse criminals who mislead the authorities and need to be restricted from these islands .

Drugs - moon parties and a fantasy world ( not seperated in the wake of tragic deaths and in very poor taste in a craving for fame)

Please drug test anyone in future making these social media madness claims

Enough is enough

Thais are smirking at this silliness

Edited by Plutojames88
  • Like 1

I think the OP is BS, he's trying to capitalize on the misfortune of others.

Look, if the local mafia would wanted him dead, so it would have been, there wouldn't have been the in depth conversations described in the OP, it's nonsense.

I'm a sceptic too. I might be unfair to the young man but how can he work as a 'barman' for 18 months on the island?. Work permit? Sounds fishy to me. thumbsup.gif

It's safe to say, drug induced witnesses are not credible ones.

These kids are at the very least pests and poor taste hoaxer types.

At worse criminals who the authorities need to restrict from these islands .

Drugs - moon parties and fantasy in the wake of tragic deaths.

Enough is enough

Drugs or not, one witnesses testimony shouldn't be relied on. However, no matter what, then such informations given by anyone, should be taken into consideration and used in the investigation.

Try to be a little objective, instead of making it seem as you would just use the jump to conclusion mat.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just don't understand what that year old photo of Sean has to do with the price of bananas. So, because he's not wearing a suite and standing straight in a photo, he's immediately classed as unstable? What makes you so qualified to pass judgement on someone's mental health based on a photo? Presumably, those criticizing his mental state based on a funny photo probably taken with mates for a laugh after a couple of beers, have NEVER been in a daft photo? It's probably safe to assume that in every photo in which you appear, you're not being so terribly vulgar as to fool around, or smile, and are generally being sensible?

I'm pretty sure there are several qualified professionals assessing both him and his story, and I'm pretty sure that assessment will be based on a little more than a photo.

• Like 1