Expats complaining about about other expats that dont have proper visas.

thai20144

I see a lot of Expats enjoying the recent crackdown on Tourist/ED visa, and think a lot of them may even have sent complains to the Thai Immigration about Visa runners, people working on Tourist visas etc.

What's their problem with these folk as its not their country? I would say (Mai Phen Rai)never mind.

Recently I seen a post were a guy studies Thai at a Thai school but doesn't attend class all the time, and a long term TV member here commented "I would love to know the name of that school" (so he could report them for some sick satisfaction)

So what's your opinion on this matter would you report about Expats that don't have the correct paperwork or are using the visa system incorrectly?

If you would, why?

• Like 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is just asking for opinions and not directly related to visas and extensions. Plus it will be a troll magnet and will evolve of being just bickering between members.

It is now xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u

Edit: Opened and moved to the pub at OP's request.

• Like 2

people working on Tourist visas etc.

Since I am working legally here, including paying taxes, and paying a lot of money for that, I do mind others working on tourist visa and not having those expenses. That is really unfair competition.

Fair enough ,but are you a grass?

If tourist police comes in to the shop, checks my papers and asks for violators, sure I will help them.

• Like 2

If tourist police comes in to the shop, checks my papers and asks for violators, sure I will help them.

With a friend like you......who needs enemies ?

Who said they were his friends.... If you are actually working illegally for a Thai company in Thailand -- you have to expect someone somewhere will take offense to it and report you.

If they were really serious about cracking down, all it takes is to make the employers risks too high to take a chance (i.e. massive fines; corporate termination; etc.). Going after the workers but not targeting the companies does not make sense.

Edited by cacruden
  • Like 1

A guy might be living and working in Thailand illegally, but chances are he's supporting (or supporting in part) a Thai family. Some criminals (eg, boiler room bosses) support a vast network of parasites and hangers on.

Depriving Thais of this support is a recipe for trouble.

It's best to turn a blind eye and keep your mouth shut.

If you can't accept the presence of foreign criminals in Thailand, go somewhere else.

• Like 2

Who said they were his friends.... If you are actually working illegally for a Thai company in Thailand -- you have to expect someone somewhere will take offense to it and report you.

If they were really serious about cracking down, all it takes is to make the employers risks too high to take a chance (i.e. massive fines; corporate termination; etc.). Going after the workers but not targeting the companies does not make sense.

Yes...the STASI did it on the same way.

Your 2nd point ....correct.

Thank you ubonjoe to move this to the entertainment section. For a moment I thought this was a real question.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please read: Forum rules.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Btw it was originally posted in General.

Thank you ubonjoe to move this to the entertainment section. For a moment I thought this was a real question.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Nope it was originally posted in Thai visas, residency and work permits

Moved from General to Thai Visa ... and then to Pub

Edited by MJCM

Nope it was originally posted in Thai visa and residency

No, it was not.

• Like 1

hit-the-fan.gifclap2.gif

Indeed, Im wrong it was first posted in General, then moved to Thai Visa .... and then moved again

A bumpy ride for this topic, but why the hit-the-fan.gif as making mistakes is normal and I have no problem in admitting them when I make one.

Edited by MJCM

hit-the-fan.gifclap2.gif

Indeed, Im wrong it was first posted in General, then moved to Thai Visa .... and then moved again

A bumpy ride for this topic, but why the hit-the-fan.gif as making mistakes is normal and I have no problem in admitting them when I make one.

"Humor" Google it.

Edited by thai20144

Since I am working legally here, including paying taxes, and paying a lot of money for that, I do mind others working on tourist visa and not having those expenses. That is really unfair competition.

I've been working for the past year on a tourist visa and paying taxes and let's be real about it tax ain't a huge percent of your salary in Thailand

• Like 2

thai20144 ... leave the Moderation to the professionals please.

We don't need your interpretation on the rules thanks.

Nor your childish use of the emoticons..

HMmm, your not a Moderator, Who are you again?

Are you not breaking Rule No 10?

Heck no ... those guys work way to hard in what is often a thankless task.

Though sometimes I wish sometimes I was an English Teacher.

Then, with more authority, I could mention that it's you're and not your (not a Moderator).

I've been working for the past year on a tourist visa and paying taxes and let's be real about it tax ain't a huge percent of your salary in Thailand

Thanks, for bringing the trend back on topic.

Can we keep on topic as some of the members are bickering here, sometimes its like being in a Bingo hall around here. giggle.gif

Edited by thai20144

so you dont consider 35% a "huge" percentage then ?

• Like 2

Posts removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

• Like 2