Ryobi batteries in Bangkok

Crossy

My cheap and cheerful Ryobi 7.2V drill driver has given several years of sterling service, sadly one battery no longer holds charge and the other is on its last legs.

I'll probably get them re-celled at Amorn (they're 1300mAh Ni-Cd), but is there a Ryobi spares place where I can buy original / pattern batteries?

Part number is B723-C.

I have a Hitachi 12vdc and a B&D 12vdc drivers. I get new batteries, plug in replacements, from China through Aliexpress. I order the ones that have free shipping and put up with the 3-4 week shipping time but they have always arrived via post and have always worked. I got a new one for my Hitachi yesterday, this one a 3000APH instead of the normal 1200 or 1500 that comes with the drill. Worked out of the box but needed the charge topped up. Here's the link if you are interested: http://www.aliexpress.com/premium/Ryobi-7.2V-battery.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&SearchText=Ryobi+7.2V+battery&initiative_id=AS_20141007041436&isViewCP=y&catId=

My last battery, the Hitachi 12vdc 3000APH, cost about 1400baht delivered or 140baht/cell (10 cell)l Yours is a 6 cell, I think, and cost about 120baht/cell, APH?. Not a bad deal but I live in the sticks and don't have a clue where Amorn is but will Google them. I have two defunct Hitachi's and one B&D. For some reason the Hitachi's seem to have a shorter life span.

I doubt you'll get them re-celled for much less that you're paying for pattern units from China, the major part of the cost is the cells.

The big advantage of using Amorn is of course the 30 minute turn round time. The Amorn branches that I know do re-celling are in Zeer Rangsit and Fortune Town, Bangkok, there are others around the country one has to assume they offer a similar service.

The Amorn website, with a list of branches, is here http://www.amorngroup.com/en/home.php

I agree the pattern units for the standard replacement batteries, 1200 and 1500APH, for my drivers are less than 100 baht/cell. I Googled Amron and the closest is Rangsit which is over 200 kilometers from me but it's nice to know if I get in a bind,. But I think that my house building days are over.

I modified one of the defunct B&D batteries and added an extension wire and clips so that I can hook it to a 12vdc battery and keep it in the tool box in the truck installed on an older driver. It comes in handy when some of the farm equipment dies in the field.