• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that can fix koh tao is time,

We will be taking advantage of the deals if they are decent

Koh Tao has been a favorite place of mine for more than a decade

Murder and Rape island Koh Tao will be very famous now

Murder and rape happens everywhere.

But not sure if there is any other place with 100% impunity for perpetrators.

BOYCOTT KOH TAO

• Like 2

BOYCOTT KOH TAO

Feel free to vote with your wallet /feet.

Until there is a trial we don't know if they got the right men. I think they may have.

BOYCOTT KOH TAO

Feel free to vote with your wallet /feet.

Until there is a trial we don't know if they got the right men. I think they may have.

I'm afraid a trial is not enough unless it is a fair trial

I just can't understand the silence of the British government on not only this but the events over the last couple of weeks.

Two of their subjects have been murdered and the only thing I have seen is a twitter saying we are watching events closely.

Because they are Lilly livered spineless apologists who don't want to upset anyone and do nothing to help their citizens whatsoever unless they get slapped in jail in which case they will visit and give you a Mars bar and a sympathetic smile. They are worse than pathetic - the Foreign Office, Government and most especially the Embassy staff. They make a whole to do about the ISIS beheading of a British Subject (as they should so long as it is not just words) but here are two people slain in just as horrific manner and then the whole police investigation shambles that follows is described as wonderfully professional - about as far away from the professionalism of the UK police as you could get - if I were a British cop I would take the Ambassadors comment as a slur in comparison. Disgraceful.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

This is so cheap and tacky. On the day before the funeral of one of the victims and in the context of very widespread doubt about the events/perpetrators, a bureaucrat announces to the media about plans to "lure" more tourists to KT.

Of course it makes sense for them to plan: many innocent victims in this case will end up losing their jobs in addition to the real tragedy. But public pronouncements of plans are really ill-timed and disrespectful. This kind of planning is best done quietly and to give at least the appearance that Thailand is not simply obsessed with revenue from tourism but has a genuine concern for the welfare of visitors

and refurbishing the island's security image now that homicide suspects are in custody.

Does it matter if they may not be the actual culprits ?

All of this means a trial is definitely not on the cards as if it went pear shaped there wouldn't be enough egg to cover all the faces, not that it's a worry in a country where accountability is non-existent.

Shameless and soulless is what it is... I can't fathom it.

I will never visit that island(nor any other island) .

Just out of protest,hope many thousands feel the same .

5000 illegal immigrants and a dodgy police force on Koh Tao ,

i think the other islands are same same .Stay away,not safe.

Visited Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan recently. You get a nasty feeling arriving on both as soon as you see the horrible characters lurking around the pier to fleece tourists and find the taxis (rusty pick-up trucks) are all controlled by the mafia and charge at least B1,000 for a 5 minute taxi ride. If you have ordered the hotel car to pick you up, it will wait for another couple of ferries until it is full, forcing you to take the mafia taxis. Service in many hotels and restaurants is often very poor because it is provided by untrained illegal immigrants who are obviously poorly paid, treated like shit and can't speak a work of Thai. Better call them slave islands than paradise islands. Such a pity given the natural beauty of the islands. Stay away and spend your money elsewhere.

I was a regular visitor to Koh Pha Ngan during the last decade. At first, I liked the less-developed, friendly, laid-back feel of the place. Luckily I only ever passed through Had Rin.

Every time I went I saw changes. There were more and more tourists. There were more and more resorts. The existing resorts became bigger and better resorts. Shops and restaurants sprang up, even some Italian and Indian food in Thong Sala! Prices went up.

The increasing number of tourists saw a lot of expansion and more substantial investment in the island regarding infrastructure, better roads and better connections to the outside world. This influx of money obviously attracted Thais from elsewhere,

There was a deterioration in the attitude of the locals. The songthaew drivers at the pier were less friendly and greedier. The people who worked at the resort that I frequented weren't as friendly.

It had become a different place.

I stopped going.

The problem is that the real killers have NOT been caught and still remain free on Koh Tao. It is even starting to look as though they may in fact be serial killers. If true, Koh Tao is NOT safe for any tourist and should be avoided like the plague.

In fact, it might not be such a bad idea to start a BOYCOTT KOH TAO campaign.

I think it is fairly safe to assume he has killed before. I am sure his conversations with his father go something like this- "Son, you can get away with alot. Nearly anything. But, like I told you before it hurts our business when you kill people. It is not good for the island. Especially when you kill foreigners. It is not good for this island. If you do kill I will of course get you off the hook, as we own the police. But, it is better not to do that. Just try to behave yourself. You are a bad boy".

And yes, I have instituted a boycott Tao for life campaign. I will never go back. I am encouraging everyone I talk with, to do the same. They will lose business. They will lose money. But, unfortunately, when the income of the five families drops from 15 million dollars, per year, per family to 12 million dollars, (ballpark estimate) not sure how much that matters. And they have huge fortunes stashed away already. So, unless we can encourage a complete boycott, it will not effect them too much. But, I will get great pleasure out of not patronizing them ever again.

Edited by spidermike007

Feeding the hand that bites, some people!

You are welcome to your opinion. Mine is not the same.

Visited Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan recently. You get a nasty feeling arriving on both as soon as you see the horrible characters lurking around the pier to fleece tourists and find the taxis (rusty pick-up trucks) are all controlled by the mafia and charge at least B1,000 for a 5 minute taxi ride. If you have ordered the hotel car to pick you up, it will wait for another couple of ferries until it is full, forcing you to take the mafia taxis. Service in many hotels and restaurants is often very poor because it is provided by untrained illegal immigrants who are obviously poorly paid, treated like shit and can't speak a work of Thai. Better call them slave islands than paradise islands. Such a pity given the natural beauty of the islands. Stay away and spend your money elsewhere.

I was a regular visitor to Koh Pha Ngan during the last decade. At first, I liked the less-developed, friendly, laid-back feel of the place. Luckily I only ever passed through Had Rin.

Every time I went I saw changes. There were more and more tourists. There were more and more resorts. The existing resorts became bigger and better resorts. Shops and restaurants sprang up, even some Italian and Indian food in Thong Sala! Prices went up.

The increasing number of tourists saw a lot of expansion and more substantial investment in the island regarding infrastructure, better roads and better connections to the outside world. This influx of money obviously attracted Thais from elsewhere,

There was a deterioration in the attitude of the locals. The songthaew drivers at the pier were less friendly and greedier. The people who worked at the resort that I frequented weren't as friendly.

I stopped going.

A common story for any resort destination over time.

Other than by comparison it has naught to do with KT.

I have close friends on KT. We eat out etc but spend our time in the water and evenings at home talking over a glass of good Bourbon...

There are not many places I enjoy more.

• Like 1

I stopped going.

A common story for any resort destination over time.

Other than by comparison it has naught to do with KT.

I have close friends on KT. We eat out etc but spend our time in the water and evenings at home talking over a glass of good Bourbon...

There are not many places I enjoy more.

Wow wow wow..... And YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY

This is gonna be interesting now....

Great work to those on Koh Tao who e mailed in. Don't stop now though. Keep e mailing every newspaper around the world. I called u all gutless bastards and it looks like I am going to have to retract that statement. My apologies.

Please don't stop writing

Please send me the link again.

The censorship has removed it.

I would like to published worldwide multiple

Well all these comments inspire me for my upcoming depature to Koh Tao in November sad.png

Not forget to give your personal information to your attorney.

It makes the job easier for the forensic later.

A handwritten testament would be fine too smile.png

Haven't got an attorney, I'll just let my mum know.

Yes that's true JD, but the crime itself isn't what's central in this or many other threads. It's the RTP's handling of the crime. There isn't a Thai that I know who believes that the police aren't covering it up.

• Like 1

Yes that's true JD, but the crime itself isn't what's central in this or many other threads. It's the RTP's handling of the crime. There isn't a Thai that I know who believes that the police aren't covering it up.

My Thai friends have questions as do I. None of them think that anyone other than the burmese guys did it. They question the legality of the investigation. They and I think it will all come out in the trial.

Well all these comments inspire me for my upcoming depature to Koh Tao in November sad.png

Not forget to give your personal information to your attorney.

It makes the job easier for the forensic later.

A handwritten testament would be fine too smile.png

Haven't got an attorney, I'll just let my mum know.

No surprise there!

• Like 1