Pattaya immigration no longer does conversion to non-O visa

Are Pattaya Immigration still doing annual extension of NON O based on retirement? I got my NON O at Jomtien on August 15 good until November 12.

based on 8000000 Baht. So, I go for my first annual extension soon. Will Jomtien be OK? Also precisely what documents/ photocopies are required?

Many thanks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The conversion to a non-imm O from a 30 day visa exempt.......... is the O visa valid on the same day or will require a trip back to CW a couple of days later etc?

Also, I have the required funds (for retirement purposes) in a branch at Pattaya (used to work there years ago) . Would i need to return to the Pattaya branch of Kasikorn to obtain the required letter or could a local branch in Bangkok do this?

Shameless 'bump' smile.png

Which other provincial offices are still doing non-O conversions as far as we know?

There are several that can do them. But Bangkok is the only one that will do them if you are not a resident of their area of responsibility.

The ones that I can think of are Sri Racha, Hua Hin, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Hat Yai and perhaps Rayong.

Seems like Phuket has to be struck off the list too..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767740-new-law-at-phuket/

Not sure about Phuket. Report says was told, but not sure if he was told by immigration.

From the OP about Phuket: "Was there with more than 21 days and was told twice, once in the morning 30 and again by another in the back row in the afternoon 30.", so clearly told by immigration.

Not sure about Phuket. Report says was told, but not sure if he was told by immigration.

From the OP about Phuket: "Was there with more than 21 days and was told twice, once in the morning 30 and again by another in the back row in the afternoon 30.", so clearly told by immigration.

Thanks. Seems I missed the meaning of the back row part.

That confirms conversion only in BKK, I had hoped one could still do a conversion at all of the regional headquarters. But as Phuket is one of them that seems a no.

Phuket is not a regional headquarters. It is in Hat Yai which was a choice given to the OP. But I am not sure they would do it for a non resident.

According to this it is Surat Thani. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police ?

The police and immigration regions are not the same. Hat Yai is immigration division 6 headquarters.

• Like 1

Phuket is not a regional headquarters. It is in Hat Yai which was a choice given to the OP. But I am not sure they would do it for a non resident.

According to this it is Surat Thani. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police ?

The police and immigration regions are not the same. Hat Yai is immigration division 6 headquarters.

Is there an updated list of all immigration regions with the local immigration offices and the regional HQ ?

• Like 1

Is there an updated list of all immigration regions with the local immigration offices and the regional HQ ?

Divisions 3 to 4 cover the regions of the country.

Three is in Bangkok (central). 4 in Korat (NE), 5 in Chiang Mai (north) and 6 Hat Yai (south).

You go to the organizational chart and click on each division to go to their websites. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=orgchart

On the immigration website you can select the regions under check points to find the offices. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

Also in FAQ on website number 13 lists the offices under each region. http://immigration.go.th/FAQs/index_en.html

• Like 1

Just reading over this thread and one question seems to remain unanswered

So it's clear they need 2x letters from the bank for "Conversion" in Bangkok (or others) one of which confirms that the money came from abroad

Does this rule also apply to the application process of extension renewal at the local IO

A member reported his conversion from visa exemption stamp to a non-immigrant O at the Bangkok immigration office on 13 OCT 2014 based on advise from the Jomtien office: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767359-how-to-get-retirement-visa-when-in-thailand-on-visa-exemption/page-2?p=8530203#entry8530203

I have just gone through the same process as I did not get a Re-Entry permit to enter the country. (my mistake)

Went to Jomtien immigration and the wife was told that Immigration Jomtien no longer had the power to issue the Visa any more and we had to go to Bangkok to apply there. We were handed a TM87 application for Visa form and another piece of A4 with the address and directions of how to get to the Government Complex. Immigration is situated in B Building, Floor 2, (South Zone) Chaengwattana Road (Soi 7), Laksi, Bangkok 10210

It's massive complex, if you don't know how to find it, get a Taxi.

Telephone 0-2141-9889 Fax 0-2143-8228

Office Hrs Mon to Fri (8:30 -1200 and 1300-16:30)

Web Site http:/bangkok.immigration.go.th

Went to Australian Embassy and had a Stat Dec confirmed with who pays me and how much I get a month.

We went to Immigration above address by cab, went to the front desk and was given a numbered ticket and told to wait, 2 hrs later we were called to the Immigration cubicle and asked for Passport, copy of front page of passport with my picture, asked for the TM87 form with my new picture attached and the Stat Dec from the OZ Embassy. ( never asked for bank letter) She worked out my monthly income from OZ to Thai baht at the current rate.

She then asked my wife and myself to fill out a document that was all in Thai and had little boxes to tick all over it. My wife asked what it was for and she replied, it was a document that stated that no inducement or bribe was asked to get the Visa. She then told my wife to fill it out and for me to sign it, which I did. I also had to write in this document Retirement Visa in English. She then asked for Bt2000 and gave me a recept which stated on a stamp, (RESULT 28th Oct 2014) She wrote my wife's mobile on the bottom of the document and told us to return on the 28th with passport.

Hope this helps.

Yesterday October 15, I was with Oz.friend at Immigration Office Amnat Charoen. The staff was different from whom I met as usual, the last time first of October, doing my "90-days".

My friend could extend his "30 days on arrival visa exempt" with 30 more days permission to stay for ฿1900.

A conversion to Non-O (for extension based on retirement) could not be done at this Office anymore. Chaeng Wattana Office in Bangkok was not mentioned.

Advice was to arrive in Thailand with Non-O visa from Thai consulate and then can apply for one year extension(s) based on retirement at Immigration Office.

A health certificate was mentioned, but I forgot where and when to show.

Three visa-exempts in a row without delay in between would be allowed if you like.

Edited by Khunangkaro

Apparently nothing new about the Pattaya office. More generally, if you arrive on your 60 day tourist visa, can you apply for the retirement extension immediately?

No!

That's what this thread is all about.

You must go to Bangkok now to do the first step, conversion to O visa (90 day stay).

Then later do the retirement extension back at Jomtien.

That is indeed new.

Before recently you COULD do the conversion to O from entry stamp or tourist visa at Jomtien.

I have just gone through the same process as I did not get a Re-Entry permit to enter the country. (my mistake)

Went to Jomtien immigration and the wife was told that Immigration Jomtien no longer had the power to issue the Visa any more and we had to go to Bangkok to apply there. We were handed a TM87 application for Visa form and another piece of A4 with the address and directions of how to get to the Government Complex. Immigration is situated in B Building, Floor 2, (South Zone) Chaengwattana Road (Soi 7), Laksi, Bangkok 10210

It's massive complex, if you don't know how to find it, get a Taxi.

Telephone 0-2141-9889 Fax 0-2143-8228

Office Hrs Mon to Fri (8:30 -1200 and 1300-16:30)

Web Site http:/bangkok.immigration.go.th

Went to Australian Embassy and had a Stat Dec confirmed with who pays me and how much I get a month.

We went to Immigration above address by cab, went to the front desk and was given a numbered ticket and told to wait, 2 hrs later we were called to the Immigration cubicle and asked for Passport, copy of front page of passport with my picture, asked for the TM87 form with my new picture attached and the Stat Dec from the OZ Embassy. ( never asked for bank letter) She worked out my monthly income from OZ to Thai baht at the current rate.

She then asked my wife and myself to fill out a document that was all in Thai and had little boxes to tick all over it. My wife asked what it was for and she replied, it was a document that stated that no inducement or bribe was asked to get the Visa. She then told my wife to fill it out and for me to sign it, which I did. I also had to write in this document Retirement Visa in English. She then asked for Bt2000 and gave me a recept which stated on a stamp, (RESULT 28th Oct 2014) She wrote my wife's mobile on the bottom of the document and told us to return on the 28th with passport.

Hope this helps.

Went into Immigration on the 28th at 11.30AM, got waiting number at front desk, handed Passport and waiting number to Imm lady and sat down. Name called out at 11.55AM and handed Passport with NON "O" stamped in it and Admit 10th Oct Until 11Jan 15. Told me I was naughty laughing and not to forget Re-Entry Permit next time. Said after 45 days get Retirement at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration. So within 30 minutes I was in and out, great and very happy.thumbsup.gif