Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sorry JnD, think we know what Chicog meant but if not it's not worth the effort in addressing it.

So you are agreeing with something that you think he meant?

But you dont want to comment on my reasonable question?

You must have a lot of questions right now all reasonable.

Falling out between themselves methinks now Red gigglem.gif

• Like 1

Same old city always good for a laugh, out played by a bunch of kids and the winner scored by a local red.

nev

Be careful they have the "messiah" taking over next season and total domination is about to take place gigglem.gif

I thought City were poor,take away Aguero and Silva and there is not a lot to shout about,read an article the other day regarding the ages of the current squad and was very surprised too many 30 plus so a lot of weeding out to be done by Guardiola.

p.s. Fellaini will be available for a nominal fee thumbsup.gif

Question for you City fans,reading the doom and gloom on this page about going backwards...............this time next year with your new manager in place what will be acceptable progress?

Are you prepared to give him time to adjust to Premiership football or will you be expecting almost instant results?

What would constitute failure in your opinion(s) under Guardiola,s management?

You have appointed what many to believe is the best coach in the business so it will be interesting to read your replies.

Serious question thumbsup.gif

BJ and J&D no reply as yet,curious to know.

Breadbury Blue says Premier League title and one domestic cup is a minimum he expects gigglem.gif

Your last line said "Serious Question"

Your above reply indicates it was a "Loaded Question"

Thats why I didnt bother replying because debating with you would be akin to debating with Alfie.

A complete and utter waste of timethumbsup.gif

I never asked for a debate just a straightforward question requiring a couple of answers rolleyes.gif if they are too difficult for you to understand,my apologies sad.png

What with that result and now stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the boonies, im not a happy bunny

Try some Larb moo BJ.........it will help with the stomach cramps at least clap2.gif

it,s only a game thumbsup.gif

Maybe you answer and ask reciprocally PeterMik as a ManU fan what will be acceptable progress for them next season regardless of who their manager is.

Acceptable is simply this, just play attractive entertaining football and the rewards will follow thumbsup.gif

OK,Got it. Confirmed what I thought. Thanks

Did you think my point was that he was sacked rather than just not getting renewed and replaced by a younger model; or that he doesn't give a flying fart what happens any more because the club have said they don't need him?

Either way, get off your high horse.

Do you think Pellegrini really gives a f-------?

if he doesnt care we are better off well rid as he is totally unprofessional and should be putting himself in the shop window. Pep is leaving and is still getting his players to play till the last minute.
  • Like 1

Just to cheer you up a bit ManC fans: PSG has been beaten 2-0 by Monaco yesterday evening, and while playing at home on top of this (first time this season and much more).

Their performance was abysmal and they really did deserve to be beaten.

Monaco really doesn't have an impressive attack usually, their standing at 2nd position in Ligue 1 is mostly due to their defensive play.

Their planting 2 goals to PSG would mean much if, like many people, I wasn't inclined to think that the PSG players' minds were already in Manchester and that they didn't give a crap about this Ligue 1 match.

I'm sure Laurent Blanc was very unhappy (and he did seem so).

Edited by Lannig

Thought they had already won the froggy league, in which event it would be no surprise if they played their B team and just rotated in 3 first teamers for some match practice. I guess he's taking the alternative approach and telling them all to go out and get some excercise; the unhappiness act probably just necessary cover for the cameras?!

European level competition must be so much easier for these mega teams and particularly when you combine it with being dominant in the 5th equal league (I put it on a par with the Dutch Eredivise and that maybe doing the cloggies a disservice).

if he doesnt care we are better off well rid as he is totally unprofessional and should be putting himself in the shop window. Pep is leaving and is still getting his players to play till the last minute.

At his age and after his oil money pay off, I'd be surprised if he gives a toss about the shop window either.

He's probably just bought himself a really, really big Santiago allotment, a shed and a pipe and slippers.

biggrin.png

** And membership at the local Dhabi and Juan Club.

Edited by Chicog

Just to cheer you up a bit ManC fans: PSG has been beaten 2-0 by Monaco yesterday evening, and while playing at home on top of this (first time this season and much more).

Their performance was abysmal and they really did deserve to be beaten.

Monaco really doesn't have an impressive attack usually, their standing at 2nd position in Ligue 1 is mostly due to their defensive play.

Their planting 2 goals to PSG would mean much if, like many people, I wasn't inclined to think that the PSG players' minds were already in Manchester and that they didn't give a crap about this Ligue 1 match.

I'm sure Laurent Blanc was very unhappy (and he did seem so).

Can't talk for anybody else but that didn't cheer me up. If we get past PSG are City going to win it...not in my opinion.

Did you think my point was that he was sacked rather than just not getting renewed and replaced by a younger model; or that he doesn't give a flying fart what happens any more because the club have said they don't need him?

Nope, tell a lie, he's been sacked.

http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2015/August/Club-statement-Manuel-Pellegrini-contract-extension/1438944266

Manchester City Football Club is pleased to confirm that the contract of first team manager, Manuel Pellegrini, has been extended.

The agreement, which was reached following discussions this summer, sees the contract run for two years through to June 2017.

Edited by Chicog

http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2015/August/Club-statement-Manuel-Pellegrini-contract-extension/1438944266

Manchester City Football Club is pleased to confirm that the contract of first team manager, Manuel Pellegrini, has been extended.

The agreement, which was reached following discussions this summer, sees the contract run for two years through to June 2017.

Keep up Chiccy. Mentioned ages ago that the contract extension had a clause that either Pelle or the club could cancel it

"I talked to the club and I will finish my contract on the original date," said Pellegrini on Monday.

"We signed a contract for one more year, but with a clause that one of the club or me cannot use that extended contract. So I will finish here on the original date.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/35461090

• Like 1

Thats why I asked you the question.

So the answer is you werent trying to be humorous/sarcastic, but rather you didnt have a clue what you were talking about as per usualtongue.png

Read BJs post for the reality of the contract situation.

As for him not giving a flying f###, I would like to think he does as he comes across as a decent guy. But I just think he is overrated as a manager and with the squad he has, including the youngsters, we should have done far far better this season.

As for him not giving a flying f###, I would like to think he does as he comes across as a decent guy. But I just think he is overrated as a manager and with the squad he has, including the youngsters, we should have done far far better this season.

Yes he's a decent guy, so why should he give a stuff when they went behind his back and hired a replacement without telling him.

Yes he's a decent guy, so why should he give a stuff when they went behind his back and hired a replacement without telling him.

Blimey Chic. Read up on the facts and the history. Pelle knew from the start of us signing him that he was second choice and we were trying to get Pep since 2013. Citys owners have been open and honest with him and he has confirmed that

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Go on, crack on!!

Blimey Chic. Read up on the facts and the history. Pelle knew from the start of us signing him that he was second choice and we were trying to get Pep since 2013. Citys owners have been open and honest with him and he has confirmed that

Steady on BJ..............its Chic.

He doesnt do the reading stuff. He forms an opinion based on ???? and then when you point out reality he either swears black is white or trys to pretend he is aving a larf.

Entertainment at least. And we do need a bit of cheering up with our continuing misperformances.laugh.png

• Like 1

At the risk of drifting off topic since this is no PSG forum... (sorry if I do)

Thought they had already won the froggy league, in which event it would be no surprise if they played their B team and just rotated in 3 first teamers for some match practice. I guess he's taking the alternative approach and telling them all to go out and get some excercise; the unhappiness act probably just necessary cover for the cameras?!

European level competition must be so much easier for these mega teams and particularly when you combine it with being dominant in the 5th equal league (I put it on a par with the Dutch Eredivise and that maybe doing the cloggies a disservice).

Oh yes they have won already, but the team that played and lost against Monaco Sunday was definitely no B team.

They have set themselves a goal of reaching 90 points in the Ligue 1, so I'd assume that they're not willing to play the remaining matches as mere exercise. I don't think Blanc's frustration was faked.

Anyway, I can assume that motivation will run much higher when playing against ManC.

I'm sure he said that as they waved his pay off cheque under his nose.

Abrahamovich uses the same tactics to avoid criticism.

gigglem.gif

I'm sure he said that as they waved his pay off cheque under his nose.

Abrahamovich uses the same tactics to avoid criticism.

gigglem.gif

He isnt getting a pay off cheque. He is completing his original contract and will be available to get employ elsewhere

There were 3 attempted suicides in the Manchester Ship Canal by city fans late on sunday following the derby defeat,luckily serious injuries were averted,god knows what will happen if "Pep the messiah" doesn,t deliver.

In Pep we trust thumbsup.gif

He isnt getting a pay off cheque. He is completing his original contract and will be available to get employ elsewhere

So why does your club's website say his contract was extended to 2017?

Not to 2016 "with an option". From AUGUST 2015:

Manuel Pellegrini signed a one-year contract extension with Manchester City on Friday and insisted if the club wanted Pep Guardiola they would have told him.

Pellegrini’s new deal ties him to the club until 2017, with his previous contract having been due to expire at the end of this season.

cheesy.gif

City fans considering protests.

Manchester City are increasing their match ticket prices for the forthcoming Champions League game V PSG.

For a club used as a toy by an oil rich Sheik it seems loyalty to the supporters is non existent thumbsup.gif