Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Why does it concern you? I posted the reasons why some don’t go. Up to them it’s their right as supporters

Surely as supporters they need to realise what is best for the clubs progress. The continued boos will not bode well with uefa as has been demonstrated. So it's not really supporting the efforts but the exact opposite.

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You are seriously saying around 20000 fans didn't turn up because they don't like UEFA?

Stop with the exaggeration Ronnie. Capacity is 55,000 minus a couple of thousand for segregation. 41,000 turned up so about 12,000 short of capacity. All that aside. Who cares? Don’t know why fans of other clubs are concerned about it. A few of my mates lost a lot of money because of UEFA and the CSK debacle. They have sworn to not spend a single penny anymore that will go into UEFA pockets. Surely that’s their choice

Apparently  750 Lyon fans.

Ronnies question is hard to answer. We get bigger crowds for Premier games than CL games. Lyon not really an attraction - be interesting to see the attendance  vs Hoffenheim. I think some clubs are in love with CL but City fans haven't really become a fan of it. Given the choice i think some clubs fans would prefer to win the CL over the Premier; i think for the vast majority of City fans the reverse is true. 

• Like 1

I wonder how many English teams would not sell out for Champions League matches...I hazard a guess, one. 

I hope you do continue through to the latter stages, as your team is one of the best in Europe, but who is arsed about watching you prove that? seems absurd.

I read on the BBC website that there seemed to be almost an air of it was gong to be one of them games that City were just gonna roll them over.

I must admit I thought the same so maybe the fans are saving themselves for what they see as the “bigger “ games in addition to the reason already given by Mr B. 

Just a thought. (Probably bollo x ?)

edit: the other possibility is they are saving themselves for the West Ham home fixture. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's interesting... I wonder if the players noticed it was less busy than a PL game, and if so if it had an effect on them. 

For sure they notice, Arteta mentioned it in his post match interview, but also mentioned they had won games with lesser crowds, so I guess they are used to it ?

42 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

1.I wonder how many English teams would not sell out for Champions League matches...I hazard a guess, one. 

2. Ihope you do continue through to the latter stages, as your team is one of the best in Europe, but who is arsed about watching you prove that? seems absurd.

1.Do ALL home games of english  teams sell out apart from City?

2. Dont understand  your comment .