Manchester City

mrbojangles

*****PUBLIC ADVISE WARNING*****

This is another joke.

Any self respecting Ciddy fan will tell you those are real people dressed in fancy dress as Blue seats and, the ground is obviously, as usual, full to the brim....!

That's because we don't FORCE our fans to come by taking the money out of their bank for a game, whether they turn up or not :o

I think i win that one :D

Yeah yeah, you would, if you could....!

No you don't.... I win 2-1.

Oh no you don't. United can't score more than 1 at the moment :D

Thats ok, we're still 1 place above you....! Above you is a position we've been in for, how many years is it mate....? :D

redrus

Edited by redrus

*****PUBLIC ADVISE WARNING*****

This is another joke.

Any self respecting Ciddy fan will tell you those are real people dressed in fancy dress as Blue seats and, the ground is obviously, as usual, full to the brim....!

That's because we don't FORCE our fans to come by taking the money out of their bank for a game, whether they turn up or not :o

I think i win that one :D

Yeah yeah, you would, if you could....!

No you don't.... I win 2-1.

Oh no you don't. United can't score more than 1 at the moment :D

Thats ok, we're still 1 place above you....! Above you is a position we've been in for, how many years is it mate....? :D

About 2 weeks now :D

From skysports:-

Sven hails investments

Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson believes all of his summer signings have gone up in value.

The former England boss was busy in the transfer market during the close season, bringing in no less than eight players.

The likes of Elano, Martin Petrov, Vedran Corluka, and Geovanni have all impressed so far this season, although Rolando Bianchi has struggled while Valeri Bojinov has been injured.

However, Eriksson still believes all of his acquisitions have gained in value and as they have age on their side, will continue to improve.

"I think the value of all the players who came in the summer has gone up, and of course that's good," he told the club's official website.

"They are all young, and if everything goes right for them they should get better and better."

Yeah, yeah, very droll lads. :o

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :D:o

:D:D

I think even Forest have got a bigger trophy room :bah: Chavy??

there'sone around there somewhere I just know there is, problem is the last time it was opened was 1990 :D & we've had a couple of new stands since so i'm sure a new one wouldn't be needed for the forseeable future :bah:

Sorry offtopic MrBJ butwe can't afford our own thread...I get frightened on my own

Edited by chavy

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :bah:;)

there'sone around there somewhere I just know there is, problem is the last time it was opened was 1990 :D & we've had a couple of new stands since so i'm sure a new one wouldn't be needed for the forseeable future :o

Sorry offtopic MrBJ butwe can't afford our own thread...I get frightened on my own

I think if we don't win something soon, we will both have to get Indiana Jones in to find them :D

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :bah:;)

there'sone around there somewhere I just know there is, problem is the last time it was opened was 1990 :D & we've had a couple of new stands since so i'm sure a new one wouldn't be needed for the forseeable future :o

I think if we don't win something soon, we will both have to get Indiana Jones in to find them :D

Fear not Mr Bo a can just smell a trophy coming...COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!! :D

That's a gonna change, VERY shortly :bah::o

there'sone around there somewhere I just know there is, problem is the last time it was opened was 1990 :D & we've had a couple of new stands since so i'm sure a new one wouldn't be needed for the forseeable future

Fear not Mr Bo a can just smell a trophy coming...COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!! ;)

No no your mistaken....that's Thaksin's Tom Yam Gung you can smell :D !!

Are you sure? I thought it was more the smell of BS on this forum about City winning a trophy this season :o

Nobody has mentioned "this season" , we only said "soon" and we have a 3 year plan. And that is soon for us after waiting 31 years :D

Are you sure? I thought it was more the smell of BS on this forum about City winning a trophy this season :o

Nobody has mentioned "this season" , we only said "soon" and we have a 3 year plan. And that is soon for us after waiting 31 years :D

No this season you wait and see ye of little faith,mind you ive been saying that for the past 25 years :bah:

Does the 3 years include Thaksin's jail term ? :D

No no your mistaken....that's Thaksin's Tom Yam Gung you can smell :bah: !!

Are you sure? I thought it was more the smell of BS on this forum about City winning a trophy this season :D

Does the 3 years include Thaksin's jail term ? :D

:D

He didn't do it i tell you. He is an upstanding member of the community :o

Another outstanding performance again this weekend. Report from the BBC:-

Man City 3-1 Middlesbrough

An Elano-inspired Manchester City dispatched injury-ravaged Middlesbrough to maintain their 100% home record.

Boro made their task harder when Chris Riggott diverted the ball into his own goal from Martin Petrov's corner.

That was only eight minutes in and, 25 minutes later, City doubled their lead when the impressive Elano arrowed a 25-yard shot into the bottom corner.

Elano curled in a stunning free-kick after the break to cap a fine display before Ben Hutchinson notched for Boro.

It was another impressive performance from Sven-Goran Eriksson's side, who remain third in the Premier League table, three points behind leaders Arsenal.

How Boro boss Gareth Southgate must have wished he had an equivalent of the skilful Brazilian to call on.

But instead he was forced into giving 20-year-old forward Tom Craddock his first Premier League start as his other first-choice strikers were all unavailable.

There was little chance to see how Boro might fare offensively before they fell behind.

In came Petrov's corner from the right and Riggott, brought in to bolster the Boro defence, side-footed the ball past his own keeper.

Credit to Boro, they did respond well and tried to take the game to their opponents.

But City always looked the more threatening with their possession, with Elano displaying deft touches and Petrov showing his pace.

On 35 minutes, City launched a fast counter-attack which ended with a fierce low drive into the bottom corner from Elano, who had strode on to Michael Johnson's exquisite back heel.

It was a blow for Boro, who might have been on level terms three minutes before had Lee Cattermole done better with a free header that Joe Hart pushed away.

After the break, City quickly had a chance to add to their advantage but Stephen Ireland's shot was well blocked.

Craddock then had his best moment for Boro when he bore down on goal but had his shot smothered at his feet by the on-rushing Hart.

It was just about Craddock's final contribution before he made way for Ben Hutchinson to make his Boro debut.

And though Boro came forward more, they presented no greater threat.

Not so of City, whose crisp passing and swift movement earned them a free-kick on the edge of the box when Emile Mpenza was upended.

It seemed a perfect opportunity for Elano and so it proved as the striker precisely swept the ball from turf to top corner with an effortless swing of his gifted right foot.

An athletic save from Mark Schwarzer prevented Ireland's volley from Elano's pass creeping into the near corner as City threatened again.

On 78 minutes Elano was substituted and left the field to a standing ovation, while Boro will have no doubt been delighted to see the back of him.

But City still had plenty of attacking prowess on the field and it took a superb save from a stretched Schwarzer to prevent Petrov making it 4-0 late in the game.

The home side had the points wrapped up but it was Boro who scored the final goal of the game when Hutchinson reacted fastest to slot home after Hart had kept out a shot.

Another great result and for the 2nd week running we completely played the other team off the park.

We are now playing entertaining football, something not seen for a long time, and we always look likely to score.

Of course there are areas for improvement, but what a difference a season makes.

Just as an aside, I did not think I would ever here a commentator mention the words "Samaras" and 'Pace' in the same sentence, but that is exactly what happened when Samaras came on and burnt the fullback over 30 yds. I couldnt believe my eyes!!!!!

Looks like SGE has them all believing in themselves.

Trophy room will not be bare for much longer methinks!!! :o

Elano has been voted Player of the Weekend and Goal of the Weekend :o

From skysports:

Player of the Weekend

Elano

The outrageously talented Brazilian continues to sparkle on the Premier League stage with a magical display in the 3-1 win over Middlesbrough. It was only last week that the pundits were singing Elano's praises following his pivotal performance in the victory over Newcastle United. Once again he was instrumental, scoring twice as Sven Goran Eriksson's men stayed third in the table. His first was a fine rasping drive from Michael Johnson's sublime back heel on the edge of the box. And then in the second half Elano topped his own effort with a stunning curling free-kick that gave a crestfallen Mark Schwarzer not a prayer.

Goal of the Week

Elano

It's that man again. The brilliant Brazilian presumably thought it would have been rude not to once again treat football fans with a stunning free-kick. Last weekend against Newcastle United he hit an unstoppable strike into the top corner, and on Sunday, he demonstrated his variety by showing his ability to not only belt the ball but to caress it into the corner. Elano stepped up on 63 minutes to curl a wonderful free-kick past a stunned Mark Schwarzer.

Corluka hails Micah quality

Manchester City's Vedran Corluka believes Micah Richards is the 'best centre-half in England'.

The Croatian's comments follow his summer transfer from Dinamo Zagreb in which he has witnessed Richard's unquestioned ability and potential over the past two months.

The 19-year-old has received rave reviews from pundits after demonstrating some impressive defending in the centre of Sven-Goran Eriksson's defence.

But for England, Steve McClaren has utilised him in the right-back position as he sticks with the established duo of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand.

Corluka admits that he knew little of Richards before his move to Manchester, but he has now voiced strong praise for the youngster.

"I didn't know Micah before I came here but now I've watched him in training and in games I think he's already a great player and the best centre-half in England," he told the Daily Star.

England face Croatia on 21st November in the final of their Group E Euro 2008 qualifying games, and Corluka believes the pressure will be on England to secure all three points.

"I've been telling Micah all the pressure will be on England for that game," he explained.

"But Micah is confident too. We must beat Israel and England must beat Estonia and not lose to Russia and then we'll both qualify. That would be good for our countries - and City."

I'm wondering just how deep Stevie Ireland's problems are? To not want to play for your country is pretty sad really.

Stan couldn't convince Ireland

Steve Staunton admits there was nothing he could do to convince Stephen Ireland to play for his country in the forthcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers against Germany and Cyprus.

Ireland pulled out of the Republic of Ireland squad for the second time in a matter of months, citing personal problems.

Whilst Staunton is more than sympathetic to the midfielder's situation, he is clearly disappointed not to be able to call on a player who continues to show good form for Manchester City in the Premier League.

"The player's health is the most important thing and we fully respect Stevie's wishes and fully understand what he is going through and he has to sort this out himself," Staunton told Sky Sports News.

"It is a personal issue, we know he has got problems, Man City, myself, the FAI (Irish FA) have tried everything to get around it, but at this moment in time he is not ready or prepared to play for his country.

"We know he is being well looked after, Sven Goran Eriksson and Man City are doing everything in their power, it is down to the boy now and we have to respect his situation, we know he has got troubles and it is only Stevie who can deal with it.

"It is unfortunate but you have to respect his wishes, but the most important thing is that Stevie has to get himself right.

"We have been in discussions for the last week, I went over to the Manchester City training ground but it is just one of those things - we named him but he just doesn't think he was up to it - we tried everything, but we have to respect his wishes.

"We tried to get to the bottom of it, but it will take time because he has got issues and at this moment, we think he is safe in the Manchester arena. For him to come away for ten days he thinks it would be detrimental to himself."

Sven says he wants to strengthen the squad once the transfer window opens again & Thaksin has given the go ahead to splash the cash again....who do you think he's got lined up MrBJ ?

I haven't got the foggiest buddy. Patrick Vierra, :D Nic Anelka :o have been banded about, but probably just paper talk.

Our Sven will come up with yet another diamond though, of that i am sure :D

Sven says he wants to strengthen the squad once the transfer window opens again & Thaksin has given the go ahead to splash the cash again....who do you think he's got lined up MrBJ ?

Michael Owen is being talked up as a possible target.. not a bad idea in my opinion.. :o

Michael Owen is being talked up as a possible target.. not a bad idea in my opinion.. :o

Yeah i heard that this morning. Personally i'm not too sure. Too many injuries lately.

Yeah i heard that this morning. Personally i'm not too sure. Too many injuries lately.

Agreed. Too injury prone.

I recently read that Jens Lehman was a target!!!!!!!!

I think the Aussie guy from the Italian club will be done.

The graet thing about SGE is that he has this network in Europe. He seems to be better informed than most as to who can be made available, and of course he has a huge reputation abroad which means more players want to come and play for him :D