Manchester City

mrbojangles

HUGE GAME tomorrow and the first real test i believe to ascertain how good City are.I must confess that i would be delighted with a draw and realistically thats the best we can expect but who knows KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

I see that PRAT barton has been shooting his mouth of again i really do not understand what his problem is i mean how many chances did City give him before it became impossibile to keep him and look how he repays us,i think and hope his career is going to come to a very unpleasant end, :o:D

You can take a scum bag out of Huyton, but you will never take Huyton out of a scum bag :D

HUGE GAME tomorrow and the first real test i believe to ascertain how good City are.I must confess that i would be delighted with a draw and realistically thats the best we can expect but who knows KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

I see that PRAT barton has been shooting his mouth of again i really do not understand what his problem is i mean how many chances did City give him before it became impossibile to keep him and look how he repays us,i think and hope his career is going to come to a very unpleasant end, :D:D

You can take a scum bag out of Huyton, but you will never take Huyton out of a scum bag :o

It can happen :D:D , I've got a good job and don't shout my mouth off :bah::bah: .

If I was a PRAT like the boy Barton , who I went to school with and can confirm 100 % is a PRAT , I could get offended :o

I see that PRAT barton has been shooting his mouth of again i really do not understand what his problem is i mean how many chances did City give him before it became impossibile to keep him and look how he repays us,i think and hope his career is going to come to a very unpleasant end, :D:D

You can take a scum bag out of Huyton, but you will never take Huyton out of a scum bag ;)

It can happen :D:bah: , I've got a good job and don't shout my mouth off :o:bah: .

If I was a PRAT like the boy Barton , who I went to school with and can confirm 100 % is a PRAT , I could get offended :o

No offence meant pal.

But this guy really is toe rag.

Nothing against Huyton. Went out with a girl whos father owned a pub in Huyton, many moons ago!!!!!! :D

I see that PRAT barton has been shooting his mouth of again i really do not understand what his problem is i mean how many chances did City give him before it became impossibile to keep him and look how he repays us,i think and hope his career is going to come to a very unpleasant end,

You can take a scum bag out of Huyton, but you will never take Huyton out of a scum bag

It can happen :D:D , I've got a good job and don't shout my mouth off :bah::D .

No offence meant pal.

Nothing against Huyton. Went out with a girl whos father owned a pub in Huyton, many moons ago!!!!!! :D

None taken Jack , I'm one of the good guys :bah::o .

Just saying that I agree that Barton can be a complete benny at times and is constantly letting himself down. He was always a cocky little sh1t at school and obviously hasn't grown up.

BTW , do you remember the name of that boozer ????

I see that PRAT barton has been shooting his mouth of again i really do not understand what his problem is i mean how many chances did City give him before it became impossibile to keep him and look how he repays us,i think and hope his career is going to come to a very unpleasant end,

You can take a scum bag out of Huyton, but you will never take Huyton out of a scum bag

It can happen :D:D , I've got a good job and don't shout my mouth off :bah::D .

No offence meant pal.

None taken Jack , I'm one of the good guys :bah::o .

Just saying that I agree that Barton can be a complete benny at times and is constantly letting himself down. He was always a cocky little sh1t at school and obviously hasn't grown up.

BTW , do you remember the name of that boozer ????

This was back in 1985. Joe Murphy was the old man.

Had daughters Elaine, Caroline and son Joe

Well that was an absolute drubbing. Well played Chelsea, you battered us :o

Its a cunning plan.

Trying to lull Bolton into a false sense of security :D

Awful today. Midfield went missing.Richards had a bad game. Ireland not upto the grade

Maybe Abramovich paid Thaksin off :D

I thought City played into Chelski's hands :o .

A bit gung ho in a midfield which Chelsea was always going to win , I thought City were lacking the quality needed to beat chelski at their own game .

A bit suprising coming from Erikkson , he is usually a lot more shrewd than that and I don't think he's been beaten 6-0 in to many games he's managed.

Not a good weekend Mr.B.J., a 6-0 thrashing and a 1 - 1 draw for the 'Dale at

Morecambe, just put it down to a minor glitch in the system,

Rochdale will improve.............. :o

6=0 thrashing ,taksins looking tired with those big bags under his eyes .

<deleted>, it wasn't a dream :D:D

I'll have a friendly bet with you mrbj. That West Ham will finish higher than Citeh. But don't worry about Chelsea. You just came up against a team of good players, who know each other well and are playing with a new found freedom.Their time will come when there's an exodus of the likes of Drogba , Lumplard and Joe Cole* comes back home to West Ham *get's back off his knees and stops pleading with the Buddha. :o

Hard to know what to say about that performance. Think the Times got it about right with:

"Trapped in the wrong place on the wrong afternoon, poor Manchester City are now fully aware that good players remain good, regardless of who sends them on the pitch....Were Chelsea as good as 6-0 suggests? They were. Did they tear City apart limb by limb? They did. A man who attends every Chelsea game, home and away, sat in the next seat and judged it Chelsea’s best performance since the 4-1 defeat of West Ham in April, 2006. That’s 18 months and a lot of games under the reign of Jose... Eriksson came to Stamford Bridge with the appreciation of the football world. He has turned City into an exciting side. No longer are they scavenging for one-nils, because with Martin Petrov and Elano, they now have creators and scorers in the midfield. But yesterday was a day of reckoning and City were rather like a deer caught in the head-lamps, blinded by Chelsea’s speed and accurate passing...Petrov and Elano can play, but so too can Mikel, Lampard and Michael Essien. The difference was that Chelsea’s midfielders do it at both ends of the field. They attack and they defend. City’s two most creative players don’t do much defending. Therein lay the imbalance – all Chelsea players were prepared to accept every responsibility."

To which i'd add that:

[*]Our free-open style of play, played right in to their hands.

[*]Had Ireland gone with his head and not his chest early in the game i reckin we would have had the lead, and if he'd scored as he should have or even laid it wide right to Elano we should have been back in the game at 2-1 down.

[*]Samaras offered little - see he was voted City's best player ahead of Hart with +30% of the vote - and doesn't lead the line as well as Mpenza who was missed.

[*]Our 3 artisans + 2 grafters in midfield were not a match to Chelsea's powerhouse midfield 3 - that was where the game was lost.

[*]SGE by not changing it around until we were 3-0 down and way in to the game helped lose the game - he should have taken off a midfield player for Ball coming on - i would have put Garrido in midfield and Ball at fullback. I might even have been tempted to put Nedum at rightback, Coluka alongside Dunn and Micah in midfield just in front of the back two (don't forget he used to be a midfield holding player) such were the pretty triangles around us, diagonal balls cutting out Garrido and runs straight through the back two. It needed a few brave decisions and SGE sat there just watching.

[*]Garrido lost the plot and was found very wanting in this game, though he had little support.

[*] Micah needs to stop reading his press cuttings and keep his head down. His petulance also contributed to the loss. I'd like to see Corluka alongside Dunney and Micah back at fullback for a while to see how that works.

[*] I appreciate that Joe Hart is young, made a few excellent saves and Chelsea were one on one with him too many times, but to let 4, yes 4, through your legs, there has to be something wrong. Expect to see the Swede in goal next week.

[*] We did make it a game but got spanked, fair play to Chelsea, excellent performance and great finishing (think only Elano at City can finish like them].

Roll on next game!

I'll have a friendly bet with you mrbj. That West Ham will finish higher than Citeh.

I'll have some of that HH

Right you are then.

How about a pony (£25) to make it interesting ? :o

Your'e on. And as we can't gamble on here, it will obviously go to a charity of our choice :D :D

:o:D:D

Oh well i think as Bred says lets just move onto the next game!I cant believe (well i can actually)the hysterical reaction from some of the fans.Lets put it this way if you said to me at the beginning of the season that after 11 games we would be sitting 3rd i think i would have advised you to visit your doctor quickly and get some strong anti pyscotic drugs :D

and remeber the old adage one bad game does,nt make a bad team.KEEP THE FAITH!

Edited by totlanh

I'll have a friendly bet with you mrbj. That West Ham will finish higher than Citeh.

I'll have some of that HH

Right you are then.

How about a pony (£25) to make it interesting ? :D

Your'e on. And as we can't gamble on here, it will obviously go to a charity of our choice :D :D

I'd take him up on that offer as well as probably many others on the forum. :o Think City will still finish top 8 this season, whereas West Ham will be down around 10th.

From City's web site:-

Sven - The hard work starts here

Sven-Goran Eriksson is determined that City will make amends for Saturday’s defeat at Stamford Bridge by focussing on the Carling Cup tie at Bolton.

The Blues make the short trip up the M61 on Wednesday, but for the Manager the hard work began on Sunday morning when the squad reconvened for training at Carrington

“We are lucky that we have a match on Wednesday, we are going to talk about it at Carrington and we are going to try to forget this as quickly as possible because it was awful against Chelsea,” Eriksson asserted.

“They would have been in on Sunday anyway. We are normally free after a game, but not when we are playing on Wednesday, we have to warm down then we have Monday and Tuesday to prepare.

“We have to talk, go out on the pitch and train and work much better, I hope this only happens once because it was very bad. We are going to try and do everything we can to beat Bolton now and we will see what this will do mentally to the team.”

He also refuted suggestions that City were fortunate to be riding so high in the table prior to the trip to London.

“I don’t think we’ve been lucky before Chelsea, we deserved the position we had. On Saturday we deserved the result we had as well, because if you are not aggressive or work together as a team when you defend, especially playing at Stamford Bridge, then you will suffer.

“Many of the goals came from us losing the ball and two, three passes later, they were alone with Joe Hart. That’s not good enough for the Premier League.”

How are the players on out loan doing?

Two of City’s young on-loan players were in the goals again over the weekend.

Striker Ishmael Miller’s 16th minute header put West Brom on course for a win over managerless Norwich City, and it was the Moston-born player’s eighth in all competitions since his move to the Hawthorns in August.

Miller also crossed for Kevin Phillips to nod home for the Baggies’ second goal, but afterwards he admitted to the official West Brom web site: "Heading's not really my forte. I know I'm a big lad but I normally score most of my goals with my left foot.

"It's just nice to get another goal and another win, especially at home, where we need to win as many as possible."

Defender Shaleum Logan scored his second for Grimsby Town, but once again it was not enough to ensure a vital win for the Mariners. The 19-year-old had marked his debut against Rochdale with a cracker before Grimsby eventually lost 2-1, and on Saturday his sublime chip over the keeper had given them the lead. Sadly for Shaleum, Bradford City levelled deep into injury time at the end of the match to deny Alan Buckley’s side three crucial points.

Elsewhere, Kasper Schmeichel went straight into Cardiff City’s side for their home game against Scunthorpe United, but he would have left Ninian Park disappointed after the Bluebirds were held to a 1-1 draw. The Danish Under 21 international lined up alongside former City colleagues Trevor Sinclair and Robbie Fowler.

Danny Mills played in Charlton’s defeat at home to QPR, while Matt Mills featured for Doncaster in their 4-2 win over Leyton Orient.

Sven - The hard work starts here

Sven-Goran Eriksson is determined that City will make amends for Saturday's defeat at Stamford Bridge by focussing on the Carling Cup tie at Bolton.

The Blues make the short trip up the M61 on Wednesday, but for the Manager the hard work began on Sunday morning when the squad reconvened for training at Carrington

"We are lucky that we have a match on Wednesday, we are going to talk about it at Carrington and we are going to try to forget this as quickly as possible because it was awful against Chelsea," Eriksson asserted.

"They would have been in on Sunday anyway. We are normally free after a game, but not when we are playing on Wednesday, we have to warm down then we have Monday and Tuesday to prepare.

"We have to talk, go out on the pitch and train and work much better, I hope this only happens once because it was very bad. We are going to try and do everything we can to beat Bolton now and we will see what this will do mentally to the team."

He also refuted suggestions that City were fortunate to be riding so high in the table prior to the trip to London.

"I don't think we've been lucky before Chelsea, we deserved the position we had. On Saturday we deserved the result we had as well, because if you are not aggressive or work together as a team when you defend, especially playing at Stamford Bridge, then you will suffer.

"Many of the goals came from us losing the ball and two, three passes later, they were alone with Joe Hart. That's not good enough for the Premier League."

I hope you turn over that ###t megson. He nearly sent us to Div 4 :o